Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Woot, wtg Elena

Caroline/Flavia should be a really good match, Caroline just needs to stay composed, or Flavia will eat her up.

You might want to keep your cell on tonight, just in case Kat needs a late night rubdown on that thigh
Old 08-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I always keep my cell on just in case, especially late at night. Of course i would do a rubdown for Alona too if you wants me to.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well it`s been nothing but rain in New Haven today. Judging from what i`ve seen in the forecast, it looks like the semifinals will be postponded until tomorrow.

Meanwhile in other news, Dani has signed a new clothing and apparel deal with Adidas, which was announced earlier today. Of course we saw a hint of it in the practice pic of her that i posted yesterday. Dani had a pretty good run with Nike, but it was increasingly obvious that her position with the company was going downhill in the last couple of years, especially with the emergence of Vika. It`s nice to see her joining Adidas, which will be a nice addition to their team along with Ana, Caroline, Sabine and Makiri. I hope that Adidas will give Dani some good outfits, starting at the US Open. Of course they have to feature some nice pokies not just with Dani, but also their other hotties, especially Caroline. It`s time we got to see some pokies from her.

So that`s the latest news. Here are some pics of Masha from a Cole Haan event earlier this week along with another practice pic of her and a pic of Caroline and the Radwanska sisters.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

After a few hours of rain delay, the Pilot Pen ladies` semifinals was moved to the indoor court at Yale earlier this evening.

First of all in the latest all hotties matchup, Caroline defeated Flavia 6-4, 6-1. Good win for Caroline. She didn`t exactly have her best performance tonight, but played well enough to get the win. As for Flavia, this was a disappointing performance from her, especially in the second set. Hopefully she can work on this before the US Open next week.

In the next match, Elena upset Amelie Mauresmo 5-7, 6-1, 6-2. Good win for Elena. She had a chance to serve for the first set up 5-4, but was broken and then last next three games and the set. However Elena picked herself up and dominated the last two sets. This was a very impressive win for Elena. I`m very pleased with how strong she played in the last two sets. A while ago she would`ve crumbled mentally after blowing a golden opportunity in the first set, but Elena did a great job of showing a lot of poise.

So in all it was pretty good day for some of our favorites in a rain soaked day in New Haven. Now we`ll have an all hotties final for the second straight year in New Haven where Caroline will take on Elena. This will be their third meeting of the year with Elena upsetting Caroline in Auckland at the beginning of the year and Caroline beating Elena in a pretty good match at Ponte Vedra Beach. Both ladies has been playing well this week. I think that this could be a pretty good match. Hopefully they`ll be able to play it, which looks very doubtful, at least on the main court with more rain later today. So it looks like it`ll either played in the indoor court at Yale or postponded until Sunday.

Anyway here are some pics from tonight`s matches.

Poor Flavia. I think that she`s going to be needing some late night consoling.

Good job Caroline.

Elena showing some frustration. I love her feistiness.

Plus i must add that she looks very hot in that outfit.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

After being delayed by rain, the Pilot Pen women`s final was played earlier today and for the second year in a row, Caroline wins the title with a 6-2, 6-4 win over Elena.

Good win for Caroline.

She deliver another pretty good performance in winning her third singles title of the year. I`m really pleased with the way she played throughout the week, especially since she didn`t lose a set.

As for Elena, obviously this was a disappointing end to the tournament for her. Still i don`t think that she has anything to be ashamed of. She played very well throughout the match in getting some big wins to make it to her second final.

So it was another pretty good tournaments for some of our favorites with Caroline, Elena and Flavia making great runs. Hopefully they can keep it going at the US Open. Plus Iveta will be playing in the women`s doubles final later this evening, where she and Lucie Hradecka will take on Nuria Llagostera Vives and Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez. Obviously this will be a very tough match for Iveta and Lucie Hradecka going up against the tough Spaniards, but at the same time, this is a great opportunity for Iveta. I really hope that she can make the most of it.

I`ll have an update on that match later tonight along with the draw for the US Open.

In the meantime, here are some pics from today`s match along with a pic of Masha at Arthur Ashe Kids` Day in Flushing Meadows.

Caroline and Elena are obviously making some plans for a future double date with us.

Congrats on winning your third singles title of the year Caroline.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here`s an update on the Pilot Pen Tennis women`s doubles final earlier this evening.

Unfortunately Iveta came up short of the title as she and Lucie Hradecka were defeated by Nuria Llagostera Vives and Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez 2-6, 5-7. Tough loss there for Iveta. She and Lucie Hradecka improved their play in the second set, but unfortunately didn`t have enough for the Spaniards. While it was nice to see Iveta have another pretty good run in doubles, at the same time, it`s a bit frustrating to see her good play not rewarded with a title. I think that she`s due to win one sooner or later.

So Iveta`s match concludes the Pilot Pen Tennis in New Haven. Next up will be the US Open. Here is the draw for it:

US Open women`s singles:

Dinara Safina [1] vs. Olivia Rogowska
Urszula Radwanska vs. Kristina Barrois
Tathiana Garbin vs. Mallory Cecil
Petra Kvitova vs. Alisa Kleybanova [27]

Patty Schynder [19] vs. Lucie Safarova
Sara Errani vs. Arantxa Rus
Shuai Peng vs. Jarmila Groth
Yanina Wickmayer vs. Virginie Razzano [16]

Ana Ivanovic [11] vs. Katya Bondarenko
Sheney Perry vs. Monica Niculescu
Anastasia Rodionova vs. Lourdes Domingues Lino
Aravane Rezai vs. Sabine Lisicki [23]

Alona Bondarenko [30] vs. Alla Kudryatseva
Gisela Dulko vs. Ekaterina Makarova
Yaroslava Shvedova vs. Masa Zec-Peskiric
Roberta Vinci vs. Jelena Jankovic [5]

Elena Dementieva [4] vs. Camille Pin
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs. Melanie Oudin
Polona Hercog vs. Christina McHale
Tsvetana Pironkova vs. Maria Sharapova [29]

Jie Zheng [21] vs. Anna-Lena Groenefeld
Alize Cornet vs. Monika Adamczak
Eva Hrdinova vs. Julie Coin
Katarina Srebotnik vs. Nadia Petrova [13]

Caroline Wozniacki [9] vs. Galina Voskoboeva
Petra Martic vs. Severine Bremond
Kristina Mladenovic vs. Stephanie Dubois
Ayumi Morita vs. Sorana Cirstea [24]

Agnes Szavay [32] vs. Shahar Peer
Varvara Lepchenko vs. Carla Suarez Navarro
Tammy Tanasugarn vs. Anastasija Sevastova
Julia Goerges vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova [6]

---------------

Vika Azarenka [8] vs. Alex Dulgheru
Marta Domachowska vs. Barbora Zahlavova Strycova
Alberta Brianti vs. Stephanie Vogele
Yvonne Meusburger vs. Francesca Schiavone [26]

Li Na [18] vs. Ioana Raluca Olaru
Michelle Larcher de Brito vs. Mathilde Johansson
Maria Kirilenko vs. Mariya Koryttseva
Patricia Mayr vs. Aga Radwanska [12]

Marion Bartoli [14] vs. Rossana Neffa de los Rios
Vika Kutuzova vs. Kim Clijsters
Kirsten Flipkens vs. Jelena Dokic
Gail Brodsky vs. Anabel Medina Garrigues [20]

Kaia Kanepi [25] vs. Kai-Chen Chang
Magdalena Rybarikova vs. Tetreault
Bethanie Mattek Sands vs. Iveta Benesova
Vera Dushevina vs. Venus Williams [3]

Vera Zvonareva [7] vs. Nuria Llagostera Vives
Yurika Sema vs. Anna Chakvetadze
Carly Gullickson vs. Jill Craybas
Lucie Hradecka vs. Elena Vesnina [31]

Amelie Mauresmo [17] vs. Tatjana Malek
Aleksandra Wozniak vs. Laura Granville
Olga Govortsova vs. Sania Mirza
Edina Gallovits vs. Flavia Pennetta [10]

Samantha Stosur [15] vs. Ai Sugiyama
Vania King vs. Anastasia Yakimova
Timea Bacsinszky vs. Vesna Manasieva
Meghann Shaughnessy vs. Daniela Hantuchova [22]

Sybille Bammer [28] vs. Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez
Angelique Kerber vs. Andrea Petkovic
Melinda Czink vs. Maria Elena Camerin
Alexa Glatch vs. Serena Williams [2]

First of all, Masha will take on Tsvetana Pironkova in the first round. Her section looks favorable early on, but we`ll get much tougher with a likely third round match against Elena Dementieva. If Masha can get past that match, then she`ll likely go on a nice run.

In the top section, Ula will start out against Kristina Barrois. This match is a bit of a tossup. If Ula can get past this match, she`ll most likely face Dinara Safina in the second round.

A little lower down the draw, we`ll have an all hotties first round matchup between Ana and Kat. I think that this match is a tossup with Ana`s struggles and Kat suffering a thigh strain a few days ago. Also Sabine will make her return to action against Aravane Rezai. It`ll be interesting to see how Sabine will look after being out since L.A. due to her shoulder injury.

In the next section, JJ has a tougher than usual first round match against Roberta Vinci, while Alona and Gisela`s matches are a bit more favorable looking. JJ will be the favorite in the section due to her improved play, but she`ll have to watch out for Alona.

A little lower in the draw, Caroline and Sorana both have favorable looking sections and are likely to meet up in the third round.

Moving downward, Makiri and Aggie could meet up in the second round in their section, while Michelle has another one of those tossup matches against Mathilde Johansson.

One of the bottom section will feature three of Team Russia`s finest. Vera Z, Anna and Elena all have favorable looking first round matches, with Vera and Anna liking meeting up in the second round and the winner of that match likely facing Elena in the third round.

Lastly Flavia and Dani has favorable looking first round matches. Flavia has a good chance of making another nice run, while Dani`s road is tougher.

Overall i like how the draw for our favorites. For the most part, they get to avoid the Williams sisters and Dinara Safina early on. Right now i think that Vika, Flavia, JJ and Caroline are our best hopes in the US Open. Ana and Masha are the wildcats. If Ana can find a way to rediscover the good play she had over a year ago and Masha can get past Elena Dementieva in the third round, then they both have great chances of making nice runs. I really hope that all of our favorites will do well in the US Open. It would be nice to see a lot of them making nice runs in Flushing Meadows.

Anyway here are some pics of Vera Z, the Radwanska sisters, Sabine and Makiri at a couple of pre US Open parties.

Vera looked very lovely as usual.

Nice to see her go with the casual look.

She looks better in this outfit.

Nice to see Aggie and Ula turning up again. However i don`t like how Ula`s hair looks.

Sabine also turned it up too.

Makiri looking very lovely too.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 08-30-2009 at 11:55 AM
Old 08-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry about the double post.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

The ladies are looking pretty delicious in their party gear. A party like that would be like being a kid in a candy store
Old 08-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I`m in full agreement with you on that Chris. I`m sure a lot of guys that attends these parties would be fumbling their words trying to come up with the pickup lines they`ve been rehearsing.

Alright here is the schedule for tomorrow`s matches at the US Open. Most of our favorites` matches look favorable. I really hope that they`ll all do well tomorrow. Plus it would be nice to see Dani finally break the first round jinx at Flushing Meadows.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

My "close enough odds to bet on" picks for day one are: Sania, Ula, Ana, and Makiri. Let's go ladies
Old 08-31-2009, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope for your sake that those ladies will all do well. Of course i think that they`re taking a big risk picking Sania and Ula.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:19 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, Sania is listed as an underdog.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well Chris you`re off to a good start as Makiri crushed Mariya Koryttseva 6-2, 6-1. Good win for Makiri. Obviously she had a very good performance. Also Vika crushed Alexandra Dulgheru 6-1, 6-1 and Aggie routed Patricia Mayr 6-1, 6-2. Good wins for those ladies.

So that`s the story on the early matches. Still to come are Sania, Flavia, Vera Z, Anna, Marta, Elena and Dani. Hopefully those ladies will do well in their matches.

Anyway here are some pics from the early matches.

Aggie`s outfit isn`t bad looking. However i`m worried about her wrist.

Vika looks very hot in her new outfit.

Good job Vika.

I also love Makiri`s new outfit.

Good job Makiri.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here`s an update on most of the late afternoon matches at the US Open.

First of all, Flavia and Vera Z both won their first round matches against Edina Gallovits and Nuria Llagostera Vives respectively 6-0, 6-4. Good wins for those two. Nice to see with start out with solid performances.

Also Elena defeated Lucie Hradecka 6-4, 7-6(5); Michelle defeated Mathilde Johansson 1-6, 7-5, 6-1; Sania defeated Olga Govortsova 6-2, 3-6, 6-3 and Anna defeated Yurika Sema 4-6, 6-1, 6-2. Good wins for those ladies. I`m very pleased to see them pulling these tough matches, especially Michelle and Sania.

Unfortunately it wasn`t all good news as Iveta was defeated by Bethaine Mattek-Sands 3-6, 4-6 and Marta was defeated by Barbora Zahlavova Strycova 6-2, 2-6, 3-6. Disappointing results there for those ladies.

So that`s the story on the late afternoon matches in Flushing Meadows. Dani is currently taking on Meghann Shaughnessy. She won the first set 6-2 and is trailing 3-5 in the second set. I really hope that Dani can pull through and end her first round jinx at Flushing Meadows.

Anyway here are some pics from some of the late afternoon matches.

I`m not feeling Iveta`s new outfit.

I also don`t like Vera`s outfit,

mainly due to the terrible color combination.

Anna`s outfit looks pretty good.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dani completed her first round match against Meghann Shaughnessy and came out with a 6-2, 4-6, 6-1 win. Good win for Dani. It was another typical performance from her where she had a tough time with a lower ranked player, but she did a good job of stepping up her play in the third set. I`m happy for Dani that she finally ended the first round jinx at the US Open.

So in all it was a pretty good day for most of our favorites in the first day of action at the US Open.

Here is the ladies doubles draw that was released yesterday:

US Open women`s doubles:

Cara Black ZIM (1)/Liezel Huber USA (1) v Christina McHale USA/Asia Muhammad USA
Iveta Benesova CZE/Barbora Zahlavova Strycova CZE v Timea Bacsinszky SUI/Alize Cornet FRA
Olga Govortsova BLR /Alla Kudryavtseva RUS v Melinda Czink HUN/Natalie Grandin RSA
Vera Dushevina RUS/Anastasia Rodionova AUS v Raquel Kops-Jones USA (15)/Abigail Spears USA (15)

Vania King USA (12)/Monica Niculescu ROU (12)v Lucie Safarova CZE/Galina Voskoboeva KAZ
Liga Dekmeijere LAT/Julie Ditty USA v Alicia Molik AUS/Meghann Shaughnessy USA
Sarah Borwell GBR/Jill Craybas USA v Camille Pin FRA/Carla Suarez Navarro ESP
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova RUS/Yanina Wickmayer BEL v Nuria Llagostera Vives ESP (6)/Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez ESP (6)

Samantha Stosur AUS (3)/Rennae Stubbs AUS (3) v Lauren Albanese USA/Angela Haynes USA
Maria Elena Camerin ITA/Anna Chakvetadze RUS v Andrea Hlavackova CZE/Lucie Hradecka CZE
Petra Kvitova CZE/Olga Savchuk UKR v Gisela Dulko ARG/Shahar Peer ISR
Ekaterina Dzehalevich BLR/Renata Voracova CZE v Sania Mirza IND (14)/Francesca Schiavone ITA (14)

Anna-Lena Groenefeld GER (9)/Patty Schnyder SUI (9) v Maret Ani EST/Kaia Kanepi EST
Klaudia Jans POL/Alicja Rosolska POL v Akgul Amanmuradova UZB/Darya Kustova BLR
Shenay Perry USA/Lisa Raymond USA v Virginie Razzano FRA/Agnes Szavay HUN
Kristie Ahn USA/Courtney Dolehide USA v Bethanie Mattek-Sands USA (8)/Nadia Petrova RUS (8)

Daniela Hantuchova SVK (5)/Ai Sugiyama JPN (5) v Sandra Klemenschits AUT/Aravane Rezai FRA
Agnieszka Radwanska POL/Urszula Radwanska POL v Ipek Senoglu TUR/Yaroslava Shvedova KAZ
Jarmila Groth AUS /Janette Husarova SVK v Edina Gallovits ROU/Magdalena Rybarikova SVK
Sara Errani ITA/Flavia Pennetta ITA v Zi Yan CHN (11)/Jie Zheng CHN (11)

Victoria Azarenka BLR (16)/Vera Zvonareva RUS (16) v Alona Bondarenko UKR /Kateryna Bondarenko UKR
Sorana Cirstea ROU/Caroline Wozniacki DEN v Sybille Bammer AUT/Julia Schruff GER
Yung-Jan Chan TPE/Katarina Srebotnik SLO v Kristina Barrois GER/Tathiana Garbin ITA
Julia Goerges GER/Arantxa Parra Santonja ESP v Serena Williams USA (4)/Venus Williams USA (4)

Su-Wei Hsieh TPE (7)/Shuai Peng CHN (7) v Chia-Jung Chuang TPE/Aleksandra Wozniak CAN
Alexa Glatch USA/Carly Gullickson USA v Polona Hercog SLO/Roberta Vinci ITA
Tatjana Malek GER/Andrea Petkovic GER v Mariya Koryttseva UKR/Tatiana Poutchek BLR
Ahsha Rolle USA/Riza Zalameda USA v Maria Kirilenko RUS (10)/Elena Vesnina RUS (10)

Alisa Kleybanova RUS (13)/Ekaterina Makarova RUS (13) v Alexandra Dulgheru ROU/Ioana Raluca Olaru ROU
Julie Coin FRA/Marie-Eve Pelletier CAN v Laura Granville USA/Vladimira Uhlirova CZE
Patricia Mayr AUT/Stefanie Voegele SUI v Sloane Stephens USA/Mashona Washington USA
Ayumi Morita JPN/Melanie Oudin USA v Anabel Medina Garrigues ESP (2)/Virginia Ruano Pascual ESP (2)

The draw looks very intriguing. The thing that jumps out at me is the all hotties first round match between the V Team and the Bondarenko sisters. Obviously this has the potential to be a pretty good match between two of our top teams. The winner of that match will likely take on Caroline and Sorana. Also Makiri and Elena and the Radwanska sisters will teaming up again. I think that those teams has the potential to make good runs if they can find the chemistry after not playing together in a while. Overall i think that the draw isn`t bad looking for some of our favorites. Obviously it will be very tough for them having to deal with the top teams like Black/Huber, the Williams sisters and Stosur/Stubbs. However we do have glimmers of hope with the V Team, the Bondarenko sisters and Dani. I really hope that all of our favorites will do well in doubles.

Lastly here is the schedule for tomorrow`s matches. Obviously the headline match will be Masha taking on Tsvetana Pironkova in her return to primetime at Arthur Ashe Stadium. This is a favorable looking match for Masha, but at the same time, she got to got come out strong right away. Also we`ll be having an all hotties matchup as Ana will face Kat. Like i`ve said before, this match is a tossup. It`ll be interesting to see if Kat will be feeling any affects from her recent injury and how Ana will look both with her play and mentally. Finally Sabine will be making her return to action against Aravane Rezai. It`ll be interesting to see how well Sabine`s shoulder will hold up in the match, which i think could be a pretty tough one for her. I really hope that all of our favorites will do well tomorrow and we`ll get a pretty good match between Ana and Kat.