Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I`m glad that there will be a baseball game for the gamers to play on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Also former Orioles manager Earl Weaver passed away last night at age 82. My condolence goes out to his family and the Orioles fans and organization. Here are a couple of classic videos to remember the skipper.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:11 PM
I am a basketball genius!

His family has my condolences.

I was wondering if any of you have gotten to see some of the movies that have been airing on MLB Network lately? I was watching ''Eight Men Out'' yesterday. It's a good film. I didn't know about the 1919 White Sox scandal. Do you agree with the players throwing that World Series or not?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:20 PM

Big signing news today. Michael Bourne has agreed to a 4 year deal with the Cleveland Indians & Hernandez has reached a deal with the M's to re-sign. Russell Martin has reached a deal with the Pirates.

I was wondering, are any of you planning on playing Fantasy Baseball this year? We tried to get a Fan Forum league started last year, but didn't pan out.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

No i`m not planning on playing Fantasy Baseball this season.

Also we got some big news on the injury front as Johan Santana will miss the entire 2013 due to a re-tear of his left shoulder capsule. Very tough break there for Johan, especially after all of the work he did in coming back last season.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:16 AM
Elite Fan

Well the Phils are off to a horrible start. So disappointing, especially coming off of last season.

I have no idea what's going on with Doc Halladay.

Rest now, Bowie
Old 04-11-2013, 02:00 PM

He needs to throw more strikes. The Jays are not off to a good start either. They have -24 run differential at this time. I saw the Astros play the Mariners this week & their offense showed up. Brett Wallace struggled for them though.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:18 PM

Jay Leno told a hilarious joke on ''The Tonight Show'' earlier this week about the Cubs. It was: ''In baseball news, the Chicago Cubs said they will move if improvements are not made to Wrigley Field. And today Wrigley Field said it will move if improvements are not made to the Chicago Cubs''.

It's been a frustrating start to the season as a Jays fan to say the least. They lost again today to the M's & are at this point 11 games behind 1st place in the A.L. East.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:11 PM

Any Baseball fans out there? Lots of news if there are. June 4th was the 39 year anniversary of ''10 Cent Beer Night'' in Cleveland, OH. I found this out listening to a local sports talk radio station. What happened on that day 39 years ago for those unsure, was the field that night got littered with beer cans & a riot broke out. Indians & Rangers players had to arm themselves with bats for protection vs. drunken fans. That game ended in a forfeit. Hard to imagine something like that happening these days.

Also MLB is reportedly seeking suspensions for Ryan Braun & Alex Rodriguez.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Why am I not surprised that the Mets would lose a no-hitter is such a, well, Mets way?
Old 08-06-2013, 02:08 PM

MLB has suspended the following players for doping yesterday: Alex Rodriguez, Nelson Cruz, Everth Cabrera, Jhonny Peralta, Antonio Bastardo, Francisco Cervelli, Jordany Valdespin, Jesus Montero, Cesar Puello, Sergio Escalona, Fernandez Martinez, Fautino De Los Santos, & Jordan Norberto.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Boston Red Sox Clinch Al East Crown !! It is big news since last year they where in last place !!

Toronto Blue Jays vs. Boston Red Sox - Recap - September 20, 2013 - ESPN
Quote:
Red Sox beat Blue Jays, claim first AL East crown since 2007

Associated Press
BOSTON -- The Boston Red Sox clinched the AL East title on Friday night, getting seven strong innings from Jon Lester to beat the Toronto Blue Jays 6-3 and eliminate Tampa Bay from the division race.

One night after securing their first playoff appearance since 2009, the Red Sox added their first division title since 2007. Boston entered the night with a magic number of one -- meaning the next Red Sox win or Rays loss would clinch the division.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Huge brawl Atlanta Braves versus Milwaukee happened. This all stemmed from a game few nights back . Brewers player hits a HR , as he runs the bases he taunts the pitcher . Then as he heads to home the Atlanta pitcher blocks the path , the fight begins ...

Video to come !
AL East Yankees are done , Tampa Cleveland fighting for wild card !

Last edited by Logan; 09-25-2013 at 09:04 PM
Old 09-26-2013, 02:38 PM

A Dodgers fan was killed this week after having an altercation with Giants fans after their game yesterday. His family has my condolences.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Red Sox move onto the ALCS with a 3-1 win over Tampa Bay!
Detroit and Oakland are tied at two games apiece!
Winner moves onto Play Boston !
Old 10-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Loyal Fan

The Dodgers are breaking my heart at the moment

Icon: lolo13
Closed Thread   Post New Thread