Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just wanted to inform everyone that Nole will take on Evgeny Korolev in his first round match at the French Open tomorrow. This is a favorable looking match for Nole, who defeated Korolev 6-2, 6-1 in their previous meeting at Indian Wells in 2007. If Nole is feeling better and can show the good form we`ve seen from him on clay in the last couple of years, then he shouldn`t have too much trouble in the match. I really hope that Nole will do well in it and can get off to a good start in Roland Garros.

Anyway here are some candid pics of Nole in Roland Garros.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nole made his return to the action earlier today at Roland Garros and he came out with a 6-1, 3-6, 6-1, 6-3 win over Evgeny Korolev. Good win for Nole. While i`m happy that he got the win, Nole`s performance was a bit disappointing, especially in the second set. Obviously there is still some work for Nole to do if he wants to make a deep run in RG. Still i`m happy that he got the win.

Anyway here are some pics from today`s match.

Good job Nole!
Old 05-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nole returned to action earlier today in Roland Garros for his second round match against Kei Nishikori and came out with a 6-1, 6-4, 6-4 win. While i`m happy that Nole got the win, his performance in today`s match wasn`t all that great. He struggled on some long rallies and too many unforced errors. Nole will need to improve his play if he wants to have a deep run in RG. He will be back in action tomorrow in his third round match where he will take on Victor Hanescu. Hopefully Nole can improve on his play in tomorrow`s match.

Maybe it`s just me, but i think that Nole should shave before tomorrow`s match. While i think that the goatee is a good look for him, he always plays better clean shaven.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

I've watched only the end of today's match, but i heard he has to play better to win next rounds.... I hope i'll be able to watch next games.
Thanks for all pics!
Old 05-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Another Nole fan here! Ajde Nole!

"Stop or I'll kick you in the testicles!"

DESCHANEL FAN
Old 05-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome to the thread Sarah. Glad that you decided to post there. Hopefully we`ll be seeing you showing your support for Nole here often.

BTW i can`t believe that i forgot to mention Nole getting into the restaurant business in the last year. Nole and his family has opened Novak Cafe and Restaurant in four locations in Serbia, including right near where the Serbia Open, the Djokovic family`s tournament, is held in Belgrade. I`m really happy for Nole and his family about the restaurants, which judging from the pics are very nice looking. Hopefully they will expand to other countries soon like in Australia, especially in Melbourne, where Nole won the Australian Open in 2008.

Anyway i really hope that Nole can show some improvement and deliver a better performance tomorrow against Victor Hanescu.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ooh I didn't know that Nole opened some restaurants. That's !

DESCHANEL FAN
Old 05-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nole returned to action earlier today at the French Open for his third round match against Victor Hansecu and came out with a 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 6-2 win. Good win for Nole. Once again he had another tough match, but he did a good job of stepping up his play in the last two sets, especially in the fourth set. Overall i`m pleased with Nole`s performance in today`s match, which is an improvement over his previous match. Next up for him in the Round of 16 will be Robby Ginepri. This is a favorable looking match for Nole. Hopefully he can give a pretty good performance in it.

There`s the tenacity we like to see from Nole.

Good job Nole. Glad that he shaved.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

He looks better when he shaves. I got to see the end of this match on tv.

DESCHANEL FAN
Old 05-31-2010, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nole took on Robby Ginepri earlier today at Roland Garros and came out with a 6-4, 2-6, 6-1, 6-2 win. Good win for Nole. He got some tough resistance from the surprising Robby, but did a good job of withstanding it and then turning up his play late in the match. Overall it was a good showing for Nole. He will take on Jurgen Melzer in the quarterfinals. I think that this could be a tougher test for Nole. I really hope that he will do well in it.

Here`s a little treat for the ladies.

Good job Nole.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

Keep it up Nole!

DESCHANEL FAN
Old 06-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well Nole`s quest for his first French Open title sadly came to an end as he was upset by Jurgen Melzer 6-3, 6-2, 2-6, 6-7(3), 4-6.

What a tough loss for Nole. He came out strong in the first two sets and got off to a 2-0 lead in the third set, but Melzer elevated his play in the rest of the third set to win it. I really felt that Nole would shake it off and come back strong in the fourth set. It was very close, but unfortunately Nole lost it in a tiebreaker. I was really dreading the match going into a fifth set. However Nole really hung tough in it and had some break chances, but unfortunately couldn`t cash in on any of them. Plus he got a terrible call by the chair umpire late in the match.

That ball was clearly in, but instead the clueless umpire called it out and it became 15-15 instead of 0-30.

I couldn`t believe that the damn umpire blew that call when the ball was clearly in.

I really don`t know what else is there to say other than this is a very disappointing end for Nole in Roland Garros. I know that everyone will be talking about the blown call late in the match, but it shouldn`t had came down to it. Nole had a great lead and instead he blew it.

I really hope that he can come back strong on the grass courts, starting at Queen`s Club.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

*sigh* can't have my dream final now.

DESCHANEL FAN
Old 06-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I`m so sorry about that Sarah. Hopefully Nole and Tomas will meet up soon.

I really can`t stop thinking about today`s match. Nole had such a good lead and to see him blow it like that is such a tough pill to swallow. Like i`ve said earlier, i really hope that he will bounce back at the Queen`s Club next week.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

I really only got to see the last set of the match. Eurosport were showing Nadal-Almagro (which I really didn't give a rats about).

I don't want Tomas and Nole to play each other unless it's a Slam final.

DESCHANEL FAN
Closed Thread   Post New Thread