Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Good to hear for DC!!

I'm going to the Sounders/Redbulls game next weekend, pretty excited for that. Btw Matt nice win Timbers had over the Sounders few weeks back that sucked! Ha
Kbxy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:40 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Sounders are doing pretty good in the standings at least.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:53 AM
Elite Fan

Saw the Sounders-Rapids game last night on NBCSN. It was a pretty entertaining match through. The Sounders eked out a win after going ahead before time ran out on the Rapids' comeback fight.

However, the moment of the night was Steve Zakuani coming in as a substitute in the 85th minute. The crowd was loudest when he got in the game. He and Mullan exchanged jerseys after the final whistle. It was a nice way to finally bury that hatchet.

Movietime Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:23 PM

Glad you enjoyed their match. Hasn't been thrilling around here. The Timbers fired their Head Coach & gave up 5 goals to David Beckam's team on Saturday. Next is vs. Chiva USA. Hopefully they'll play better defense this time.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Elite Fan

Feel sorry for Portland fans this year. That last result against Dallas was just devastating!

NYRB, otoh, are going from strength to strength. Two goals from Cooper got them the victory. However, they did get away with having a Philly goal disallowed because of an errant offside call.

My mind's now focused on the Olympics. It's going to be hard to pay attention to MLS during that time. Maybe I'll catch a couple of games if there's time.

Good news on the ratings front: SoccerAmerica - MLS television audiences on rise 07/20/2012

Old 08-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Elite Fan

Alert!

I want to let you know that a new player feature show will debut this coming Sunday called MLS 36. This show is about following a player for 36 hours (of course it's edited down to only the more relevant moments to fit a half-hour show), in the vain of NHL 36 and IndyCar 36.

The show will come on at 9:30 pm on the NBC Sports Network, right after the Portland Timbers-FC Dallas game.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:17 PM

Thanks for that info. Hope the show does well.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

Portland vs Seattle on NBC on September 15

This will be the first time Major League appears on network TV this year. Three are schedule for the season. The first will be this coming Saturday @ 3:30pm.

NBC Sports TV Listings & Livestream Schedule - Sports- NBC Sports

Just giving you a heads-up!

Old 09-12-2012, 01:11 PM

Thanks for that info. Hopefully the Timbers will be competitive in this match.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movietime Blues (View Post)
Portland vs Seattle on NBC on September 15
Ohh yeaaa Cascadia! Sounders baby
Old 09-18-2012, 05:11 AM
Elite Fan

SoccerAmerica - MLS ratings flop on NBC 09/18/2012

Maybe the Timbers being virtually out of the playoff race had something to do with it.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

Congratulations for Chris Wondolowski for tying the season-long goal-scoring record made by Roy Lassiter of the Tampa Bay Mutiny 16 years ago.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/228251...83359#49583359

So the regular season is over and the playoffs are about to begin. ESPN and NBC Sports Network will likely air the games. Here are the match-ups:

LA Galaxy vs Vancouver Whitecaps
DC United vs NY Red Bulls
Real Salt Lake vs Seattle Sounders
Chicago Fire vs Houston Dynamo

SJ Earthquakes vs the winner of Galaxy/Whitecaps
Sporting KC vs winner of Fire/Dynamo

Old 02-24-2013, 03:34 PM

The MLS Regular Season starts this week! Houston will play vs. DC United on March 2nd. NBCSN will air that game. On March 3rd ESPN2 will air the Timbers match against the Red Bulls at about a 4:30 P.M. Pacific Time scheduled start time.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:52 AM
Elite Fan

The MLS Cup wasn't all that long ago, huh?

Thanks for bumping this thread up.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the update Matt

Not happy the Sounders lost their home opener, but it's only the first game..
Reply   Post New Thread