Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

New York Yankees #18 - Cause It Ain't Over Until It's Over, Punk!

WELCOME to the New York Yankees aka Bronx Bombers thread.

~Golden Rule~
Don't Bash The Yankees

To keep yourself informed of everything that's happening always check with the Official Yankee Home.

Story of the thread

This thread dates back to the 2001 World Series. Before we lost to the Arizona Diamondback -we watched the Playoffs, DJ's awesome plays included - Yankee fans gathered in the old Request thread to request a Yankee board (how pretentious, huh?) Of course, we didn't have enough votes to get one so we decided to start our own thread here in the Sports Board.

->26 World Championships... We'll try to do better next century. The thing is though, we love them nonetheless..

::Some of our past thread titles::

-We're in heaven, Yanks are going to for 27
-Our blood runs blue
-On odd days, Derek Jeter volunteers with the Mets (from one of D. Letterman's Top 10)
-Thaaaaaaaa Yankees Win!
-Comeback soon, its not the same without you (When Jeter's shoulder got injured)
-Time to go fishing...
-Once A Yakee, Always A Yankee
-The Spirits Are On Their Way
-Murderers Row 2004
-ARod for President!
-Have faith in the Yankees, my son. - Ernest Hemingway
-Steinbrenner for President
-What Choke? Just get The Boss to spend some money on this team for once!
-In Mo We Trust
-Start spreadin’ the news...

-YANKEE ICONS-

You can see the rest here ->YANKEE AVATAR GALLERY Feel free to use any of the avatars and submit your own!

Let's Go Yanks!!!
Old 07-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Excellent start with the thread, Nikki. New thread, new start. Hear that Yanks????

Seriously, what is Joe's deal with taking out starting pitchers? Moose could've at least pitched to a couple more batters.

And again our RISP goes down. Grrrrr....
Old 07-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you!

Alex on second with one out! We need a run bad.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Love the new thread

I was about to RANT for Joe not pitch hitting Ruben Sierra and letting Womack hit BUT Tony actually got a hit so I wont rant

BUT had he not hit, Joe wouldNT put Mariano in in the bottom of the ninth which is a reason for ranting but since we now have the lead Mariano's in. Oh Joe, you scare me! But wait, things just changed,

BERNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so glad he got a good night! Cuz when he knew that he was in the lineup today he pumped his fist, clearly he wanted to play today and he did!! Boy did he ever!!!

Old 07-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirenSong
Seriously, what is Joe's deal with taking out starting pitchers? Moose could've at least pitched to a couple more batters.
WORD.

Thank God, even tho we're up by 4 Joe put in Mariano, THANK YOU. Was that so hard?

Old 07-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

BERN BABY BERN!!! That was awesome.

I love when that man does well. I love it! Wo was awesome also. I hope everyone gave him props for the clutch hit!
Old 07-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

Look ma' we got one!

Yeah wadya know Tony can hit? I too LOVE when Bernie has a geat night, he had many clutch hits for us today, I wuv you Bern and props to Tino for his play there at the end and to ARod for hustling for second allowing us to score! And of course Moose too for pitching a pretty good game and to Gordon for pitching well! So many things to be grateful for

ETA

5 RBIs for Bern and he passed Don Mattingly with hits so he's in 5th place overall I think The guy is up there with names like (Mattingly) JoeD LouG and 2 other big Yankee great's.....and he is up there with them

Old 07-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Extreme Fan

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

We SO needed that. Of course, the Bosux and O's won today, too, but it was a win so I'll take it. And yay for Bernie. I think that redeems him for his defense lately. He totally won that game for us.

And I can't believe this, but I'm so cheering for Womack. We needed that hit and he delivered.

And yay for them playing Bubba.

I'm bubbling guys.

ETA: Unfamous, thanks. Does the link in my siggy actually work?
Old 07-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

*bubble*

Ok so Im watching the post game show

Womack-says he never loses his confidence, that he's always confident, well thats good I guess if you say so tony ARod called him T Wo

Moose- took FOREVER to talk! Maybe he was just tired? I hope he's still not sick. Turns out he got sick cuz his kids had that virus and while taking care of them he got sick. Everybody together now, AWWWWWW. Im a sucker for a cute daddy

And yeah Os and BoSux won too but dude I was cracking up cuz Wells got pissed over a called ball that he thought was a strike (it was VERY close but I think it was a little low and agree with the ump and the next pitch was a hit that scored a run I think so Wells let the ump know he was pissed and he got thrown out of the game, and then there was like 2 umps around him as well as some players and Wells you know did that little push that they all do when theyre pissed and Bob (the reporter for YES) was liek "was that a shove?" it just cracked me up cuz guys are getting suspended for "shoving" and then he was like "but who did he shove?"

oh and then Terry got thrown out the next inning for arguing a call, You know Im nervous about him coaching the all-star game, the AL better win!

Old 07-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJamesIsMine
*bubble*

Cracker-Jacks, you wouldn't be mocking me now would you?

Quote:
ARod called him T Wo
I know. I had to laugh at that. Still not sure whether I like the guy or not, but he's on my good side for the night.

Quote:
Moose- took FOREVER to talk! Maybe he was just tired? I hope he's still not sick. Turns out he got sick cuz his kids had that virus and while taking care of them he got sick. Everybody together now, AWWWWWW. Im a sucker for a cute daddy
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Okay, well I'm off to go read. But it was definitely a very good night. Night my fellow Yankee-ers.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirenSong
Cracker-Jacks, you wouldn't be mocking me now would you?
Of course not sweetie LOL jk jk no i wasnt making fun of you I was agreeing, Im bubbling too, see *bubble*

Quote:
I know. I had to laugh at that. Still not sure whether I like the guy or not, but he's on my good side for the night.
I laughed too, I guess he's used to the whole first letter of first name with beginning of last name ie ARod, T Wo, G Sheff, R Can, M Moo LOL anywyas it was funny and yeah just for tonight T Wo is on my good side he's gonna have to keep it up to stay there

Quote:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Okay, well I'm off to go read. But it was definitely a very good night. Night my fellow Yankee-ers.
nite sweetie

Old 07-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moose always takes forever to talk but with him being sick and all it's probably worse! And awwww about the dad.

Arod said "T Wo" or "T Woe" Nahhh, just kidding. Womack came through, gotta respect that and hope that this is not the last of those clutch hits!

Bernie... What else can be said about this guy? He's beyond awesome. God bless him!

Tito and Boomer both getting ejected is hilarious because the Sox won. I didn't see what Tito did to get ejected I know that his team was winning 6-4 when it happened. Kid has a temper. And Boomer was talking way too much ****** so he was looking to get thrown out anyway.

And to answer someones question on the last thread, I doubt that Lickable is married. He dated Alyssa Milano and everyone thought it was pretty serious until she dumped for Barry Zito... I doubt he met someone and got married in a year or so.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

that was a good win for us go yanks!

Old 07-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

Tiger Wang is the ace of our staff so far this year.

And I'm totally not kidding either.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfamous Loser
Tiger Wang is the ace of our staff so far this year.

And I'm totally not kidding either.
Word. And I'm not kidding either. He's the only pitcher that I really even remotely trust anymore, although I love Moose, too.

And, after about a half an hour of google searching with no results I finally found this

If you scroll down a ways, to one of the last paragraphs, it says something about Pavano and his fiancee. I also asked my parents and they said that they remember a couple days ago seeing some sports thing with a mrs. pavano, so apparently he is married. That's really weird about him and Alyssa Milano. She dumped him. Honestly, what was she thinking???

Anyway, today was sweet. First win with scoring three runs or less. And it was totally carried by the rookies. Maybe this will teach the big guys to start looking at players with the potential to be great and not just players who have proven that they're great, but now with age are getting past their prime.