Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 08:54 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Oh Knicks fans are steamed about this. Saw some of Stephen A. Smith earlier. Jeez. The Kings 1st round draft pick this year goes to the Celtics. Like they need it.
Riiight!
Old 05-16-2019, 02:44 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Well, Davis could still stay with the Pelicans next season though there are reports that he wants to be traded still. Julius Randle has a Player Option this summer. I think about half of the Pelicans roster could be Free Agents this summer.

Tough loss by the Raptors yesterday. They sat Kawhi Leonard in the 4th quarter too long in that game I thought. It was nice to see Kyle Lowry play well though. Hopefully Toronto will figure out a way to make it tougher for Brook Lopez to score the ball & get rebounds. That was ridiculous in the 2nd half what happened. Oh well. Maybe today's game will be halfway decent.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:38 PM
MST Manager

It is all Bucks so far at the half.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:42 PM

Yeah. That was quite ridiculous. Marc Gasol & Kyle Lowry specifically had horrific games & the Raptors giving up all those bench points was brutal. At least their next game will be played in Toronto. I'd be surprised if Portland wins today after that awful loss they had on Thursday. A sweep seems to be in order for the Warriors. The Bucks this year are certainly a talented enough team to beat the Warriors in the NBA Finals, so if & when those 2 teams meet next month that should be a terrific series.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:50 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
The Bucks this year are certainly a talented enough team to beat the Warriors in the NBA Finals.
I would like for them to do that.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

I don't think the Bucks have enough fire power to beat the Warriors especially with KD back. Warriors will have trouble with Bucks though with their long limbs..(similar to OKC from 2016).
Old 05-20-2019, 04:52 PM

The Bucks have a terrific bench & certainly when healthy I'd expect them to win their home games vs. Golden St. if that series happens. I wouldn't be surprised if Milwaukee wins vs. the Warriors in 6 games, but first the Bucks need to get through Toronto & what a win by the Raptors yesterday after Kyle Lowry & Norman Powell each fouled out in regulation. That game had 2 overtimes. There were some questionable calls in this game, such as Giannis taking 3 steps before dribbling which didn't get called traveling & also his 6th foul.

So, today this will likely be the final game played for Enes Kanter, Rodney Hood, & Seth Curry for the Blazers. I don't expect Portland to re-sign any of them this summer. Now Aninu will be an unrestricted free agent & I'd guess they will re-sign him or at least try to. This summer should be at least interesting.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:46 PM
MST Manager

Very anti-climatic series between Portland and Golden State.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:20 PM

Well the games were close, but the outcomes became predictable after the Blazers gave up large leads in the 3rd quarters of games 2 & 3. I did not watch yesterday's Blazers/Warriors game since even if somehow the Blazers won, they would need to win 3 more. I'm looking at some of the final stats in yesterday's game 4 & it's not good at all for Portland. They scored 16 total points in the 4th quarter yesterday & then just 6 in overtime. There you have in a nutshell why the lost I'd guess. They don't have anyone that can do anything it seemed vs. Draymond Green. He had another triple double yesterday. Plus Stephen Curry had a triple double in this game & Kevon Looney had a double double. Geez. Meyers Leonard was impressive getting a career high 30 points in this game for Portland. Not much cap space this summer for Portland to make many changes in their roster either.

Go Raptors! They should have another strong performance today. Thee Bucks/Raptors game begins in just over 2 hours. This should be another great 1.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:35 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Go Raptors! They should have another strong performance today. Thee Bucks/Raptors game begins in just over 2 hours. This should be another great 1.
Series tied 2-2.

It's a good one!
Old 05-22-2019, 12:57 PM

Yes. Kyle Lowry was amazing. I was not expecting them to blowout the Bucks yesterday, but certainly was impressive. Tomorrow should be a blast & hope it's a competitive game.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:48 AM
MST Manager

Hope so too!

I am enjoying this series a lot.

I gotta look up the last time the Bucks won the championship, if ever.

ETA: They won the championship by beating the Baltimore Bullets in 1971, two years before I was born.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

I'm surprised with the Bucks..all these analysts were not giving the Raptors any chance. I'm just confused by Kawahi though..is he injured or not?
Old 05-23-2019, 01:15 PM

Apparently Leonard is dealing with a leg issue while Kyle Lowry has a thumb injury that he suffered vs. the 76ers.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:07 PM

That was some win by Toronto on Thursday. I know that Giannis feels like he isn't getting calls, but if that's happening on his home court then Toronto is likely going to win this series. I do hope of course for another competitive game today between these 2 teams. Enjoy the game all!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread