Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 03:42 PM
I am a basketball genius!

NBA Discussion thread #29: Because They Won With Great Ball Movement And Teamwork. Go SPURS Go!!!

Welcome to the thread everyone! With the NBA Playoffs going on which are your picks to win their Round 1 series this year?
Old 04-22-2014, 08:54 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting the new thread.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:08 PM

You're welcome. Great win by the Raptors yesterday, though they did commit a bunch of turnovers again. Demar Derozan was outstanding & the Raptors had a huge rebounding advantage in this game to help them prevail. Tough losses for the Hawks & Bulls. Today's game should enjoyable. Hopefully Al Jefferson's injury doesn't hold him down & the Bobcats win. I expect the Rockets to win today as well, though curious to see what changes they make trying to defend LaMarcus Aldridge.

In other news Phil Jackson is the New York Knicks team President. Goran Dragic won the NBA's ''Most Improved Player'' award this week & Greg Popovich was named the NBA's ''Coach of the Year'' again as well.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:37 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey everybody! I'm a Magic fan so I don't really have a horse in the playoffs, but I did make a bracket this year. I've got Spurs in 5, Rockets in 6, Clippers in 6, Thunder in 5, Pacers in 5, Bulls in 6, Raptors in 6 and Heat sweeping the Bobcats.

Gotta say first round has been interesting so far though, lots of surprises! I might regret some of my bracket choices Pacers started off terribly, but the last one was something completely different and I hope they keep that up. Rockets also off to terrible start under 0-2 so far, eeek. And I'm torn between wanting my bracket to be right and rooting for the underdog to take some games against Heat!

I do think Heat will threepeat.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:40 PM

Hi. We disagree on all those picks, except the Raptors winning their series in 6 games. What a performance by LaMarcus Aldridge yesterday. Well done by the Mavs also winning in San Antonio for the first time in a while. Tough loss for the Bobcats, but they can win their games in Charlotte.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hello, my picks heading in was.

Bulls in 6 [obviously that might not happen in less they win four in a row.]
Heat in 5 or 6 [with the injury to Al Jefferson I changed it to a sweep]
Pacers in 6 [so I guess Pacers have to win the next three in a row] I actually thought Pacers would lose their two games at the Highlight Factory @ Atlanta, them losing Game 1 threw me off guard. but I had them losing game 3... but in general the Pacers are having the biggest meltdown in sports history at this moment...

I had Raptors in 6 but I like KG & Pierce so I wouldn't really mind if the Nets won...

For the Western Confernce I had Clippers in 7, Grizzlies in 6, Rockets in 7 but I wanted Portland in 6... so I'm going to side with what I want. lol Portland in 6 please.

Mavericks are my favorite Western Conference team so I had to take them in 7, not ever going against my team even against better judgment.

Also can ya'll believe this is the 3rd consecutive season that Heat is going to be cruising to the Finals? kind of depression if you asked me. Which is why I wished for the Pacers to get it together. Heat needs some kind of challenge. In 2012, Derrick Rose got injured and that messed up the whole playoffs cause everybody thought Bulls would be the biggest challenge to the Heat, and that turned into the Playoffs. in 2013: Injury after injury. They faced Bucks in the 1st Round, a beat down Chicago in the 2nd round an upcoming Pacers in the 3rd Round... this year, Al Jefferson gets injured in the 1st quarter of Game 1.
Talk about one lucky team. lol
Old 04-25-2014, 02:33 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred86 (View Post)
I do think Heat will threepeat.
God, I hope not.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

SMH.. even more reason for me not to like the Clippers

NBA investigating Clippers owner Donald Sterling for alleged racist*comments | The Point Forward - SI.com
Old 04-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Just absolutely pathetic that the league have to deal with that right now, in the middle of one of the best first round playoffs in a long time.

I feel for the players: Griffin, Paul... and others, because Sterling actions shouldn't reflect on them. So it's tough.

This Sterling thing is an distraction so he should get suspended for now, and if the voice from TMZ gets authorization, they should force him to sell the team.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:38 PM

I don't think he can be forced to sell his team just because he said something on tape that people disagree with. Don't give people the right to say whatever they choose & odds are this situation with Donald Sterling would not have happened.

Did you watch the ESPN ''30 For 30'' on ''The Bad Boys''? It was pretty good.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Michael Jordan responds to Donald Sterling's comments

Michael Jordan responds to Donald Sterling's comments | CSN Chicago
Quote:
"I look at this from two perspectives — as a current owner and a former player," Jordan's statement reads. "As an owner, I’m obviously disgusted that a fellow team owner could hold such sickening and offensive views. I’m confident that (NBA commissioner) Adam Silver will make a full investigation and take appropriate action quickly. As a former player, I’m completely outraged. There is no room in the NBA — or anywhere else — for the kind of racism and hatred that Mr. Sterling allegedly expressed. I am appalled that this type of ignorance still exists within our country and at the highest levels of our sport. In a league where the majority of players are African-American, we cannot and must not tolerate discrimination at any level.”
Old 04-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I don't think he can be forced to sell his team just because he said something on tape that people disagree with. Don't give people the right to say whatever they choose & odds are this situation with Donald Sterling would not have happened.

Did you watch the ESPN ''30 For 30'' on ''The Bad Boys''? It was pretty good.

I a trillion percent disagree with you.
What he said is just pathetic and uncalled for and he shouldn't be a owner of any team. You can't be an racist "known" owner with this history that Donald Sterling has. What person in their right mind would want go ever go on a Donald Sterling team.
There's a line you crossed, whether it was a private or public conversation, it's out.. he insulted African Americans, Latino and others. It doesn't matter on the color of your skin here, you can be Caucasian, African American, Mexican.. anyone, and what Sterling said just leaves a bad taste in your mouth... for those who aren't racist anyway.

He needs to be removed from office admittedly because this is like the fifth strike on Sterling and nothing has been good. In 2009 Sterling agreed to a $2.765-million settlement in a case that alleged discrimination against African American, Latinos and others. In 2003 there was something else with discrimination. Basketball legend Elgin Baylor sued him in ... I think 2009 for age and race discrimination, and the list goes on.

Sometimes you just cross a line, and he did. Any form of discrimination shouldn't not be allowed in 2014, the 21st century. Race, Age or Sex discrimination just should not be tolerated and Sterling about almost feels that list.

Yes I did watched some of that documentary... and it kind of reminded me why I didn't like the team. lol
Old 04-27-2014, 02:25 PM

OK. So how do you go about ''forcing an owner'' to sell a Pro sports franchise''? Fans boycotting games I suppose would help, but I'm unsure why he wasn't forced to sell his franchise sooner if what you say about him is true.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
OK. So how do you go about ''forcing an owner'' to sell a Pro sports franchise''? Fans boycotting games I suppose would help, but I'm unsure why he wasn't forced to sell his franchise sooner if what you say about him is true.
I agree with you on that, I think it's going to be difficult... especially because he's stubborn. I think from rumors I heard, they tried to get him to sell it in the past but it didn't work.
From all the reports, that's how you gather that information. lol AND during 2009 these stories came out and nothing was really done about it, no idea why.

Even look with ex Clipper Baron Davis said about him:

So this isn't a first for Sterling but the reason I'd say nothing was done to Sterling in the past was because he's rich and there was not enough evidence against him. This is the most evidence ever on him, if it is confirmed to be his voice.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread