Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 12:56 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Well, there should still be QB's to pick up in your league I'd guess. I drafted Cam Newton & Andy Dalton this year & after Cam's injury I picked up Marcus Mariotta & Daniel Jones & that didn't work out, but did get fortunate with picking up Jacoby Brisett recently & he's playing great today. If he's available he's worth a look in your league. Also Kyle Allen of the Panthers has played well in his starts this year & maybe he's available also.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Fair enough
Old 10-21-2019, 08:52 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
^ Who will you play him in his place?

I have Jacoby Brissett too.

Thank goodness.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:26 PM

Well, my team is going to lose this week because of other things, like the Chiefs defence on Thursday playing so well, plus going up against Jared Goff & Dalvin Cook yesterday didn't go well. If I'd have started Marcus Peters, since we start 2 IDP's in my league I'd have probably won, but that's that.

Chargers in disbelief over loss to Titans: 'On the field, we won it twice'

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Los Angeles Chargers players were still in disbelief after losing a game in which officials signaled touchdown on the field twice for go-ahead scores in the final minute Sunday, only to have both calls overturned in a 23-20 loss to the Tennessee Titans.

It was the Chargers' third straight loss.

"I'm going to tell y'all, I've never been in a ballgame like that before," coach Anthony Lynn said. "When you go from feeling like your guys fought their ass off, which they did, and won the ballgame, and then lose it the way we lost it."

Added tight end Hunter Henry: "On the field, we won it twice. We scored twice with 20 seconds left in the game and they called touchdown on the field. I looked at the sideline a few times like, 'That's the game.' To have that happen toward the end is one of the craziest games I've ever been in."
Editor's Picks

The Chargers initially thought they won the game with 39 seconds left when Philip Rivers connected with Austin Ekeler on an angle route for a 16-yard score. However, the call on the field was reversed when an official replay review ruled Ekeler's arm holding the football had not crossed the goal line.

On first-and-goal from the 1, Melvin Gordon broke the plane and appeared to score, but left guard Dan Feeney was called for a false start, moving the ball back to the 6-yard line.

On the next play, Tennessee cornerback Malcolm Butler was called for pass interference on a fade route to Mike Williams, moving the ball back to first-and-goal from a yard out.

Running out of the shotgun, the Chargers gave it to Gordon again for a touchdown called on the field. However, official replay again overturned the call on the field.

On second-and-goal, Gordon once again got the nod, but lost the ball before he reached the goal line and Tennessee defensive tackle Jurrell Casey recovered to seal the game for the Titans.

"At the end we needed one yard to win this game, and we didn't get it," Lynn said. "You don't get one yard, then you don't deserve to win this damn game. That's just the way it is. We needed one yard to win this game, and we let it slip out of our hands."

The Chargers (2-5) have now turned the ball over five times in goal-to-go situations this season, including Gordon's game-ending fumble, according to ESPN Stats & Information. That's already tied for the most goal-to-go turnovers by a team in the past 15 seasons. Despite his team's struggles, Joey Bosa, who finished with two sacks on the day, said he plans to keep grinding.

"I'm going to come in and work my ass off for the rest of the season," Bosa said. "I can't control anybody else. I know we have a lot of guys that want to win, and we'll see who's with me on Monday. You can find out who wants it pretty quick after a game like that."

I didn't see this game, but I think from a replay that I've seen that Gordon he did cross the goal line with the ball, but it was close.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ield-won-twice
Old 10-21-2019, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jets QB was so Shellshocked during Monday’s game , he was micd up ..
he is seeing ghosts ..
Old 10-22-2019, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow
Old 10-22-2019, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very rough game for Sam Darnold. That defense had him very confused.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Old 10-22-2019, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New England Patriots added another weapon in a trade this morning
Old 10-22-2019, 12:11 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Whomever thought it was a good idea to mic up Jets 22 yr old QB , Who went up against the best defense in football today, should be fired . Normally it is ESPN who makes the decision , yet in the end the team General manager /head coach should have final say.

New England Patriots defense is being compared to the 1985 Bears 2000 Ravens and 2002 Tampa Buccaneers. All those teams had The best fiercest offThe best fiercest defense for that season . Patriots defense is giving up an average of 6.9 pts per game . 18 interceptions.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:35 PM

Whoever also thought that it was a good idea to put the Jets on prime time T.V. vs. New England also if not fired should perhaps have their job security in question. Oh I joke. I didn't watch yesterday's game, but that's something else how well Sam Darnold played 9 days ago compared to yesterday. I know the Patriots ''D'' is very good, but geez. This is like 1985 Bears & 2000 Rams good.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:09 PM
Addicted Fan

just remember what it was like for a redskins fan waiting for them to score for their game against the 49ers on the weekend

Pointless
Old 10-23-2019, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I felt bad for Sam Darnold, it was obvious early on he was overwhelmed and having him micd up during the game made things worse.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Old 10-23-2019, 09:48 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONDEMNED666 (View Post)
just remember what it was like for a redskins fan waiting for them to score for their game against the 49ers on the weekend

Pointless
I loved it.

(especially as a Niners fan)
Old 10-23-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Cyatt (View Post)
I felt bad for Sam Darnold, it was obvious early on he was overwhelmed and having him micd up during the game made things worse.
I guess, though by the 2nd quarter I think the outcome was not in doubt I'd guess as to which team would win.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread