Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan

New York Yankees #17 - "It's up to you... New York, New York"

WELCOME to the New York Yankees aka Bronx Bombers thread.

~Golden Rule~
Don't Bash The Yankees

To keep yourself informed of everything that's happening always check with the Official Yankee Home.

Story of the thread

This thread dates back to the 2001 World Series. Before we lost to the Arizona Diamondback -we watched the Playoffs, DJ's awesome plays included - Yankee fans gathered in the old Request thread to request a Yankee board (how pretentious, huh?) Of course, we didn't have enough votes to get one so we decided to start our own thread here in the Sports Board.

->26 World Championships... We'll try to do better next century. The thing is though, we love them nonetheless..

::Some of our past thread titles::

-We're in heaven, Yanks are going to for 27
-Our blood runs blue
-On odd days, Derek Jeter volunteers with the Mets (from one of D. Letterman's Top 10)
-Thaaaaaaaa Yankees Win!
-Comeback soon, its not the same without you (When Jeter's shoulder got injured)
-Time to go fishing...
-Once A Yakee, Always A Yankee
-The Spirits Are On Their Way
-Murderers Row 2004
-ARod for President!
-Have faith in the Yankees, my son. - Ernest Hemingway
-Steinbrenner for President
-What Choke? Just get The Boss to spend some money on this team for once!
-In Mo We Trust

-YANKEE ICONS-

You can see the rest here ->YANKEE AVATAR GALLERY Feel free to use any of the avatars and submit your own!

Let's Go Yanks!!!

Last edited by ROCKSTAR; 06-08-2005 at 02:54 PM
Old 06-08-2005, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

The losing's starting be comical.

They get blown out, but they still lose the close ones. They scores runs when the pitching sucks, they don't score runs when the pitching doesn't.

Throw in Derek looking like he envies someone who looks like death warmed over and Yankee baseball is just a good time.

Last edited by Unfamous Loser; 06-08-2005 at 06:57 AM
Old 06-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, Jeter definitely does not look good. He's probably still battling that cold. I'm just starting to get over a deep chest cold, too. I honestly don't know how he can even play.

Nikki, great start with the thread. But I'm a little confused about the title. I do like it, though.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Unfamous - it really has. As for Derek, he should stay at the hotel and rest. His eyes are really puffy.

Chrissy - Thanks. The title is a reference to "New York, New York". Maybe if we put the opening line in the title the will start winning again.

Hell, maybe we should put the whole song!

BTW, I added a link to Yankee avatars on the first page. There were too many to add individually.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Nikki, I love those avies! I can't access the other ones, though. It says I need your password. I snagged a couple from the opening post though. Jeter/Tino and Mo/Torre. I'll be using them soon. I have sooo many avies that I have saved up to use, but I have trouble changing because I always love the one I'm currently using.

Let's go Yanks!

Oh, wait... some serious support to get this team going...

I'm leaving today
I want to be a part of it
In old New York
If I can make it there
I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you
New York, New York

I think those lyrics are right. I pulled that off the top of my head and I haven't heard the song in years.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Double posting. But I bring gifts!

Mista Lickable.

And baby Carlickable. (Not as cute yet. Oh, and ignore the jersey )

This is better. Right where he should be.

Old 06-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirenSong

I'm leaving today
I want to be a part of it
In old New York
If I can make it there
I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you
New York, New York

I think those lyrics are right. I pulled that off the top of my head and I haven't heard the song in years.
Haha, that sounds about right! Nice pun to highlight "it's up to you, New York" I might need to change the title to that!!! I liked it!

Holy smokes does he look good on that first picture! Carlickable is hot! Even more so in pinstripes..

BTW, sorry about that I made the "Yankee Avatar Album" public. It can be viewed now.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks, Nikki. Going to check your avies out now. And, yeah, Carlickable looks damn hawt in that first picture. You couldn't by chance make me an avie of that pic? Pwease? I would but I don't know how to make them. Oh, and about the lyrics, I didn't actually realize it until I was about to submit my post and then I had to go back and bold it because I thought it was so perfect.

Come on Yanks! Tino tonight.

ETA: Snagged two Tino avies. Hopefully, I'll eventually get the chance to use all these. I need to stop going into avie threads.

ETA: TINOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! That's my baby! I knew you could do it!

ETA (again because I don't want to double post): I just noticed that you changed the title. Awww... Glad I inspired you. And, OMG, did you just see Torre?!?! I could see all the veins in his head. I usually don't like it when people get that upset over bad calls, but that call was HORRIBLE. You know it's bad when Tino gets that upset. My Tino was finally in the game and he gets ejected. Grrrr.... I'm glad that Torre stood up for his players. He's usually pretty calm, so you can tell it's big when he gets that upset.

Okay, that's all. I need to get off this board now.

Last edited by SirenSong; 06-08-2005 at 07:01 PM
Old 06-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Double posting...I know...I have no life...

But I gotta break out everything for A-Rod. 400 baby! Big, huge, standing ovation to him! Youngest player in ML history to reach 400!

Okay, I think that covers it. I'm officially leaving now. Night!
Old 06-09-2005, 03:56 AM
Banned

Whoa!! Didn't know Carl played for the Sox.

Nikki and Jackie:
Old 06-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm here, too!

And, yeah, I didn't know that about Pavano either. I asked my dad and he said that he played in their minor league organization, but he's never actually played for them in the majors.

I'm still so hyped from last night. We SO needed that. Hopefully, they can keep it going. Nikki, maybe we should keep the song going?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Yay for the Yankees AND to ARod alone! It's awesome that the Brewers fans gave him the standing ovation he deserved.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

IM Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

See I didnt watch the game because I was away and they actually won one

Now can someone PLEASE give me the details of how the game went and how we won and all that because I totally missed it

thanks for the thread tho nikki and yeah Brad Jen deserved WAY better

Old 06-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Jackie!!!!! Welcome back, hunny. Maybe you should not watch the games from now on. JK And, I agree, Jen deserves way better. I love her and this whole thing has made me lose all respect for Brad. Even if he didn't do anything, just the way he is handling it bothers me.

So, anyhoo, here's a game wrapup just for you.

First of all, none of the players took batting practice before the game. Torre also majorly changed the starting line-up. Flaherty was catching, Tino at first, Sanchez at second, Jeter at SS, Arod at third, Sierra in left, Bernie in center, and Sheff in right.

1st inning: Sheffield hit a line drive to left field that the third baseman caught and then dropped which allowed Sheff to reach second. Then A-Rod came up and hit a homerun. In the bottom of the inning, Mussina gave away a couple hits including two doubles that scored two runs, so it was tied going into the second. At this point, I think we were all like "here we go again." But the score stayed at 2-2 through the second and third innings.

4th inning: I don't remember how the previous batters got on base, but Tino got a ground roll double that scored two runs then someone else got a hit to score another runner. So, it was now 5-2 and Moose kept the Brewers at two for most of the game.

5th inning: One of the Brewers had two strikes and on the third tried to check his swing but totally didn't. I mean, the bat was pointing at Moose he went so far. But the first base ump said he didn't go around. Tino got upset and said something to him, but didn't curse or anything, and got ejected from the game. Then Torre came out and all of his frustration came out or something bc you could see the veins in his head he was so angry. I've never seen him like that-- screaming and right up in the umps face. It was scary, but I'm so glad he stuck up for his players. So, long story short, he got ejected too.

I don't really remember most of the details from the rest of the game because I was watching something else at the sametime. But Mussina lasted through six innings. Jeter got a solo homerun. Cano pinch hit for Moose in the top of the seventh and hit a two-run homerun. Then in the eighth A-Rod hit his 400th career homerun making him the youngest player in history to hit 400. The crowd gave him a standing ovation and all the Yanks were giving him hugs and such. Him and Jeter are so cute. So, anyway, that was basically it. Matsui pinch hit once just to get him in the game and they brought Mo in in the ninth just to give him some playing time.

So, basically, all the hits that the Yanks haven't been hitting lately, they hit last night. Sierra was 3 for 5 and Arod was 4 for 4. Russ Johnson came in for Tino because I guess Giambi was injured and he got a hit, too. I don't really remember anything else, but it was definitely a good game. I'm thinking that it'll probably be a Classic simply because of Arod's 400, so maybe you'll be able to see it when they replay it. If you go to yankees.com and click on the game wrap, they have top plays of the game and you can watch the Tino/Torre ejection, Cano HR, and both of Arod's HRs.

Last edited by SirenSong; 06-09-2005 at 01:05 PM
Old 06-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

aww chrissy thank you so much

dam that sounds like a GREAT game im sad i missed it but dont think i havent put it past myself to not watch games so theyll win LOL but I dont want to miss good games and im not really into superstitions because then what would I do come postseason LOL anyways....

Brad lost some MAJOR hott points but onto happier things LOL

no batting practice was a GREAT idea because all of this was so in their heads and i hope that last nite broke them out of it i mean come on!! LOL

but for Alex im sad i missed that what I do hope he gets though is a chance to hit homers at SS (when they switch around and stuff) because I think he's one or two away from tieing Cal Ripken and then he can pass him

Cano 2-run homer I like him a lot

Jeet well enough said LOL

and all the guys!!

I did catch the news last night long enough to see they had won but I didnt know how or the details and they showed 2 secs of Tino yelling and then Torre yelling and wow Joe was M A D but Im SO glad he let his frustrations OUT he needed that and you're right as opposed to the calm joe i know i've never seen him like that but I LIKED IT I think he needed iit! We all we're feeling like we had to scream

LETS GO YANKS KEEP IT UP!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread