Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

You`re welcome wingster and welcome back. It`s been too long since you last posted here. I have to ask if you`re at the US Open right now? If so, then we need to see some pics.

Getting back to the action on the court, Elena played earlier tonight on the big stage of Arthur Ashe Stadium against Serena Williams and unfortunately the match didn`t last long as Elena was crushed 1-6, 1-6. What a beatdown she got. I was hoping that Elena would keep it competitive for a set, but unfortunately she didn`t play all that well. Still it was good to see her back on TV again.

Elena`s match ends what has been a good, but bittersweet day for our favorite ladies. Tomorrow Jelena will start out the day with her third round match against Jie Zheng. This is looks like a tough match for JJ. Obviously she needs to improve on her play and come out strong in her second match of the year against the dangerous Zheng. Another intriguing match tomorrow will have Caroline taking on Victoria Azarenka. I hope that USA will show at least a few games of this match between two of the young up and coming stars on the tour. I think that Caroline is the slight favorite in the match, but she won`t have an easy time against Vika. So she needs to come out strong right away.

Meanwhile in doubles, Domi and Iveta will be playing each other. It will be quite a beautiful sight to see two of Team Czechoslovakia`s finest on the court together. I hope that they`ll have a nice competitive match.

Lastly Jelena, Anna and Elena will play their first round mixed doubles tomorrow.

I really hope that we can get a better showing tomorrow from our remaining hotties tomorrow.

Anyway here is a new pic of Masha and her mom in New York City.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I have to ask if you`re at the US Open right now
nope
Old 08-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay just checking. It sounded like you were at some matches in person.

Jelena started out the day with her third round match against Jie Zhang. It was a tough match as expected, but JJ came out with a 7-5, 7-5 win. Good win for JJ. She really had to work pretty hard in this match and had a hard time closing it out, but finally after a nearly twenty minute game, she finally finished Zhang off. I`m glad that JJ won in it in straight sets.

We still have Caroline`s match coming up with along with the doubles and mixed doubles matches later this afternoon. In the meantime here are some pics from Jelena`s match.

I never get tired of seeing this.

Good job JJ.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

I actually tried to avoid coming here after hearing about Ana's loss. That's just... man, losing a lower seed/expected player is one thing, but the #1 on top of already down Masha and Dani just makes this tournament a bust.

On the bright side, this lets one of the other hotties grab some spotlight.

Also, seeing JJ doing the splits just makes it all worth it
Old 08-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chris i know how you`re feeling. It sucks that Ana is out, but at the same time we need to get behind our remaining hotties

Speaking of remaining hotties, Caroline finished her match against Victoria Azarenka a few minutes ago and she came out with a 6-4, 6-4 win. Good win for Caroline, who gave a nice solid performance.

Meanwhile in doubles, Domi and Iveta play each other this afternoon, with Domi and Virginia Razzano coming out with a 7-5, 4-6, 7-6(5) win over Iveta and Galina Voskoboeva. I`m glad that we got a very competitive match here. While i`m happy for Domi , i`m equally sad for Iveta, who`s stay at the US Open is now over with.

Also in mixed doubles, Flavia got a very convincing win with Dusan Vernic, routing Janette Husarova and Jeff Coetzee 6-1, 6-1. Very good win for Flavia. It`s nice to see her get off to a good start in mixed doubles. Elena also won her mixed doubles match as well, which is a nice added bonus.

So that`s the story of this afternoon`s matches. Anna is currently playing her mixed doubles match and she and Max Mirnyi are down 3-6, 1-4. It`s not looking good for Anna. She and Max can at least go down with a fight. Also Jelena`s mixed doubles match will be later this evening. Hopefully she`ll do well in it.

Anyway here are a couple of pics from Caroline`s match.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here is tomorrow`s schedule for our remaining hotties.

First of all Alona will start out the day on Arthur Ashe Stadium where she`ll take on Venus Williams. The Bondarenko sisters sure don`t have karma on their side having to play the Williams sisters a lot in the last couple of weeks, starting with their tough loss to them in the doubles semifinals in Beijing, then Kat getting beaten by Serena earlier this week and now Alona gets to face Venus, who has looked very sharp in her first two matches in the US Open. I hope that Alona can keep it competitive for a set.

We`ll be seeing a battle of the cuties as Aggie will face Domi. This looks a very intriguing match between two of the cutest rising stars on the tour. I hope that they`ll play another pretty good match like their previous meeting in the quarterfinals at Doha earlier this year.

Also over in Court 11 Flavia will play Nadia Petrova and then Alize will take on Anna-Lena Groenefeld. I think that Flavia will be in for a tough match with Nadia Petrova, who has been playing well lately. So she really needs to come out looking more sharp than in her previous matches. As for Alize, i think that she will need to come out strong against Anna-Lena Groenefeld, who has been playing with a lot of confidence after upsetting Dani in the first round.

Meanwhile in doubles, our remaining teams will all be in action tomorrow. In the marquee match, Elena and Vera Z will take on Dani and Lindsay Davenport. This looks a pretty intriguing match. Plus i must add that it will be quite a sight seeing Elena, Vera and Dani together on the court. Hopefully we`ll get a pretty good match between the ladies. Also the Bondarenko sisters will face Alisa Kleybanova and Ekaterina Makarova and Caroline and Marta will play Anabel Medina Garrigues and Virginia Ruano Pascual. I think that Alona and Kat has a pretty favorable matchup in their match, while Caroline and Marta has a good opportunity to upset one of the best teams in the world. Hopefully they can expose the Spanish ladies` traditional weakness away from their beloved red clay.

Lastly in mixed doubles, Elena and Flavia will play each other in their second round match. Obviously this would be quite a hot sight to see Elena and Flavia together. Hopefully they`ll have a pretty good match.

I really hope that our remaining favorites will do well tomorrow. Anyway here are some pics of some of the hotties at the US Open, courtesy of the great Jean-Sebastian Marceau.

Great pokies from Kat.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here`s an update on the early matches.

First of all in the battle of the cuties Aggie routed Domi 6-0, 6-3. What a surprising result. I expected a tight match, but instead Aggie dominated Domi, who from what i`ve heard from reports played terribly today.

Also Alona was crushed by Venus Williams 2-6, 1-6. She was no match for Venus, who just put on a tennis clinic. The only positive about the match was that Alona didn`t get bageled. Hopefully she and Kat won`t have to play the Williams sisters anytime soon. Plus i hope that they`ll take their frustration from their recent losses to the Williams sisters out on Alisa Kleybanova and Ekaterina Makarova later today in their doubles match. BTW Alona looked smoking hot throughout the match, especially late in it where she had some nice pokies going. We really need to see Alona do a swimsuit calendar soon, because those nice curves of her`s are too good to keep covered up.

Anyway that`s the story with the early matches at Flushing Meadows. Alize and Flavia`s matches will be later this afternoon along with the doubles and mixed doubles matches.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Elite Fan

Wow, I can't believe Domi got crushed like that. She's usually too spunky to let that happen.

Alona just got a bad draw, getting Venus or Serena early on isn't the most pleasant of things to think about.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah i`m still surprised about that Chris.

Here`s an update on the afternoon matches.

First of all in a match that just ended a few minutes ago, Flavia defeated Nadia Petrova 4-6, 6-4, 6-3. Good win for Flavia. The match was a close one as expected, but Flavia did a great job of responding well mentally in it and putting enough pressure on Petrova to where she folded in the end. I`m very pleased with how well Flavia has played in these tough matches this week.

Meanwhile in doubles, our three remaining hottie teams were in action today. First of all the Bondarenko sisters defeated Alisa Kleybanova and Ekaterina Makarova 3-6, 6-2, 6-2. Good win for Alona and Kat. I`m pleased with how well they bounced back after a lackluster first set.

Also Caroline and Marta were beaten by the Spanish team of Anabel Medina Garrigues and Virginia Ruano Pascual 2-6, 3-6. Tough loss for Caroline and Marta. I was hoping that they could somehow pull off an upset, but instead they couldn`t come close to the Spaniards.

Lastly we in the marquee match, Dani and Lindsay Davenport upset Elena and Vera Z 7-5, 6-1. This is a surprising result, especially the second set. I`m happy for Dani that she gets to extend her stay in Flushing Meadows. So good job by her. However i`m also sad that Team Russia`s dynamic duo is out.

So that`s the story with the afternoon matches. Alize`s match has just started. Also we still have the mixed doubles match between Elena and Flavia.

Anyway here are some practice pics of Caroline.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 08-30-2008 at 03:40 PM
Old 08-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here`s an update on the last two matches of the day.

First of all we lose yet another hottie as Alize was upset by Anna-Lena Groenefeld 4-6, 5-7. What a disappointing performance from Alize, who was outplayed by Groenefeld. I felt that Alize need to come out strong in this match, but instead couldn`t handle Groenefeld`s powerful serve.

Meanwhile in mixed doubles, Flavia and Dusan Vemic defeated Elena and Mariusz Fyrstenberg 6-4, 7-5. Good win for Flavia. This is a nice bonus along with her win over Nadia Petrova. As for Elena, another tough loss for her today. I really hate that her stay at the US Open had to end with two losses today.

So in all it was another mixed day for our remaining hotties. Tomorrow`s action will be headlined by the Jelena-Caroline match that will start out the day. This will be a very intriguing match. JJ hasn`t played her best tennis, but keeps on finding a way to grind out wins, while Caroline has been playing well. I really hope that we`ll get a nice competitive match between those ladies.

Meanwhile in doubles, the Bondarenko sisters will take on Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur. This will be a huge test for Alona and Kat against one of the best teams in the world. So they really need to come out strong tomorrow.

Finally in mixed doubles, Flavia and Dusan Vermic will face Jill Craybas and Eric Butorac. This is a favorable looking match. Hopefully Flavia can keep it going.

I really hope that some of our remaining hotties do well tomorrow. Anyway here is a nice pic of Masha from Monday night.

What a beautiful sight that is obviously well missed on the courts.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here`s the latest from Flushing Meadows.

First of all we had the all hotties matchup between Jelena and Caroline to start out the day. The match went the full three sets and in the end Jelena came out with a 3-6, 6-2, 6-1 win. Good win for JJ. It was a typical match for her where she once again found a way to win. JJ got it going starting in the second set and played her best tennis to date at the US Open in the third set where her shotmaking was excellent. As for Caroline, tough loss for her. She played very good in the first set, but played too defensively in the second set. Then in the third set, her inexperience showed as she had no answer for JJ`s great shotmaking. Despite the result of today`s match, this was a nice run for Caroline. She played well in reaching the round of 16, which is something for her to build on.

Meanwhile in doubles, we lost our best team as the Bondarenko sisters were defeated by the always tough duo of Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur 6-7(4), 3-6. I had a bad feeling about this match. This was a match where Alona and Kat needed to bring their A game and unfortunately couldn`t do it.

Also in mixed doubles, Flavia`s run came to an end as well as she and Dusan Vermic were defeated by Jill Craybas and Eric Butorac 7-6(4), 4-6, 4-10. What a tough loss for Flavia. She and Dusan Vermic did a good job of gutting out the first set, but after that they seemed to gradually fade as the match went on, especially in the super tiebreaker.

So that`s the story on today`s matches. Here are some pics from today`s all hotties match.

Good job JJ.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here`s the latest from the US Open.

First of all Flavia continued her great run with a 6-3, 6-0 win over Amelie Mauresmo. What a great win for Flavia. Both she and Mauresmo had trouble holding serve for much of the first set. Fortunately Flavia got her serve going to win the first set. Then in the second set, she did a great job of elevating her play and capitalizing on Mauresmo`s bad serving. I have to say that this is one of Flavia`s best wins of the year behind only her upset win over Venus Williams in the French Open. I`m really pleased with how well she has stepped it up at Flushing Meadows, especially with most of our top favorites out.

Meanwhile in doubles, Slovakia`s top stars were in action. First of Domi continued her run as she and Virginie Razzano defeated Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Patty Schnyder 6-2, 6-4. Good win for Domi. It`s nice to see her having some success in doubles. Unfortunately Dani`s run came to an end as she and Lindsay Davenport were beaten handlely by Ai Sugiyama and Katarina Srebotnik 2-6, 3-6. I was hoping that they could somehow pull off another upset, but sadly that wasn`t the case. At least Dani got to play into the second week at Flushing Meadows.

So that`s the story on what has been a good day so far at the US Open. Aggie`s match against Venus Williams has just started. I hope that she can keep the match competitive for a set.

Anyway here are some pics from Flavia`s match along with some more pics from Jean-Sebastian Marceau.

Good job Flavia.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here`s the latest from the US Open.

First of all Jelena defeated Sybille Bammer 6-1, 6-4. Good win for JJ. Once again she had her share of tough times in the match. In fact she should`ve won tonight`s match more easily. However JJ did a good job of delivering a solid performance and winning the match in straight sets, which is a nice change of pace from her previous matches.

Meanwhile in doubles, our hopes for another hottie winning the doubles title came to an end today as Domi and Virginie Razzano were defeated by Ai Sugiyama and Katarina Srebotnik 1-6, 6-4, 3-6. Tough loss there for Domi. She and Virginie Razzano came back nicely after a bad first set, but unfortunately couldn`t keep it going in the third set. Regardless of the result of today`s match, i`m very proud of Domi for making her best run at a Grand Slam. Hopefully this will translate over to singles.

So it was a mixed bag today for a couple of our remaining hotties in Flushing Meadows. Tomorrow Flavia returns to action for her quarterfinal match against Dinara Safina, which will be the first singles match of the day. Obviously this will be a very tough match for Flavia in her third meeting of the year against Dinara, who won both of their previous matches this year, including their last meeting in the finals in L.A. recently where she won 6-4, 6-2. I think Flavia needs to come out playing loose since all of the pressure is on Dinara and keep the match as close as possible. Hopefully she will give a good effort tomorrow.

Anyway here are some pics from JJ`s match along with some pics of Masha at a autograph signing for Wii: Top Spin 3 in Nintendo World Store in Rockefeller Plaza last week.

There`s the nice winner`s smile we love to see.

Good job JJ.

Masha looked mighty good at the signing. These pics are further proof of why she`s a real life Amazon goddess.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well Flavia`s run at the US Open came to an end today as she was defeated by Dinara Safina 2-6, 3-6. Not much of a surprise there. Flavia got off to a bad start, falling behind 0-3 to start the first set. Then in the second set, Flavia showcased some nice shot making to get the break to go up 2-1. Unfortunately she got broken back and from there it was all downhill for Flavia. She put in a good effort, but just couldn`t withstand Dinara`s good play once again. Still i`m very proud of Flavia for putting together her best ever run in a Grand Slam. Hopefully this will give her some good momentium into the stretch run of the season.

In other news, Elena and Vera Z were selected to be on Team Russia for next week`s Fed Cup final against Spain. I`m happy for Elena and Vera that they will get to play in the Fed Cup final. Hopefully they can help Team Russia continue their dominance in Fed Cup.

Lastly i`m sure some of y`all are wondering why Ashley didn`t play in the US Open. I think this article will explain why:

Ashley Harkleroad Pregnant
FRIDAY, AUG 29. - American player and playmate Ashley Harkleroad didn’t pull out of the US Open with a back injury, but because she is pregnant, the Fed Cup heroine confirmed to the WTA on Friday.
Harkleroad, who lives with her boyfriend and coach former ATP pro Chuck Adams in L.A., is believed to be at least six weeks pregnant. Her last event was Los Angeles at the end of the July, around the same time that she became the first tennis player to appear on the cover of Playboy, for which she was paid an estimated $250,000. The 23-year-old, who had to undergo emergency surgery to remove one of her ovaries back in April, is said to be thrilled.

Well Ashley`s year certainly has been very eventful to say the least. Congrats to her and Chuck. Hopefully the baby will follow in his or her parents` footsteps.

Anyway here are some pics from Flavia`s match.

Flavia showing her feistiness.

However it quickly turned into frustration.

Regardless of what happened today, congrats on your best Grand Slam Flavia.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know what it is, but I haven't kept up with the US Open at all. I mean, if Masha were making a run, i'm sure i'd be watching, but I haven't watched a single minute of play this year.

Congrats to Ashley, i'd say that puts her into retirement from tennis. She can come back, but as someone that never made it to the top, this'd put a damper on that dream.