Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

I feel cautiously optimistic about the game tomorrow. I feel like the winner of Saints-49ers will be the NFC representative in the Super Bowl.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Could be i cant say the same of AFC Ravens are the best team healthy and best team going in . If Ravens somehow lose Patriots win then after Sunday I would pick Patriots to go to Superbowl . If it is Ravens Patriots AFC Championship ,to me it will a toss up .

This interesting stat i saw on my twitter form Patriots

For 1st time in @NFL history Divisional Rnd features 4 Super Bowl MVP QBs: Brady (XXXVI, XXXVIII) Brees (XLIV) Manning (XLII) Rodgers (XLV) Add in Saints Patriots Ravens and Packers, all have won Superbowls in the past 10 yrs .

4 MVP playing today and tomorrow and 3 Superbowl MVP QB playing ,one Brady has 2 MVP. Dion Branch won the MVP for the 3nd Superbowl title over Eagles
Old 01-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

So excited for the games today!
Old 01-14-2012, 02:50 PM
I am a basketball genius!

That hit that Donte Whitner just had on Pierre Thomas seemed helmet to helmet. Do you agree?
Old 01-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow ! I get up from a nap to see San Francisco score a third time off Turnover 17-0
Saints think they are the Patriots? Giving up 17-21 Pts before scoring ?
Old 01-14-2012, 04:28 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Thankfully the Saints are only behind by 3 points.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

San Fran offense can't move the ball , but there defense is saving the lead and game . They should have at least 2 more scores!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Whoa! Alex Smith running it in Tebow-style!
Old 01-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats to the Niners!
Old 01-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

It definitely was helmet to helmet but it wasn't called because Pierre Thomas was not considered a defendless receiver.

Good game, but you can't turn it over 5 times and expect to win.

I am so glad that Gregg Williams is in the last year of his contract. Now the Saints can get a good defensive coordinator.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That had to be one of the wildest finishes in playoff game in a long time.
If either one was my team I would have been going crazy
Niki I hope you are having celebration drinks !!!

Last edited by Logan; 01-14-2012 at 07:38 PM
Old 01-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Sucked seeing the saints lose that way, I really hope Gregg Williams is leaving...

Congrats 49ers and to their fans.

Brady ain't playing with denver 6 passing td already!
Old 01-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well, the Broncos certainly got their collective asses handed to them. I'm a little disappointed Brady and/or Belichick didn't try to set the record for most td pass in a game with 8. They could have done it pretty easily.

Looking more and more like it's going to be the #1 & #2 seeds in each conference in the conference championship games.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

If the Steelers had the same sort of gameplan defensively that the Patriots did tonight, even with their injuries, they'd have won last week and probably won pretty solidly.

Tonight's game probably would at least have been slightly competitive, in that case too, unlike what actually happened.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nuff Said !!!!!! Bring on Ravens or Texans ! 45-10 I knew i called it . I said about last weeks game ,a healthy Pittsburgh would beaten them as easy. Denver, Tebow needs work and offense can run but without a QB who can be consistent they were not going anywhere .

Like Bear doggxx with his Saints , I am a superfan watch and know my team and understand how they run the team . I Saw local shows on friday with Pts coach and in 4 min segment he showed how easily he was picking up on every little move and play Denver did the week before .

Add in patriots played them late in the season so two good films to watch and study.

Patriots camer into the game with last playoff win in AFC title game 2007 Vrs the Chargers . So from there it was Superbowl loss to Giants and two home game playoff losses last 2 years . The year tom Brady got hurt 2009, they didn't make the playoffs .

there was a lot of motivation and pressure to win and win big .

Next week if it is Ravens i expect a game like we saw with the Saints and 49'rs tight close . If it is Texans It could be another patriots walkover .

NFC, if 49'rs are to beat Giants or Packers they need to finish the game , they had that 6 pt lead for so long , There defense was great ,pass coverage almost perfect . offense stalled 4 times had the ball moved it a few no scoring . seemed wasn't till late in 4th they came alive . Took NO TD to go ahead that seemed to light a fire under them.

for them to go to to the Superbowl have to play a complete game . They have the tools to do so. There play in the final 2 min was no quit, no tie, we want to win . I give the Saints credit they played hard and almost came out of 5 turnover game with a win . I can only remember those games where it is so close that comes down to last play in the red zone . BearDoggXX I assume you may have lost you're voice or tossed a few items in the loss .

Last edited by Logan; 01-15-2012 at 12:09 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread