Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 02:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Not too many surprises at this year's draft. The Raptors did as expected and took Chris Bosh at #4. Hopefully he can mature alot faster than most are expecting.

Quote:
Originally posted by twoods:
<STRONG>Kobe opting out of his contract after next year? I dont see him playing for a team other than the Lakers. And if he does leave, then I'll be in mourning for a few months. Sigh...</STRONG>
Jackson will coach through 2006
The Lakers pick Cook and Walton while sizing up the free-agent market
Kobe in a Bucks uniform?

It'll be interesting to see how things pan out next year. I'd love to see Kobe leave the Lakers for his own team. Kobe playing for MJ would be interesting. Everyone always talks about how Kobe's success is due to Shaq's presence (which is mostly true), but let's see how Shaq would do on a team without Kobe.

Here's an article that should make brim smile:

Melo's drawing power: Nuggets' top pick might double as free-agent magnet

Quote:
"My first option is to look at Denver," Maggette said. "The main reason is because of Kiki. I respect him. I've gone to his summer camps (a few years ago in the Los Angeles area). They're trying to establish something as a team and an organization, and I'd love to be part of it."

Apparently, so would Brand and Olowokandi. Maggette said he regularly has talked to Brand about how they "would love to be teammates in Denver."
I'd laugh my ass off if Denver was able to raid the Clippers young talent pool. Maybe Denver would finally get something good out of all that young talent. Imagine their starting lineup:

PG: *some scrub*
SG: Corey Maggette
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Elton Brand
C: Nene Hilario
Old 06-28-2003, 03:19 PM
Extreme Fan

It's all speculation right now on who will come to Denver. But Denver will be way better then they were this past season.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Addicted Fan

brim: I was looking at some of the players Denver currently has signed and hardly recognized anyone: Ryan Bowen, Chris Andersen, Vincent Yarbrough, Predrag Savovic, Lorinza Harrington, John Crotty, Jeff Trepagnier. Damn, no wonder you lost so many games. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] You better pray that free agents flock to Denver because there's no way Melo can win with the current players Denver has.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Don't need to pray because Denver will be better then a year ago and half those players won't be back. Kiki want's to win now. Don't blame the guy. Denver hasn't been to the playoffs since 96.
Old 06-28-2003, 04:27 PM
Addicted Fan

What do you see/hope Denver does? The only players I recognized and that are signed for next year (other than the ones I already mentioned) were:

C/F: Marcus Camby
SF: Nikoloz Tskitishvili (how the hell do you say that? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] )
PF: Nene Hilario
SF: Rodney White

Ideally, Denver would go after some guards. Arenas and Maggette would be perfect. Man, at second glance, Denver could have a real nice team with the right acquisitions.

Denver only has about $17 million in contracts for next year. Compare this to the Blazers and the Knicks who have over $80 million in contracts for next year. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] You'd think with $80 million the Knicks would at least make the playoffs.

BTW, it's been reported that Jason Kidd has narrowed down his choices to four teams:

Quote:
Kidd has said before he would like to play with Tim Duncan, and the Spurs are one of the few teams with enough salary-cap room to give him a maximum six-year contract worth about $90 million. ESPN's Jim Gray said Kidd told him Thursday he has four teams he is considering signing with — New Jersey, the Spurs, Dallas and Denver — and that he plans to visit San Antonio on July 6.
Imagine this Denver lineup:

PG: Kidd
SG: Maggette
SF: Anthony
PF: Hilario
C: Camby

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I just love the off-season! There's so many scenarios that could go down.
Old 06-28-2003, 04:51 PM
Extreme Fan

I would put Denver ahead of Dallas and behind the Spurs and Nets for the Jason Kidd sweepstakes. Only because Denver can pay more to Kidd then Dallas can. It's been reported that Denver can give Kidd a 90 million dollar contract over 6 years. And if they dump some salaries like it's being reported of Camby being traded then obviously Denver can pay him more then 90 million. We'll have to wait and see though. But Denver should have a nice little team on the court next season.
Old 06-28-2003, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaolin:
<STRONG>

Imagine this Denver lineup:

PG: Kidd
SG: Maggette
SF: Anthony
PF: Hilario
C: Camby

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I just love the off-season! There's so many scenarios that could go down.</STRONG>
they'd still need a 2 guard. Maggot is a Dookie, and therefore will never amount to ****.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Maggette is inconsistent as hell.

Anyway. MJ was denied of the Bucks. I hate the Bucks, but poor MJ. Somebody needs to give him a break! I wish he'd go back to Chi town or something [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2003, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by brim:
<STRONG>the Nuggets new jersey.

</STRONG>
It looks like the Nuggets raided UCLA's locker room! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The color, trim, and everything is basically the same. Quite a departure from Denver's old unis. Nothing can beat the rainbow jerseys, though. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

There’s no way in hell I can see Jason Kidd going to Denver. He supposedly wants to go to a team that poses the best chance of winning a title, and the McNuggets certainly don’t qualify. And if it was just about the $ to him, he’d be better off staying in New Jersey, where he can make the most and has a better chance of competing in a weaker conference. I would be VERY surprised to see Kidd land there. He’s just using Denver as leverage right now.

MJ got turned down by Sen. Kohl? Thank GOD!!! I don't mind him wanting to own an NBA team, but I just didn't want to see it happen in Milwaukee. That franchise is going nowhere fast.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh those are some really bad looking uniforms for the Nuggets...they should have just stayed w/ there current. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2003, 01:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

I feel bad for anyone who has to play for Denver.

You're playing at 5,200 feet of altitude in a city where no one gives a crap about basketball.

-Will
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Old 06-30-2003, 03:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Milt Palacio:
<STRONG>I feel bad for anyone who has to play for Denver.

You're playing at 5,200 feet of altitude in a city where no one gives a crap about basketball.

-Will</STRONG>
Oh yeah? I live in Denver and I give a crap about it. Denver will prove everyone wrong. I would rather play for Denver then Tornoto or Cleveland.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chi159:
<STRONG>

It looks like the Nuggets raided UCLA's locker room! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The color, trim, and everything is basically the same. Quite a departure from Denver's old unis. Nothing can beat the rainbow jerseys, though. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

There’s no way in hell I can see Jason Kidd going to Denver. He supposedly wants to go to a team that poses the best chance of winning a title, and the McNuggets certainly don’t qualify. And if it was just about the $ to him, he’d be better off staying in New Jersey, where he can make the most and has a better chance of competing in a weaker conference. I would be VERY surprised to see Kidd land there. He’s just using Denver as leverage right now.

MJ got turned down by Sen. Kohl? Thank GOD!!! I don't mind him wanting to own an NBA team, but I just didn't want to see it happen in Milwaukee. That franchise is going nowhere fast.</STRONG>
Well maybe because Kiki went to UCLA.

Jason Kidd is probably using Denver as leverage. Wouldn't suprise me one bit if he landed here. I don't care if i'm the only one sticking up for this team but they'll be good again. Hell i'll even say they'll be better then the Bulls next season [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2003, 10:52 PM
Loyal Fan

aw hell naw!

Alright, yeah, both teams will be greatly improved over last season, but how can you compare Eddy Curry, Tyson Chandler & Jamal Crawford to Carmelo and... who else? Nene and Camby are comparable to chandler & curry, but Curry was just dominating at the ned of the season even against real teams, and Chandler is becoming one of the better rebounding / shot blocking players in the league. Then you throw in Jalen Rose and Marshall / Fizer off the bench and youve got a competitive team. I really believe the Bulls will be in the playoffs next season. Denver should compete, but will likely fall short.

Im not saying Denver wont be good, but the Bulls are just better. Plus throw in the east / west conference differential, and that throws the argument in the Bulls favor.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

I second that “hell naw!” [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Even though I’m a biased fan, you can’t tell me that Denver is going to be a better team next year. If so, you must be really banking on them landing some top-flight players via free agency. They might get some quality players, but not enough to supplant the total lack of depth and talent on the Nuggets’ roster. As it stands right now, they only have Melo and Nene. You can add Tskita, but he did nothing to impress this past season. Even if Miller, Arenas, Olowokandi, and/or Maggette come to town, it’s going to be very hard for them to compete in the West.

The Bulls have a lot more depth and talent as it stands right now. Plus, they are playing in a weaker conference where .500 ball is likely to earn you a playoff berth. The odds are in their favor to make it to the playoffs before Denver. Especially if they get their act together on the road.