Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

out of remaining teams only one has never been to a Superbowl and everyone of the teams except the Texans ,have won at least one Superbowl .

Patriots ,Packers, Giants, Broncos only teams to have at least more then one Superbowl win .

Ravens and Saints hold the record for only two teams to win there first and only Superbowl

Packers have 4 Superbowl wins Patriots Giants each with 3 Broncos with 2
Old 01-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

The NCAA OT rule is the most hideous thing known to man.

I've been agitating for this kind of OT rule for years and years... I think it would be better if there weren't a TD exception, though. (But I understand the argument that if you can't keep a team out of the end zone, you deserve to lose.) If there wasn't an exception, though, there'd be lots of interesting strategic decisions possible. Imagine if the Steelers would have had one shot after the Broncos touchdown...Denver would have had to decide whether to go for 1 or 2 points...and then what if the other team marches down the field and scores their own TD? Do they go for 2 and the win, or 1 and take their chances giving the ball back in sudden death? That would be interesting to watch.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

The Oakland Raiders have fired head coach Hue Jackson.

*Nails pelt to wall*
Old 01-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Elite Fan

I Have a Feel that the Broncos could make it to the Super Bowl And Not Just saying that Because I'm From Denver and A Huge Fan of the Broncos I Have Faith in My Team,
Old 01-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

DeSean Jackson, is a punk. And a moron. Exhibit A: DeSean Jackson Was Posing For Photos In A Strip Club At 6 A.M.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Looking forward to Weekend . Plans are Sports bar for Safurday Nights AFC division game Patriots broncos . Hey a battered Steelers team came close to winning . Patriots are 95% healthy . Having lost last 3 playoff games they are highly motivated to pound Denver!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Steelers lost because they were way too focused on stopping the run. The Pats D may be ranked 32nd in yards allowed, but they're middle of the pack in points allowed. Bellichick doesn't allow for big passing plays against his defense.

Having played Denver less than a month ago Tom will have plenty of tape to go over how to improve the offense and having McDaniels insight can only help. All that said I expect a good hard fought game.

Pats 38
Broncos 27
Old 01-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Come on we both have watched every Patriots game this season . Main problem was giving up long passes. Offence bailed out the team many times. Yes we can say the same of Packers. Giving up a ton of yards on defense .

But Packers had 1 loss Patriots 3 . Score Patriots 42- Denver 21.
Green Bay & Giants close game I can see Giants pulling off the win in a high scoring game . Eli makes no errors he can do damage . As can Rogers .

49'rs Saints , have not seen enough of 49'rs to know how they match up vrs Saints.

I see Ravens winning buy 10
Old 01-12-2012, 04:56 AM
Elite Fan

I'd be shocked if the Giants didn't come out and try to establish the run, actually. It'll backfire badly on them, but pretty much each time they've had even a smidgen of success running the ball this year, the next week, they got delusional and tried to force it. I don't see why they'd break trend now.

If the game was in NO, I wouldn't give the 49ers a chance, but outside, on a watered down field, I'll take SF's defense and their run offense doing just enough to slip by Brees & Co.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:26 AM
Elite Fan

Well the Pats only gave up 9 passes of 40 yards or more this season, which puts them in the middle of the pack in that category. Saints gave up the most with 14 & ironically the Steelers had only give up 2 prior to last week.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was looking for a job with the Patriots today :lol;

New England Sports Network has come up with funny Tebow pics
Justin Bieber Album, Jersey Shore Fist Pumping Getting Tim Tebow Fired Up - Photo 1 of 12 - NESN.com

Tim Tebow would be fired up after scoring a Mortal Kombat-style fatality at Ben Roethlisberger’s expense. (Photo/NESN.com)

This looks like a big mismatch. The devil has no chance. (Photo/Fran Harrington)

funnier one

Maybe he was really fired up to get the latest Justin Bieber record. They still make records, right? (Photo/Joe Dittrich)

Pope Timothy? That might not be too far-fetched. (Photo/Michael Pandolfo)

The Two NFC games, even though I picked Favorites , I am having 2nd thoughts . Giants playing like they are could take down Green bay in a shootout . Might be a case of who gets the ball last .

San francisco Vrs Saints another tough game . 49'rs have had a great season and stats show Saints are 0-4 in playoffs on the road , Except the Superbowl Well i don't remember who was the home or way team in that superbowl

Last edited by Logan; 01-13-2012 at 04:48 PM
Old 01-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Saints were the designated road team for Super Bowl 44.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So BearDogg both of us are huge fans of our teams . What is the feeling as far as NO fans on the game . A lot of experts looking at San Fran to win.
I think NO/49'rs will be close .

Where as patriots are almost unanimous choice to win .
Old 01-13-2012, 08:09 PM
MST Manager

I don't even know how I am going to watch the game on Saturday. I am so anxious and of course, I want my team to win. But even if we do lose, nobody can take away anything from our season that just surpassed my expectations beyond belief. And, I want Jim Harbaugh to win Coach of the Year. It is completely well-deserved.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Niki I agree San Fran coach had done a great job . They have there fans with them . You should watch the game . Hey I am nervous , Patriots list last 3 playoff games. Which includes Superbowl. Two home playoff games losses .

So nobody is 100% . I feel if Texans beat Ravens would be a bigger upset then Denver over Steelers.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread