Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 07:55 PM
MST Manager

Go Figure *Updated 4/24/12*

I'll post new sports' figures here.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:55 PM
MST Manager

2 NHL rookies- Teemu Selanne in 1992-93 and Washington's Alexander Ovechkin this season- to have at least 50 goals and 50 assists.

27 Years since the Blues last failed to make the Stanley Cup playoffs; their 25-year postseason streak, which has snapped this year, was the longest active run in the four major U.S. pro leagues.

3 Pitches it took Oakland's Eric Chavez, Frank Thomas and Milton Bradley to hit consecutive homers against the Rangers last Saturday- the frist time since the Cubs in 2001 that a team homered on three straight pitches.

$23.9 million Operating profit of the Georgia athletic department, the largest of any public college program in 2005.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:41 PM
MST Manager

3 Consecutive years that Kaz Matsui of the Mets has homered in his first plate appearance of the season.

47,420 Age, in years and days, of Mets first baseman, Julio Franco, who last Thursday became the oldest big leaguer to homer.

$1.026 billion Estimated value of the Yankees according to Forbes, making them the first baseball franchise to crack the $1 billion mark.

20,000 Estimated number of free-flight vouchers distributed by American Airlines at the Mavericks' home finale at American Airlines Center on April 19.

$92 million First-quarter operating loss announced by American Airlines on April 19.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:41 PM
MST Manager

24 Games it took the Cardinals' Albert Pujols to hit 14 home runs, the fewest ever by a major leaguer.

15 Consecutive victories by the Devils, tying the NHL record for longest winning streak spanning the regular season and playoffs.

40 Pick with which Nebraska safety Daniel Bullocks was taken by the Lions in the 2006 NFL draft.

40 Pick with which Nebraska safety Josh Bullocks, Daniel's twin, was taken by the Saints in the 2005 NFL draft.

9 Officially recognized 900 series in the 111-year history of certified league bowling after Mark Wukoman, 50, of Franklin, Wis., rolled 36 straight strikes in his Saturday-night league on April 22.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Absolute Fan

cool info NikNak, especially about Oakland hitting a hom-run three times in a row.
jalapeno_wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:03 AM
MST Manager

Thanks.

It's usually some interesting stuff in SI, that's why I like posting it.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:02 PM
MST Manager

0 Strikeouts and walks by Mariners righthander Joel Pineiro in his complete-game win over the Twins on May 1, the first time since 1992 an AL pitcher has gone the distance without a whiff or a base on balls.

12 Consecutive road losses by the Royals to start the season before they beat the Twins 1-0 last Thursday, one shy of the major league record shared by the 1969 Houston Astros and the 1988 Baltimore Orioles.

3 Consecutive shutouts by Anaheim's Ilya Bryzgalov last week, the first rookie goalie with three playoff shutouts in a row since Frank McCool of the Maple Leafs in 1945.

4.1 Nielsen rating for Game 6 of the Suns-Lakers series last Thursday, the highest rated first-round game in cable history.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:10 AM
MST Manager

4 Members of the Yankees who have been named one of the Most Beautiful People by People: Alex Rodriguez (1998, 2001, 2004), Derek Jeter (1997, 1999), Bernie Williams (2002) and Scott Erickson (2000), who was called up from Triple A Columbus last Saturday; Johnny Damon was one of the Sexiest Men Alive in 2004.

1,768 Consecutive games played by New York outfielder Hideki Matsui (1,250 with the Yomiuri Giants and 518 with the Yankees) before he left last Thurday's game against Boston with a broken left wrist.

0 Wins by the Avalanche in its Western Conference playoff series with Anaheim, the first time in its 11-year history that Coloardo was swept.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
4 Members of the Yankees who have been named one of the Most Beautiful People by People: Alex Rodriguez (1998, 2001, 2004), Derek Jeter (1997, 1999), Bernie Williams (2002) and Scott Erickson (2000), who was called up from Triple A Columbus last Saturday; Johnny Damon was one of the Sexiest Men Alive in 2004.
"The Mets won the game? So what. My Yankees are prettier. And I have the stats to prove it..."

::groans::
-Bianca- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:05 PM
MST Manager

3 Games the Yankees have lost this sesaon in which they held a four-run lead, equaling their total in each of the last two years.

61 Points scored by the Cavaliers in their loss to the Pistons on Sunday, the lowest total ever in an NBA Game 7.

44.3 Percent of the Cavaliers' total scored by LeBron James (27 points), the highest percentage of his team's output any NBA player has produced in a Game 7.

.000 Combines batting average by opposing teams' cleanup hitters against Indians starter Paul Byrd this season.

.310 Combined batting average against Byrd by hitters in the other eight spots in the lineup.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:44 PM
MST Manager

69 Length of the Salisbury men's lacrosse team's winning streak, which was snapped when Cortland State beat the Sea Gulls 13-12 on Sunday to win the Division III national title.

5-4 The Royals' record against the Indians in 2006.

6-33 The Royal' record against other opponents.

9.88 Winning time of co-world record holder Justin Gatlin in his 100-meter race at the Prefontaine Classic on Sunday.

9.93 Winning time of co-world record holder Asafa Powell in his 100-meter race at the Prefontaine Classic; the two record holders, who have each run 9.77, have no plans to run head-to-head.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:26 AM
MST Manager

481 Consecutive games bowled by Dave Wilson, 40, of Mason, Ohioo; his 102-hour marathon for charity was two hours longer than the world record.

$1.9 million Amount given to David Beckman to write an autobiography- the 31-year-old's third in the last five years.

961 At bats between home runs for A's catcher Jason Kendall, who ended the majors' longest current dinger drought on May 31 with a shot off Joel Peralta of the Royals.

3 Percentage of the NHL's revenue derived from its television contract.

66 Percentage of the NFL's revenue derived from its television contract.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:08 AM
MST Manager

50 Walks issues by Orioles righty Daniel Cabrera this year, the most by any pitcher in his first 10 starts of a season since 1993, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

10 Games by which the Braves trailed the Mets in the NL East through Sunday, the furthest Atlanta has been from first place since 1993.

5 Consecutive home runs hit by South Carolina in the second inning of a 15-6 win over Georgia in an NCAA Super Regional game, tying an NCAA record set by Eastern Illinois in 1998.

3rd Finish by Idaho Gem, the world's first cloned equine, in the Winnemucca (Nev.) Mule Race on June 4, the first showdown between cloned and natural-born mules.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:45 AM
MST Manager

.700 The Marlins' batting average this season in at bats immediately following intentional walks to Miguel Cabrera; Florida is 7 for 10 when its third baseman has been given a free pass.

6 Major leaguers who have hit 300 home runs and stolen 300 bases: Barry Bonds, Willie Mays, Andre Dawson, Bobby Bonds, Reggie Sanders and Giants outfielder Steve Finley, who joined the club last week.

51 Unearned runs allowed by the Angels this season, six more than they allowed all last year.

.173 Differential between Orioles catcher Ramon Hernadez's home (.370) and road (.197) batting averages this season, the largest in the majors.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:43 PM
MST Manager

5 Rainouts at Fenway Park this year, the most the Red Sox have had at home in a season since 1989.

18 Home runs hit by the Phillies' Bobby Abreu before the All-Star break last year, when he won the Home Run Derby at the All-Star Game.

14 Home runs, in 145 games, by Abreu since the Home Run Derby.

4.2 million E-mails sent to FIFA by fans angered by the officiating in South Korea's 2-0 World Cup loss to Sweden, a deluge that forced FIFA to block all messages from South Korea.

4' 1.6" Height cleared by Bill Wambach, 80, at the Badger State Games in Madison, Wis., last week, a new U.S. high jumping record for octogenarians.