Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here is an update on the early matches in Tokyo.

First of all, our title hopes took a big hit as Masha was upset by hometown favorite Kimiko Date-Krumm 5-7, 6-3, 3-6. I had a bad feeling about this match when the draw, but still this is a pretty disappointing performance from Masha. She was really struggling with her serve throughout the match as evident by the twelve double faults she had. We had a glimmer of hope when Masha elevated her play to win the second set, but unfortunately her serving troubles resurfaced in the third set, which pretty much doomed her chances. I really don`t know what else is there to say other than this is very disappointing step backward to see Masha having a rare first round loss, which will be very costly to her in the ranking since she will be losing a lot of points from when she won the title last year.

We got much better news in the next match where Aggie defeated Olga Govortsova 6-2, 6-3. Good win for Aggie. It`s nice to see her delivering a pretty good performance, which is a good start for her.

So that`s the story on the early matches in Tokyo. Right now the JJ-Alona is in progress with JJ leading 6-4, 3-1. Hopefully Alona can find a way to make the match more competitive. Following that match, Ana will take on Alisa Kleybanova. Hopefully Ana can redeem herself after her early exit in Seoul.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

New thread!