Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

omg I am just so happy Jess landed her sal!!!!!
I need to see this program ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

Their PCS seems low for some reason...
Old 08-07-2010, 01:26 PM
New Fan

Haven't been here in a looonnnggg time Anyway...told you I was going to try and get some goodies and I did lol Filmed the entire thing going to upload it soon. I just need to find my camera cable

The sbs 3x salchows : They were perfect hahaha !!!
I was amazed to see them skate. They were GREAT and seemed really focused!

They had their Carmen costumes on, but I guess it's because their new ones weren't ready?

As for the score it is of 56 and something but they are in first. I think the judges were pretty severe today though. One senior couple got 27

Last edited by *delilah*; 08-07-2010 at 01:44 PM
Old 08-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

omgosh delilah thank you so much!!!

Yeah I guess their costumes will be ready in time for Skate Canada
Old 08-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

*delilah*!!!!!! We missed you! I’m so glad you were able to get out and see J&B in the flesh. They are amazing, aren’t they? TV does not do them justice. Thank you sooooo much for getting the video! I’ll wait to see it before I make any comments. The bf is sulking (does NOT get the significance of today’s momentous event ), so will go pay some attention to him while we're waiting.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:56 PM
New Fan

Old 08-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh My Gosh! This is such great news to come back to! THE SALS! Omg i think i'm going to cry!
I was literally smiling from ear to ear and so happy that I even spelt my username wrong whilst trying to log in!
*delilah* you are the best! Can't wait to see it!
dominiquevp thank you so much for the photo and those gifs!
Val, thankyou for the new thread!!
and thankyou everyone else for being a J&B fan so I can have others to share this with!!

&
Old 08-08-2010, 01:00 AM
New Fan

was anyone actually there and get video of performance..?
Old 08-08-2010, 02:23 AM
Elite Fan

She landed the 3sal!
The scores don't seem that great though, but I'll wait until I've seen the video to judge about that. I cannot wait to see that video btw!
And sadly we can't see their new costumes yet, but I think their Carmen costumes were a good temporary choice.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:30 AM
New Fan

Sorry for the delay, I couldn't find my camera cable so I had to go buy a memory card reader. The video should be online in 15 minutes

Edit: Here it is !! Sorry for the shaking and the people heads in the way...I was trying to follow them skate while being stealthy but I guess it's better than nothing haha. The entire program is there !!

I absolutely LOVE their footwork sequence

Last edited by *delilah*; 08-08-2010 at 09:25 AM
Old 08-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you dominiquevp for finding that picture so quickly! They look so fit, tanned and happy! I especially love how bright Jess’ eyes are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncoeur (View Post)
thankyou everyone else for being a J&B fan so I can have others to share this with!!
&

Thank you again *delilah*!!!!! You are an absolute doll. I hope that the card reader wasn’t too expensive!

Jess & Bryce should be on the ice for their LP just about now…………….good luck guys!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to add: *delilah* you got the vid posted!!!!!! Off to watch now!!!!!!

Last edited by BigBlueEyes; 08-08-2010 at 09:53 AM
Old 08-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

*delilah* thank you sooooooo much!!!

I love it!! I think this program is going to be great for them this year because they can have fun with it. The footwork sequence looks brilliant!! & i love the ending pose

Anybody know why they only did a double twist? Was that only for this one competition?
Old 08-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

I could just die with excitement! That was so amazing! & when it was first announced they'd be skating to the Mask of Zorro, the first thing I thought was 'I want to spend my lifetime loving you' and what part of the soundtrack did they skate to? ....... Exactly!
Old 08-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Gah, everyone is bugging me this weekend. Go away people, I have a vitally important competition to follow and video to watch.

First off, thank you a million times for this video *delilah*. We appreciate it sooooooo much. The quality is great! You didn’t shake at all, and there are only a few heads in the way, which you couldn’t do anything about short of whacking them. This would NOT have helped you be stealthy.

So, on to the program......... I totally, completely, absolutely it. THIS is what we and the judges have been waiting for. I’m not at all worried about the score – this was obviously just a test drive and the double twist was definitely planned. It starts off EXACTLY the way I had envisioned it in my head after watching the movie. The footwork sequence is stunning. Boy, if anyone ever needs a reminder of what an amazing skater Jessica is, they can watch this. She is so smooth. And twizzles x2! I also love all field movements into the elements. This is for sure going to help boost their transitions score. Smart plan to start off with the sbs sals – they were beauties! Ditto for the throw loop. But best of all, they look like they’re having fun and loving skating together. I have to head off to the gym now, but will grab the protocol later and be back with more comments. This is such a great day!!!!!

Last edited by BigBlueEyes; 08-08-2010 at 10:53 PM
Old 08-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Elite Fan

Jess&Bryce's LP scores aren't known so far, but Duhamel/Radford (104,54) & Godin/Andrew's (73,58) are. They are so far apart! DD are up next so we'll probably know in a couple of minutes!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo Save Meღ (View Post)
Jess&Bryce's LP scores aren't known so far, but Duhamel/Radford (104,54) & Godin/Andrew's (73,58) are. They are so far apart! DD are up next so we'll probably know in a couple of minutes!
J&B ended up withdrawing from the LP. No big surprise really, I think they usually end up only doing one event. Still though.

OK, here is the protocol for their SP:

Overall it pretty much makes sense. The first thing that we have to keep in mind is that there is now one less scoring element (the pair spin). The base value for a level 4 pair spin is 4.50, so we can knock that off right off the top. The other thing to consider is that the judging panel here included only 1 judge that is qualified to judge at the international level (judge #4), so the PCS are probably going to be a bit out of whack.

They were given a 1 point deduction for a time violation (totally justified, IMHO). They lost 2 points for doing a double twist instead of a triple, 1 point for a level 2 lift instead of level 4 (looked like they missed 2 features, the difficult position by the lady & the difficult dismount) and .40 for a level 1 death spiral instead of level 3 (not sure why this was level 1 instead of level 2, the only problem I saw was Bryce not keeping his bum below his knee after the change of hands). If they had performed “normally” (usual levels, no time deduction), they would have scored 61.11, which is not that far off their adjusted personal best of 64.16, especially if you factor in a potentially higher program components score. So, in my long winded way I guess I’m saying it was a pretty decent performance for them for this time of the year. The End. Good thing they didn’t end up doing the LP or you would have had to suffer through a an even more tortuous analysis.

*delilah*, if you’re still lurking out there, are there any other little tidbits you can share with us? Did they have a good warm up? Were you able to stay for the autograph session afterward? No such thing as unimportant info!

Off to watch the video again just for enjoyment this time ...................
Closed Thread   Post New Thread