Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Passionate Fan

NY Yankees #12 - Murderers Row 2004

To the New York Yankees aka Bronx Bombers thread.

~Golden Rule~
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Don't Bash The Yankees [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

The New York Yankees ... your 2003 American League Champions!

Lots of changes in the Yankee Family. To keep yourself informed of everything that's happening always check with the Official Yankee Home

::Changes to the 2004 Yankees::
  • Lee Mazzilli our former first base coach has left the Bronx to coach the Baltimore Orioles.
  • Willie Randolph, our fomer third base coach is now our bench coach replacing Don Zimmer.
  • Rick Down was fired as hitting coach after Yankee hitters had a terrible WS with RISP.
  • Donnie Baseball is the Yankee's new batting coach
  • Andy, Boomer, Rocket, Weaver, Nicki and Juan are all gone...

[ 04-03-2004: Message edited General Jiang Wei ]
Old 04-03-2004, 05:06 PM
Passionate Fan

I didn't know a topic so some1 help me plz...*begs*

[ 04-03-2004: Message edited ~*Silly*~ ]
Old 04-04-2004, 12:39 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Blade. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Well, we have a new thread for the new season.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/18090.htm

Quote:
April 3, 2004 -- A-Rod may be the Yankees' new multimillion-dollar golden boy, but Derek Jeter is still captain of the female fan's heart.
By a 3-2 margin, women picked the Yankees' soft-eyed shortstop over third baseman Alex Rodriguez as the Bronx Bomber they would most like to have blast a home run over their fence, according to a new survey by a national dating service.

"He's a good-looking guy, and he has a cute personality," said Nancy Kirsch, of It's Just Lunch, the date company that found 59 percent of women call eligible bachelor Jeter their heartthrob, while 41 percent preferred the married A-Rod.

Jeter - the team's captain who was the biggest star before A-Rod's arrival - may have been helped a little because women questioned in the survey found shortstops to be the second-sexiest position on the field.

A-Rod had been the game's premier shortstop, but moved to third base in deference to Jeter when he came to New York from Texas this year.

The only position that women found sexier than shortstop was pitcher.

In fact, nearly half the women surveyed said that rubber-toeing mound masters could fire them up a fastball anytime.

Outfielders, for some reason, were the least sexy, with only 7 percent of women preferring them.

The survey also found that single women across America are singing a new tune, "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" - on a date.

More than two-thirds of U.S. females think a baseball game is a great place to go with a new beau.

What's more, around three-quarters of American females think a ballpark is a prime place to go to meet men.

"Something like a baseball game is casual, it's fun," said Kirsch.

"There's not a lot of pressure to talk if you don't want to talk. Though if you want to talk, there's a lot going on that can lend itself to a lot of easy casual conversation."

Another plus for going to a ballgame is that it gives men a chance to be chivalrous.

Some 84 percent of men who took the survey said they would hand over a home-run ball to a date if they caught one.
[ 04-03-2004: Message edited ROCKSTAR ]
Old 04-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey you guys [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] thanks for the title...
Old 04-04-2004, 11:45 PM
Elite Fan

Sure. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And hey, where's everybody???

Quote:
Sixty seconds with Yankees catcher Jorge Posada
By THE JOURNAL NEWS

You've signed a lot of autographs in your career. If you could get any autograph, whose would you choose?

"Roberto Clemente. Not only was he a great player, but he was such an important person to so many people. He was a great, great man, and if I could have any autograph, I'd want his. But what I'd really like to do is just sit down and talk with him. I'd like to talk to him about baseball, but I'd also like to talk to him about other things. About life. About the things that were important to him."

What about when people ask you for your autograph. It probably gets old, especially with all the yelling and screaming, but isn't it a kick when somebody asks?

"Sure it is. You can tell when somebody wants your autograph because it's you or if somebody is a collector. You can tell a collector. When a little kid asks for your autograph on a piece of paper, you know it's just for him and he's not going to sell it. I like signing those."

You've always shown an interest in baseball history. If you could go back in time and witness any event in baseball history, which one would it be?

"I don't know if I could choose just one. Roberto Clemente's 3,000th hit would be one. But the one that stands out would be Jackie Robinson's first game. That was so important and it changed everything about the game. If I had to choose just one, I think that would be it."

In talking about history, how about your Yankee teams? Where will they rank?

"I'm not sure, it might be too early to say because we're still going. This team has accomplished a lot and I think we deserve to be considered as one of the great Yankee teams, but I think we're capable of accomplishing a lot more. We have some great players, and because of Joe Torre, we have this attitude of confidence. There's no guarantee of anything, but I like our team and I think we're capable of some great things."
Old 04-04-2004, 11:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR:
<STRONG>Sure. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And hey, where's everybody???

</STRONG>
I really dunno... they'll come around..
Old 04-05-2004, 12:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Hi everyone [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] welcome to the new thread!

And hope you're all holding on to your Yankees caps for the 16-19th April, where our boys get to play the Red Sux! Should be entertaining!
I can ride you at a gallop till your legs buckle and your eyes roll up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you pop like warm champagne and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes it should [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] i'm excited...
Old 04-05-2004, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, Silly for the new thread! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nikki- thanks for all those articles! Jorge is so cute! I loved how he is so much eager to give a fan an autgraph instead of a collector! And how so many women think DJ is hotter that ARod! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Personally, if Andy was still on the team, I would say he is the hottest! I just love to see him trot to the mound, [img]smilies/thud.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2004, 12:08 PM
New Fan

Hey everybody! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm Reverie, a huge Yankee fan.

Really lookin' forward to this year's campaign! It'll be so sweet if (when?) the Yankees win it all in October. Goodness knows they have a lot of competition (not to mention pressure) to deal with. This year especially.

Moose is my most favorite, and I'm really sad that Andy Petitte is gone. Sigh.

Go Yankees!

-Reverie
Old 04-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by [reverie]:
<STRONG>Hey everybody! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Really lookin' forward to this year's campaign! It'll be so sweet if (when?) the Yankees win it all in October. Goodness knows they have a lot of competition (not to mention pressure) to deal with. This year especially.

Go Yankees!

-Reverie</STRONG>
I'm really hoping they will win to... [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]Hi guys!!

Im excited!! Im gonna see my baby tomorrow!! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]
I Bout the article of Jete and A-Rod its so damn true! Im glad Nikki posted that...
And Jorge..hes just too sweet...natural latino [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Reverie...welcome!!! [img]smilies/cheers.gif[/img]

*Good luck to the Yankees*!!!!
#2Jeter-I love u baby!
Old 04-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Lots of Jeter fans. I hear a lot about him from ppl i know in the real world. Heh. thats what made me a fan of the yankees
Old 04-06-2004, 02:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by [reverie]:
<STRONG>Hey everybody! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Go Yankees!

-Reverie</STRONG>
Welcome! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Moose is one of my fav. Yankees too. Not only is he an extremely talented pitcher, but he is gorgeous. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Great thread title! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Yankees Baseball is back today! It's a re-match of the Season Opener w/ Moose vs. Zambrano, except the Boys are in the states now, down in TB. Hopefully also, Moose is awesome and he and the Yanks pick up a win!

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!
Why don't you pretend we were just a dream?
Old 04-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Passionate Fan

LET'S GO YANKEES!!![/QB][/QUOTE]

Yeah GO YANKEES!!!!!!! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread