Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

NY Yankees #14 - Have faith in the Yankees, my son. - Ernest Hemingway

To the New York Yankees aka Bronx Bombers thread.

~Golden Rule~
Don't Bash The Yankees

Lots of changes in the Yankee Family. To keep yourself informed of everything that's happening always check with the Official Yankee Home.

Important:

-Contreras is gone.
-Loaiza is in.
-Giambi is still experiencing fatigue at the plate but has been on the lineup twice. That's always a good sign.
-There are only two spots left on the Post Season roster.

Lots of good wishes for Jason Giambi, may his health recover soon!

For anyone wondering how are Jeter and ARod getting along...

...the answer is great!

*I don't know who made this screencap but MUCH credit to you! [/B]

Our rally pet

--------

I don't have faith in the Yanks per se, because I'm christian and I only have faith in God but I just love that quote!

Last edited by ROCKSTAR; 10-10-2004 at 02:50 PM
Old 09-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Re: NY Yankees #14 - Have faith in the Yankees, my son. - Ernest Hemingway

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR

I don't have faith in the Yanks per se, because I'm christian and I only have faith in God but I just love that quote!
icam great job on the thread and i love the title for the same as wat u said ^up there

Old 09-22-2004, 01:50 AM
Elite Fan

No problem!

And did anyone see Jason's HR?????? I'm so happy I taped it!! I thought it was going to get caught but it the OF fell short!! He drove in 3 today. This guy *HAS* to be on our PS roster. Besides, even if he's weak, it just wouldn't be the same without the Giambino I want him in the post season with us!!

Jete's on fire!

And I have to say, I felt happy for Loaiza. I didn't think I would be soooo happy for him but I was. He deserved to win tonight!
Old 09-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Addicted Fan

I didn't get to see Giambi's HR last night but I'm glad he got a good hit

I'm so pleased for Jeter. He's doing so well lately, and he's great to watch. Such a team player

Anxiously awaiting the weekend to see us hopefully beat Boston again. I'm hoping that last week's victory in the Red Sox series gives the team the confidence to go to Fenway and kick some Green Monster butt

Go Yankees
I can ride you at a gallop till your legs buckle and your eyes roll up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you pop like warm champagne and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

Hi guys. I'm nervous about the next series at Fenway also. But just because it's going to be so loud and exhausting... Ugh, I hope the guys are not dead tired after their horrible schedule.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:13 AM
Banned

I've been MIA but now I'm back. I watched all the games so far. I saw Jason's homerun and I absolutely loved it. I'm mad at Matsui right now because he hasn't been hitting good lately. Yankees lost versus Toronto tonight and I'm furious. El Duque just didn't have his touch tonight, and Mr. Torre should've changed him when he came up the first time. Maybe the outcome would've changed.

I am so happy for Loaiza. Did you guys see his face when the Yankees won. He raised his fists and had a smile on his face. You don't see that very often. What's up with that Green Monster thing at Fenway anyway? I hate it. It gets in the way of the balls that would've been a homerun.

I watched CNN a few nights ago and it was funny cuz the Play of the Day was when Mora got stuck on the rundown and he had a lot of Red Sox infielders after him, but he actually got away with it and scored a run. That was hilarious! First time I saw a guy who got stuck in a rundown get away with it.

Nikki: I like the thread title, and who's the one with Jeter?

Old 09-23-2004, 05:18 AM
Banned

Hey! Did anyone here happen to watch Anger Management starring Adam Sandler and Marisa Tomei? There was a scene in Yankee Stadium and Roger Clemens and Derek Jeter both had lines. And I saw Jorge Posada's back.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:30 PM
Addicted Fan

I loved Anger Management. I didn't know it had anything to do with the Yankees when I watched it a few months ago, and when it got to the final scenes I was squealing. Yes, like a fangirl. I love the scenes with Rocket and DJ I played it to my mum trying to explain to her what it's like at a Yankees game when everyone chants, etc.

And I watched it again last week, only just noticed that it's the Red Sox that they're playing!

'Goosfraba'
I can ride you at a gallop till your legs buckle and your eyes roll up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you pop like warm champagne and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Katherine_Behr*~
I am so happy for Loaiza. Did you guys see his face when the Yankees won.

Nikki: I like the thread title, and who's the one with Jeter?[/IMG]
That's an old picture. The one next to Jeet is Tino Those were good times!

And yeah about Loaiza! He was so happy that I absolutely got contaminated with his smile I loved it!

About Anger Management -- I haven't seen it yet but my neighbor told me about it. He's 15 but he's in love with Jeter! (Not that way, ) So he told me all about it. I can't wait to see it, though.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR
That's an old picture. The one next to Jeet is Tino Those were good times!
omg its tino? i misssssssss himmmmm and paulie and brosius! the good old days! they were the ones playing wen i first discovered the magic that is the yankees!

Old 09-24-2004, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

ok i have the aprentice on in the background and one of the grls was all happy that they got mike piazza to do something for their project and they were like

"evry1 loves mike piazza. even yankee fans love mike piazza"

umm.. no. no no hunny no! just ...no.

i repeat

Old 09-24-2004, 02:28 AM
Banned

Sam: I never got the "goosfraba" thing. Since you watched it, do you think you could post their lines up here for me. I was when Rocket said something about his arm startin' to cool off. And Derek was trying to calm him down or something. I only watched half of it since I watched it in HBO and I recognized they were playing against the Red Sox. It was hilarious when this girl stripped in front of Adam Sandler and he said something about her underwear representing a team he hated his whole life. Wooohooo!! I watched it against last night and this time I was able to start it. Very nice and funny.

The way they did the "Let's Go Yankees"chant except it was "Kiss her David" clap clap clap-clap-clap. I had to read some stuff about Adam Sandler and the things I like most about him as I read in imdb.com is that he was born and lives in Brooklyn, New York, and also he's a Major Yankee fan.

Nikki: I heard Tino might not be playing next year. Wanna tell me who Paul O'neill is because I watched this episode of Lizzie McGuire and her brother was desperate to have the Paul O'neill baseball card. I wish I collected baseball cards. They don't sell them here.

Jackie: Good news. I'm starting to like Haley James.

I feel really dumb right now but would anyone wanna tell me what a
postseason berth is? I'm quite nervous about the next Yankee game. Guys, let's keep our fingers and toes crossed. Take a deep breath, and get ourselves some nice popcorn. Goosfraba.. whatever that means.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:02 AM
Elite Fan

Yuki Paul O'neill was our great and wonderful right fielder until the 2001 season. He retired A postseason berth is a place in the PS series. It guarantees your entry to the PS and later determines who will you play.

Guys.... You GOTTA see this:

Don't you just love rookie hazing!! Proctor said he was happy all his parts were covered

Man... Matsui dressed as a pimp last year was the classic, though!
Old 09-24-2004, 06:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Katherine_Behr*~
Sam: I never got the "goosfraba" thing. Since you watched it, do you think you could post their lines up here for me. I was when Rocket said something about his arm startin' to cool off. And Derek was trying to calm him down or something. I only watched half of it since I watched it in HBO and I recognized they were playing against the Red Sox.
Clemens: This clown better hurry up. My arm's starting to ice over.
Jeter: Chill, Rocket. Goosfraba. Goosfraba.
Clemens: Yea, Goosfraba.

Remember, when you're feeling stressed, say that word to yourself and see what happens.

I bet I shall be saying it lots tonight during the Red Sox game (and other unrepeatable words too).

Good luck YANKEES!
Old 09-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

LETS GO YANKEES! clap clap clap clap clap

yuki! i knew ud like her! and to answer ur question over in the james thread, all last season she was a virgin and the thing was she wanted to wait until she got married but then in the season finale she was starting to let herself make out with him on a bed, no shirts on , the audience was left in the dark and thru their conversations we *assumed* they had decided they would have sex after the basketball game that nite, in fact they were talking about getting married! they announced it in the second to last scene of the season finale and evry1 was schocked! obviously they did have sex after they got married and in the season 2 premiere this tuesday they showed that what happened was they were making out heavily and out of the blue nathan asks haley to marry him, and it goes from there...

Closed Thread   Post New Thread