Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 09:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Pippen sucks now, he won't help the Bulls. And I wouldn't want Jamal Crawford as my starting point guard. Eddy Curry needs to have a breakout year!

-Will
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Old 07-21-2003, 10:40 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR:
<STRONG>God, this Off Season has been too good to me. Now I need for MJ to find somewhere to boss around [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Hell yeah, Nikki! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Hee.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

ESPN.com repoting a near done deal, Philly gets big Dog Robinson, Knicks get van Horn, Wolves get Spreeeewell and Atlanta gets Terrell Brandon.

Looks like good deals for the Wolves and 76ers, and more junk going to NY.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

Typical move by the Knicks. Just exactly what direction are they going in? Sounds lateral to me. I assume Van Horn’s contract expires in the near future, as they need to dump salary to rebuild. Atlanta is taking on Terrell Brandon’s contract for the same reason: to dump salary and clear cap space. Getting rid of Van Horn is probably a bonus for Philly, but I don’t see Glenn Robinson making that big of a difference with that lineup. The team that’s making out in this trade is Minnesota. Yet more offensive firepower to help Garnett win. Spree is getting old, but he’s still a very talented player. The T-Wolves have certainly had a busy off-season thus far. Just take a look at some of the names they have/will acquire:

Cassell
Sprewell
Olowokandi

Not bad! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

This trade will improve Minnesota’s overall record, but I still don’t see them making a serious run in the West. If they fail to make it out of the first round after this, I will seriously laugh.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Milt Palacio:
<STRONG> And I wouldn't want Jamal Crawford as my starting point guard. Eddy Curry needs to have a breakout year!
</STRONG>

If Curry learns how to stay out of foul trouble and to play better defense, he will represent the Bulls in the All-Star game. Especially if Brad Miller signs with the Utah Jazz. You can bank on that! Without a doubt, Eddy Curry has some of the best post moves in the game and he’s just twenty years old. The sky is the limit when it comes to his potential. The only thing that can hurt his production is if he sits on the bench due to foul trouble. That was one of his biggest problems last year.

What don’t you like about Jamal Crawford’s game? I’ll admit that I wasn’t much of a fan until the second half of last season. I thought he didn’t drive to the basket nearly enough and took way too many erratic shots. He looked much more like a SG than someone who should be running the offense. But, much to my surprise, he began to exhibit better PG tendencies near the end of the year and put up some great numbers. I’m not sold on him yet, but I definitely think the talent is there. We’ll see what happens. If he sucks, Pippen will just take over. He's basically going to run the triangle offense as a point-forward, anyway. Besides, there’s always Kirk Hinrich on the bench.

ETA: Did you guys know that JC is dating Sue Bird? I don’t know why, but I was really surprised to hear that. It’s not a racial thing for me. I just didn’t think their backgrounds and personalities would mesh. I thought Crawford was still dating his kids mother. Who knew? Good for them. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 07-22-2003: Message edited Chi159 ]
Old 07-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

What? She can do so much better,... namely, ME.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Spreewell going to the Wolves...not a bad move. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Now this is a surprise for me...Report: Horry agrees to one-year deal with Spurs
Old 07-23-2003, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is going to be another year that I can't keep up with the trades.
(What team is he on now??) [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Waiting to see what happens with Brad Miller.
Utah and Denver are both putting in good "bids".
I hated to see Strickland leave the Pacers.
He really gave them a boost last spring.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chi159:
<STRONG>
I thought Crawford was still dating his kids mother. Who knew? Good for them. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
Isn't Jamal's son almost as old as him? Well, I'm kidding, but I remember he was 19 when he got drafted and his son was already like 3 or 4. Damn that's young to have a kid.

Sue Bird and Jamal Crawford is definitely a weird match, I agree. You would never ever guess that. Sue Bird is one of the best looking female athletes.

-Will
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Old 07-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Pat:
<STRONG>

Now this is a surprise for me...Report: Horry agrees to one-year deal with Spurs</STRONG>
if you can't beat'em, join'em [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

SSSSuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeee, i'll save you from that beast, come home to da-da [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Pat:
<STRONG>

Now this is a surprise for me...Report: Horry agrees to one-year deal with Spurs</STRONG>
if you can't beat'em, join'em [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

SSSSuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeee, i'll save you from that beast, come home to da-da [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2003, 08:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Travis Best is signing with the Celtics! I'm not sure it's finalized yet but it was reported last night on the news.

-Will
Old 07-23-2003, 09:26 AM
Addicted Fan

I've read reports that the four-team deal may be off, or that a fifth team may be needed (rumor has it the fifth team is Sacramento). Check out the stories here:

Spree on way out of Garden
More changes brewing for Timberwolves

If this deal goes down though, the T-Wolves will be a force to be reckon with out West! KG finally has some talent to shoulder the scoring burden. I can't wait to see KG go up against Duncan and the Spurs or Webber and the Kings. I can see KG averaging a triple-double next year. It ain't safe no more! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And what's up with the Knicks infatuation with Vanilla Horn? Didn't they see his playoff performances the past two years? He got run out of New Jersey by K-Mart, and did jack***** in the playoffs for Philly. This kid is going to get eaten alive in New York!
Old 07-23-2003, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What the hell is he thinking now...?

Quote:
P. Diddy Wants To Buy Knicks

Move over Bob Johnson -- and later for Michael Jordan: P. Diddy says he should belong in the NBA owners club.

Rap star Sean "P. Diddy" Combs told Howard Stern in an interview Tuesday that he wants to buy the New York Knicks.

Combs was actually on the radio program to hype the soundtrack from "Bad Boys II." But he also said he wanted to say publicly that he wants to buy the team.

The apparent reaction of the Knicks: get-outta-here.

The rapper says the team is not taking his calls.

Even so, he says that he believes he could do a good job running the club. The Knicks had a losing record last season.

Yea I'm sure there willing to seel the Knicks to Puffy. Imagine what halftime would be like, him rapping or all up in the camera... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2003, 12:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

Does he really have that much money?? Or is he going to have partners?

-Will
Closed Thread   Post New Thread