Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2017, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

Go Patriots! I'm so glad I was at a Superbowl party because I was forced to stick it out. If I was home, I would've turned the game off in disgust and missed everything.

The well deserved boos at Goodell were sweet but Kraft's speech was icing on the cake. In some ways it did feel like it wasn't just about being the winning team of this season but fighting for their legacy.

I have to hand it to Atlanta though. There were things they could've done differently but I don't think they did anything glaringly wrong that cost them the game. The Patriots still needed a lot of improbable things to go their way. It's the nature of the game sometimes.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I stayed home to watch the game with just my mom. We pretty much did the exact same thing we did during SB 49.

Goodell getting booed was awesome. I can only imagine how he'll get booed if he shows up opening night. I loved Kraft's speech too. He said everything we felt.

Got to feel for the Falcons losing like that sucks. They played well and I hope they can bounce back from this.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Old 02-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah Goodell getting booed would have great to see lol.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:45 AM
Master Fan

I think if the Falcons play like they did this season they will be back in the mix along with the usual suspects in the NFC - Seahawks, Packers, etc.. but I'd keep an eye out on the division rivals too especially the Bucs I think Winston its only a matter of time he elevates to the playoffs and you can't count Brees or Newton leading their teams back into the post season either.

I think this whole Deflategate thing will be over when Goodell goes to Foxboro on opening day closing the book on it forever even if he gets booed out of the stadium.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well the season is over as far as games . Now the coaches / staffs of the last 2 teams prepare for combine. free agency draft.
Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan is the new head coach of San Francisco 49ers . He will have full control over the 53 man roster . New GM will run business side of 49'rs .

Also players are retiring or wanting to test free agency , could be some interesting names out there looking for a nice payday
Old 02-08-2017, 03:52 PM
MST Manager

I miss football already, and it's only been three days.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Atlanta has relived defensive coordinator Richard Smith and defensive line coach too . Falcons overhaul defensive coaching staff after Super Bowl collapse, report says | NFL | Sporting News
Old 02-08-2017, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Malcolm Butler, Martellus Bennett, Dont'a Hightower and LaGarette Blount are all free agents for the Patriots.

I hope they are all able to stay with the team but I expect one of them to be gone.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
I miss football already, and it's only been three days.
Same here.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was at work during the game, good cause that game would have cause me high blood pressure. I watched the replay when I got home. My Patriots won
Old 02-09-2017, 03:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgaryfan2006 (View Post)
I was at work during the game, good cause that game would have cause me high blood pressure. I watched the replay when I got home. My Patriots won
I was at work, and watching. It was awesome!
Old 02-09-2017, 08:59 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
Atlanta has relived defensive coordinator Richard Smith and defensive line coach too . Falcons overhaul defensive coaching staff after Super Bowl collapse, report says | NFL | Sporting News
Thanks for the link.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Same here.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:02 PM
MST Manager

I want to fly to San Francisco and kiss Kyle Shanahan's feet.

I am not expecting miracles (not this upcoming season anyway) but this is a step in the right direction. I am so glad he is there. John Lynch too.

John Lynch's Daughter Cried When Learning He Got Hired By 49ers

I cried too, Leah.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay haha
Closed Thread   Post New Thread