Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel a need to post , as a bruins fan , I am sure both Montreal in the Bruins wanted Pittsburgh.

You have a good program , at least 2 of the best players in the NHL .

Knowing how hardcore fans react , they want heads to roll .

Last season I thought the Pittsburgh had a better overall team . Not sure why syd the kid is drawing low # in the last two playoff seasons.. Something wrong with him or his line ? Lamuix needs to make some drastic changes .
Old 05-16-2014, 08:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Shero fired. Bylsma remains. Will be the new GM's decision as to whether he & the coaching staff remain.

Last edited by Alaric20; 05-16-2014 at 08:40 AM
Alaric20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought it would have been the other way around
Calgaryfan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Dan Byslma finally gets the boot. Jim Rutherford (recently fired Canes GM) installed as the Pens new GM, who essentially admitted he's a stop gap GM to mentor Jason Botterill (Associate GM). Bill Guerin becomes an Assistant GM.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

About time they gave him the boot
Old 06-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Any news on what coaches are on the market? Someone told me Torts was being considered, in which case I'll just go jump off a bridge right now.

Also...anyone else mega worried about Orpik's contract ending?

PartOfTheSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Mike Johnston is the new head coach of the Pens. Rick Tocchet becomes assistsnt coach. Draft is tonight. Pens have 22nd pick.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/...-as-new-coach/
Old 06-28-2014, 12:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

James Neal was traded to Nashville in return for Patric Hornqvist (Right Wing) and Nick Spaling (Left Wing). Let's see how it works out. Disappointed to see Neal go, however not overly surprised. Last year was disappointing productivity wise and he was again ineffective in the playoffs. I think the trade is a huge part to do with his behaviour and attitude. I wonder who broke the news to Geno? He must be gutted.

Pens picked young Finnish forward Kasperi Kapanen.

Tanner Glass will not return to the Penguins.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So sad to hear Neal got traded, but I guess it happens. Poor Geno, I wonder who told him
Old 07-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Free agency frenzy

Jokinen to Florida Panthers
Glass to New York Rangers
Orpik to Washington Capitals
Niskanen to Washington Capitals
Engelland - Calgary Flames

Last edited by Alaric20; 10-02-2014 at 02:28 PM
Old 07-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What is going on? All these players they let go, two of them to the craps, how could they
Old 10-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

The season is almost here & zero idea what to expect from the Pens. Pre-season was mixed.

Crosby only played one game due to injury & bereavement.

Geno has been completely MIA. No indication of what kind of injury he has. He's not skating or working out & has done zero media since his return to Pittsburgh. It's all very mysterious.

Duper has returned from injury but Beau & Bort are out for 6 weeks & 3-4 weeks respectively. Beau was injured in a freak accident after being clipped by the skate of Kapanen & falling awkwardly. He is so injury prone & you have to feel sorry for the kid.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What is wrong with Geno?
Old 10-08-2014, 02:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgaryfan2006 (View Post)
What is wrong with Geno?
Neither Geno or Pens management will say what it is or how it happened. He has his first proper practice yesterday. He says he is 50/50 as to whether he will play in the first game vs Anaheim tomorrow. Media asked him about his condition, new changes etc & discussed his surprise at his "buddy Nealer" being traded & how he found out about the trade in the newspaper

Off Day: Evgeni Malkin (10.07.14) Video - NHL VideoCenter - Pittsburgh Penguins

Quote:
Penguins' Malkin admits Neal trade was surprise
By Josh Yohe Penguins Reporter
Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2014

Center Evgeni Malkin hadn't spoken to the media in almost five months.

Penguins management didn't always speak with him during that same period.

Malkin broke his silence and acknowledged — not angrily, but bluntly — that new general manager Jim Rutherford did not confer with the star before trading right wing James Neal to the Nashville Predators in June.

Neal was Malkin's best friend on the team and his preferred linemate. His MVP season in 2011-12 came while Neal skated on Malkin's right wing, scoring 40 goals.

“They did not talk to me (about the trade),” Malkin said. “I read about it in the paper. Nealer texted me the whole summer that he didn't know what was going on or why he was traded. But it's a new GM. It's his job. He never asked me.”

Malkin admitted the Penguins' postseason efforts since they won the Stanley Cup in 2009 have been insufficient. They have been eliminated in the postseason by lower seeded teams in each of those five seasons.

He knew change was coming after the Penguins blew a 3-1 series lead against the Rangers. The Neal trade just wasn't what he was expecting.

“I was surprised my buddy Nealer was traded,” he said. “But it's hockey. We lost the last (five) years (in the playoffs). It's not good enough. Guys like Patric (Hornqvist) and (Steve) Downie are good players. Maybe the changes are good for us.”

Speaking of change, Malkin is dealing with a new coaching staff and received an August visit from Johnston in Moscow.

“It was a surprise for me being this is his first year,” Malkin said. “He came to see me. We talked. It was good that he came to see me.”

Malkin has skated four of the past five days and finally took part in a team practice Tuesday at Consol Energy Center. He suffered an injury at some point before training camp, though he refused to acknowledge the nature of the injury.

He proclaimed himself “50/50” to play in the regular season opener Thursday against the Anaheim Ducks.

“It was minor,” he said. “It's not a big problem. I can't say what the injury was. But now it's great. I can't say whether I will play (against Anaheim) because this was my first practice. If not (against Anaheim), maybe in the second game (Saturday at Toronto).”

Johnston said it will be important to gauge how Malkin feels following the full practice before assessing when he can return.

“We'll see how he reacts tomorrow morning,” Johnston said. “We'll see if it's Thursday, Saturday or into next week (when Malkin returns).”

When Malkin does return, he might have a new position.

Johnston temporarily plans to use Malkin on the right wing with center Brandon Sutter and left wing Pascal Dupuis on the second line.

“I like how Sutter is playing,” Johnston said. “It takes away some defensive responsibilities for Malkin. Sutter can play down low a little more.”

Last edited by Alaric20; 10-08-2014 at 02:34 AM
Old 10-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Poor Geno, losing his best friend, but let's hope the Pens can do good this year and Geno and Sid can stay healthy
Reply   Post New Thread