Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 07:38 PM
MST Manager

New York Yankees #23: Them Pinstripes!

WELCOME to the New York Yankees aka Bronx Bombers thread.

~Golden Rule~

Don't Bash The Yankees

To keep yourself informed of everything that's happening always check with the Official Yankee Home.

Story of the thread

This thread dates back to the 2001 World Series. Before we lost to the Arizona Diamondback -we watched the Playoffs, DJ's awesome plays included - Yankee fans gathered in the old Request thread to request a Yankee board (how pretentious, huh?) Of course, we didn't have enough votes to get one so we decided to start our own thread here in the Sports Board.

->26 World Championships... We'll try to do better next century. The thing is though, we love them nonetheless..

::Some of our past thread titles::

-We're in heaven, Yanks are going to for 27
-Our blood runs blue
-On odd days, Derek Jeter volunteers with the Mets (from one of D. Letterman's Top 10)
-Thaaaaaaaa Yankees Win!
-Comeback soon, its not the same without you (When Jeter's shoulder got injured)
-Time to go fishing...
-Once A Yakee, Always A Yankee
-The Spirits Are On Their Way
-Murderers Row 2004
-ARod for President!
-Have faith in the Yankees, my son. - Ernest Hemingway
-Steinbrenner for President
-What Choke? Just get The Boss to spend some money on this team for once!
-In Mo We Trust
-Start spreadin’ the news...

Last edited by -Bianca-; 04-17-2006 at 05:35 PM
Old 04-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

I forgot that we were already past the #20 thread! I guess we were on like, #23. Maybe we should start there again.

The last thread we have record of, is this one: http://www.fanforum.com/showthread.php?t=47304&page=21 and it's already #18.

Bianca you angel!!!!

Last edited by ROCKSTAR; 04-17-2006 at 05:14 PM
Old 04-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

I'll edit what we've got in. Let me know what you guys want for the title. Edit: YW.

Giambi won AL player of the week last week.

And my undoubtedly season long beg-fest of Joe Torre to please refrain from putting Bernie Williams in the OF 2 times a week starts here: Stop it, Joe! PLEASE. Play Bubba if Damon/Matsui/Sheff need a day to rest by DHing and let Bernie sit. It's not like his Woe-mackian OPS of .589 demands that his bat be in the line-up every frelling day, certainly not at the cost of his "defense".
Old 04-17-2006, 07:57 PM
MST Manager

Well, I see that Bianca has taken care of the title and edited it in the banners, so you should be all set here.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

Can I just say I love how my Jeet is in like 2 seperate commercials these days

Other than that I havent really been keeping up too much I must say...I know we've been losing lately tho....hope they pick that up

Old 04-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Extreme Fan

we lost so not cool / i'm worried
Old 04-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

I know!

We not only lost.... IT WAS HORRIBLE! Tejada was SOOO out! And please, Arod get a hit! I love you but man! Let your incredible talent flow.

Bianca your avatar is amazing. A year ago, who would've thougt! I really like it!
Old 04-22-2006, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

Save for his bad AB yesterday in the ninth, I can't believe how much I really just like him so far. The running into walls, the taking the extra base on the base paths, the running out everything hard... he's very much like the guy next to him in my avatar (although not quite as good a hitter).

And I never blame the umpires for losses, but seriously, yesterday? Just a flat out embarrassing, one-sided mess. There better some evening off today and tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:39 PM
Extreme Fan

they won they won
Old 04-23-2006, 11:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJamesIsMine
Can I just say I love how my Jeet is in like 2 seperate commercials these days

Other than that I havent really been keeping up too much I must say...I know we've been losing lately tho....hope they pick that up
Jeter's in more like 5 ..lol but its okay im loving it =P
Old 04-24-2006, 07:10 AM
Elite Fan

The best part of Derek's bajillion commercials is how often they seem to run on SNY. Every commercial break in a Mets game I was forced to watch last week featured him at least once.

It was fantastic point and laugh material.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

They run on the channels Im watching all the time and I just perk up and pay attention to commercials for once

Old 04-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

I just don't like that one shot of him in the yellow Mustang in a couple versions of the Ford ones. His head looks unnaturally huge. Ben Affleck-size, almost.

Bubba's starting in CF tonight. Damon (who was on Martha Stewart today) is DHing.

Edit: 14 BB. FOURTEEN. And only two runs. Then swing-late-and-break-your-bat-hell did Rivera in. Oy.

And I've given Alex a lot of rope these past two years (more than recognizing his non-clutchness and being a flake, but still believing he'd break out one day because he is the most talented player in MLB), but it's way past put up or shut up time now. I've never, ever, seen a guy put up the sick stats he does and have most of them ultimately be so meaningless and unmemorable. He's lucky the stadium is only back to booing him when he fails occasionally at this point...

Last edited by -Bianca-; 04-26-2006 at 09:01 PM
Old 04-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Some dap from Bill Simmons (big Sox fan/columist)
His "Reasons to be Addicted to Sports List" increased a few notches and one was Mariano

Quote:
Reason No. 879: Mariano Rivera

He's one of those guys that we never think about enough, and only because he's always there and he's always great; he's like Howard Stern or "South Park" in that way, where the consistency becomes remarkably unremarkable after awhile. In his 10th year closing and his 12th relieving, he's just as good right now as he was at any other point in his career. If 100 baseball experts started an all-time team where they could take the best 10 seasons of any player, other than Babe Ruth, Rivera would be the only mortal lock on everyone's ballots. He's been that good.

Two Saturdays ago, I watched him jog in from the bullpen to save a game against Minnesota. Luis Castillo kicked off the ninth by bouncing a pitch off home plate for a cheap infield hit. Mauer then lined a hit to left, with Castillo running on the play. For some reason, Matsui tried to throw out Castillo, allowing Mauer to move up. So, second and third, no outs. And with anyone else, you're thinking, "All right, worst-case scenario, the Twins tie it here."

Not with Rivera. Rondell White comes up with an .095 average ... three strikes later, he's done. Torii Hunter follows, tries to fight off the strikeout, fouls off a couple of pitches, and he's fighting, only you can't fight Rivera for that long ... he strikes out. Unbelievable. So Justin Morneau comes up, and just when we're thinking, "My God, I forgot how freaking great Rivera is," Morneau drops a broken-bat single between first and second for the winning runs, followed by a celebration that rivaled anything that would have happened in the playoffs. Even the announcers were flipping out. All this was missing was Cosell screaming, "Down goes Rivera! DOWN GOES RIVERA!"

Here's how you know someone is truly great: When you're shocked by their failure, that's when you know. And watching Rivera leave the mound as a loser is always shocking. Even in the year 2006.

Pretty amazing, when you think about it.
R.I.P. #21 Sean Taylor
Old 04-29-2006, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

thanks for posting that general its like that guy was inside my head because I watched that game and went through the exact same emotions of like "oh crap this is bad" Mariano strikes 2 out "oh yeah its Mariano we can still hope" and then we lose "look at them celebrating cuz they came back against mariano" LOL I thought the same way that article is written, and funnily enough I think its the only end of a game Ive really watched this year

Closed Thread   Post New Thread