Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Loyal Fan

I just rewatched Nationals TWWW it is still so beautiful even after all those times!

I can't imagine going from being an elite athlete to not being able to put weight on one of your feet. It would be so difficult.
Go Jess! We know you can do it!!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for posting all the articles, BigBlueEyes

Seriously, as soon as Bryce starts practicing medicine, I'm moving to Canada!

It's great to hear, he's already at the gym and working for school, that should keep him distraced. Wow, working for more than two months on his upper-body strengh, he must look just -worthy when he returns. Even more than he does now

The Umbrellas of Cherbough sounds good for Jess in my eyes. I'm not very familiar with Britten, do you know any other progams he choreographed?

Last edited by queenoftypos; 11-16-2010 at 12:48 PM
Old 11-16-2010, 12:59 PM
New Fan

Good to have an update on how they both are doing. Seems like Bryce is in good spirits but I guess there are a lot of frustrating moments yet to come .
And I love that quote from Jess. So sweet. Glad to hear that she is missing him .
But most of all I am so happy to hear that he is expecting to come back and skate again. I was fearing the worst.

And I am still holding out hope that one day we will get a full video of their SOI performance last spring. If i remember it correctly it was recorded by some TV broadcaster. ?

BigBlueEyes, do you know what chances Jess has to make it to nationals? And I am also not familiar with Britten so I second queenoftypos question.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkibell (View Post)
And I am still holding out hope that one day we will get a full video of their SOI performance last spring. If i remember it correctly it was recorded by some TV broadcaster. ?

BigBlueEyes, do you know what chances Jess has to make it to nationals? And I am also not familiar with Britten so I second queenoftypos question.
The Canadian Stars on Ice will air on Dec. 7 at 9pm on CBC, according to Kurt Files. (As far as I know, it was taped in Hamilton, when D&D were guest stars.)
The Kurt Files - TV Schedule

Sebastien Britten was Canadian Men's champ in 2005. This season he choreographed Nabubari Oda's SP and co-choreographed Adam Rippon's LP.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the info, Meyers. Jess seems to be in good hands. I did a little research too and found out that he also choreographed programs for Joannie Rochette in 2004.

Last edited by queenoftypos; 11-17-2010 at 01:45 PM
Old 11-17-2010, 02:34 PM
New Fan

Thanks for the info Meyers and queenoftypos . Have to check these programs out.

Another french interview with Jess. Le nouveau d�fi de Jessica Dub� - RDS.ca Its a week old but has some nice quotes. At least going by the google translation .

Quote:
The training drew to a close. Another good workout for Jessica Dube and Bryce Davison, the couple's number one country in figure skating.

It was a good omen after a summer trying to put aside this other sixth Olympics in Vancouver. Ready for a fresh start with Skate Canada in approaching the new season. Then in an instant, everything turns into a nightmare.

"It was at the end of a workout, they executed jumps on our own. Bryce has landed a jump, I think a simple jump, and was injured. At first I thought it silly when writhing in pain, "said Jessica on the phone.

Result: Davison went under the knife to repair a broken bone fragment in his knee. Now he must restrict his movements for three months before starting his rehabilitation for another three months. And with all that, Jessica finds himself without a partner ...

"I really have difficulty with the situation. I quietly began to get used to the idea that we do not skate together this season. To be honest, everything was fine until this injury. We hit the wall, "says Dubé.

"Looking at Skate Canada, we thought we could do well. It pained me, "she adds, stating have been a few days with his partner after the operation.

Even if it digests slowly this situation, Jessica would not stand idly by just practicing alone. Bryce and a few others around him have strongly advised him to try his luck in singles.

"I thought it was too late since the season had already begun to Skate Canada but was told that I could participate in the sectional championships in early December in Mississauga," said the lady who just celebrated his 23rd birthday birth.

So from 1 to 5 December, she will try her luck against others across Canada to qualify for the Canadian Figure Skating Championships to be held in Victoria from 21 to 23 January 2011.

"Yes, I do it to keep fit, but you know I'm proud and I sure do want a good result," Dube admits that shortly before her.

Indeed, Dubé is engaged in a race against time. Within weeks, she must climb two programs, practice jumps she did not run for a long time in addition to finding his bearings singles. In 2006 and 2008, Jessica participated in the championships in singles. Each time she took eighth.

"Right now, I'm not the same level as the best in the country because I do not have the same level of items in my programs. The other train for so long, "she quips, referring to Cynthia Phaneuf, Amelie Lacoste and Samson Samson.

"For me, the goal in all this is going to the championships and go as far as possible. I do not know when Bryce returns on skates but I know that on his return, I'll be in great shape. "

This misadventure torque Dube-Davison addition to all those experienced since the beginning of their careers. Whether the operation Dube after the Olympic Games of 2006 or skating accidental face Dube during the competition of the 4 Continents, say they have already been unlucky side.

And who knows, Jessica tackles this new challenge without any pressure. She'll have fun while wanting to do well. Could she play in the beds of the best Canadian Victoria? "I do want to tell everyone that I do not start a new solo career. "

Even if she begins to accept Failure to couple skate this season, Jessica finished our conversation so philosophical. "In life, nothing happens for nothing."
Old 11-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkibell (View Post)
Another french interview with Jess. Le nouveau d�fi de Jessica Dub� - RDS.ca Its a week old but has some nice quotes. At least going by the google translation .
Thanks for finding this Inkibell! Little bit by little bit we’re getting all the details. It’s nice to know that Jess was able to stay with Bryce for a few days after his surgery and that he encouraged her to skate singles. I sent the icenetwork article to one my friends who is a J&B fan, and her first reaction was “OMG, Jess sounds so sad!” It’s heartbreaking to think of her hurting, but touching too because she’s not afraid to say publicly how much she misses Bryce. Hopefully this finally puts an end the rumours that they’re still not getting along, or that she doesn’t want to skate with him anymore.

I think Jess has a really good shot at making it to Canadians. She’s a beautiful skater, and to be honest, the level of ladies skating in Canada just isn’t that high. It sounds like they’ve decided to tweak her U of C LP after all, and just go with a new SP. Probably the smart way to go when time is so short.

About Sebastien Britten…….. from what I can remember, he was kind of a Jeff Buttle type skater. Really musical and entertaining, but a lousy jumper. David Wilson was his choreographer too. He was Canadian champion in 1995, and was also Joannie Rochette’s coach for the year Manon fired her. Barb I don’t think the info on Wikepdia about him doing Joannie’s choreo is correct. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure those programs were done by David Wilson.

Here is Sebastien’s SP from 1995 Canadians:

He’s done a lot of work with up and coming Canadian skaters. When I have a minute I’ll go through my Media Guides from the last couple of Canadians and see if any of the programs are on you tube. David Wilson talked about his collaboration on Adam’s program in this article:
icenetwork.com: News

Quote:
After considering several music possibilities, one morning Wilson suggested Tchaikovsky's music for the doomed lovers, and it clicked. Wilson also suggested a collaboration with choreographer Sebastian Britten.

"Sebastian was my first client, when I was very young and started choreographing," Wilson said. "I've been looking for opportunities to collaborate, and Sebastian has been particularly inspired by Adam's skating. After worlds, Sebastian emailed me his impressions of Adam's performances, and it was extremely in-depth and profound, and it really touched me. I felt like, you know what, I want to bring my worlds together."
It sounds like he thinks much the same way David Wilson does, so I suspect Jess will be quite comfortable with him since DW has done most of their programs.

Thank you Meyers for the info on the SOI air date! I had totally forgotten about it. I’m pretty sure that J&B were filmed because I remember reading somewhere that they were called to do a retake, but I can’t remember where exactly. Will have to hunt for the reference. Hopefully their performance will make the broadcast!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for those interviews. Its wonderful to hear that she is keeping focus and looking forward to this opportunity. I love that Bryce gave his blessings for her to compete in singles, it is lucky that she is a pairs skater and not a dancer where there would be no option but to not compete. She has a good head on her shoulders and I am looking forward to seeing what she comes up with in December! Not long to go now!!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers (View Post)
The Canadian Stars on Ice will air on Dec. 7 at 9pm on CBC, according to Kurt Files. (As far as I know, it was taped in Hamilton, when D&D were guest stars.)
The Kurt Files - TV Schedule
Oh glad that they broadcast the show ! I was waiting for that I love Jess & Bryce perfo at Mtl

"It was just about skating together and skating from our hearts and enjoying the moment for us and skating for the two of us," said Virtue
{ Noee }
Old 11-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Found the reference to the SOI filming. Watch the first minute , then go to 5:40

Old 11-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

New video interview with Jess! Jessica Dubé, en solo In case it’s geoblocked, I have also uploaded it here: Dailymotion - Jessica Dube Tellement Sport Nov 10 2010 - a Sports & Extreme video

Ack, help with the translation, please? I never could understand Jess very well. From what the person who posted the link on FSU said, Sebsastien Britten choreographed her programs, Scott helped with the transitions in the short. For the long they are using her music from 2008, but the choreo will be completely different. In the video it sounds like she says Scott was there for a few days to do the transitions for her short program. Did they also say it was Bryce’s idea for her to skate singles? It was nice to see Sebastien again. He looks great! Jess still looks and sounds a little sad.

Last edited by BigBlueEyes; 11-20-2010 at 03:03 PM Reason: new address for link
Old 11-21-2010, 02:14 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueEyes (View Post)
New video interview with Jess! Jessica Dubé, en solo In case it’s geoblocked, I have also uploaded it here: Dailymotion - Jessica Dube Tellement Sport Nov 10 2010 - a Sports & Extreme video
Thanks for posting this. Jess does seem a little bit sad . While I am excited now to see her skate her new programs it is weird to see her alone on the ice.
Sadly I can't help with the translation. Maybe someone else, please?
Old 11-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Loyal Fan

I will translate when I get home from work

Thanks for the vid of SOI Blue Eyes!! I can't wait to see that program in its entirety!
Old 11-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I will let Moncoeur translate it lol :p

My english vocabulary isn't enough ... lol
Intesting that Jess can go to Eastern championship without qualifing at a province Quebec competition...

"It was just about skating together and skating from our hearts and enjoying the moment for us and skating for the two of us," said Virtue
{ Noee }
Old 11-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm sorry, I'm not going to be able to translate tonight. Noee, if you wouldn't mind translating for us that would be great!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread