Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Elite Fan

Watched both games. It was like a European atmosphere in both of them. Loved how the Sounders stood toe-to-toe with the Santos Laguna players. If the quality flows down to the rest of MLS, no longer can the Mexicans just waltz in and outplay the local sides.

Movietime Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't been keeping up with the Sounders. Who did they add to their roster this year?

I saw the Timbers play Philadelphia last week. Man, Kris Boyd was impressive. Looking for another win today vs. FC Dallas.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Didn't get to catch much of the Timbers game but I see they ended 1-1.

Really impressive play by Sounders last night compared to their embarrassment earlier in the week vs Santos
Kbxy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

The West is turning as many have expected: most teams are dominating. I think the unbalanced schedule this year is going to do the teams in the East a big favor.

Hey, have any you been able to find the NBC Sports Network channel so far?

Old 03-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah East conference has not gotten off to a good start at all..

Go here and enter your zip and it'll tell you what channel:
NBC Sports TV Listings & Livestream Schedule - Sports- NBC Sports
Kbxy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:55 AM
Elite Fan

Seattle-Houston is tonight! Arlo is back to his old grounds.

Thanks for the link. I already know the channel in my area. Saw the first two games there so far. The picture quality is great! Much more professional than Fox Soccer. Then again the latter is more focused on EPL and UEFA Champions League.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Who is Arlo? Haven't seen him play.

Man the Timbers were frustrating vs. New England. They gave up an early goal & that ended up being the only 1 scored in the entire match. Expecting some offense at home vs. RSL this week.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:25 AM
Elite Fan

Sorry.

I meant Arlo White, who did announcing for the Sounders last season. He has since moved over to NBC Sports, where he's the lead announcer for MLS telecasts. So he was going back to his old grounds for the week they were in Seattle.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OK. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:57 AM
Elite Fan

I saw the DC-Dallas game on NBCSN. It was a pretty entertaining match, even when I have no rooting interest in either of them. Nick DeLeon looks to be a real good pick-up for DC. He tallied one goal and one assist.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Have you been still watching MLS matches? The Timbers managed to win vs. San Jose a few days ago. Need another win vs. RSL next.

David Beckam has been suspended for 1 match because of his actions late in vs. San Jose last weekend.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Yes I have. I saw the San Jose-LA Galaxy game over last weekend. While it wasn't the most technical game it sure was entertaining. SJ had to come back from a 3-1 deficit to win that game. Another game I saw was KC-Chicago. The end was thrilling, as KC was trying to score to tie it up but didn't.

Looking forward to see what crazy thing happens this weekend.

Hey, I thought I would share an article from the Times about the increase of younger players from abroad who want to use MLS as a proving ground for clubs in Europe.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/05/sp...r=1&ref=soccer

Old 07-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the link. Generally I haven't been worried about players in this league moving to other countries & playing in different leagues, but more power to the ones that get to do that I guess.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

DC United is getting some new owners. This would, hopefully, allow the reconstituted ownership group to fund a stadium in DC.

Philadelphia 76ers minority owners to purchase DC United of MLS, sources - ESPN

Old 07-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats to them. Didn't know about their stadium issues.
Reply   Post New Thread