Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

Yeah it is Not sure how you're going to navigate that this season - Hamilton for the driver's championship and Ferrari for the constructor's?

Ooh, that must've been nice Yes I think so too. Wasn't that what the commentators (I rely on them so much, it's scary) said?
Old 09-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnightboy (View Post)
Gosia - it's sad really, Alonso's been driving brilliantly but the car just isn't as good as it used to be in past seasons. Yeah I could see how angry and disappointed he was, I would be too if I were him, he's looked quick and sharp in the practice sessions so this is a huge blow.
The worst thing is that even Fernando admitted, that because of that mechanical failure, he has lost the best chance of the season for a strong result. :| I mean, the car is bad and when finally it's more competitive, it broke down. And overtaking is really hard at this track, so it will be almost impossible to fight back if it stays dry. If it rains, everything can happen.

Hello Sarah!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

I know! It's a huge shame. Does Alonso do well in wet conditions though? And what's his position for the race tomorrow?
Old 09-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

Sometimes he's brilliant in wet, sometimes he crashes out. The fact that Alonso is so frustrated with this, makes me frustrated even more. He's 15th on the grid.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Moderator Manager

1:25pm...6 more hours to go! i bet my sister will be there early because of the crowd. i told her to be there by 3pm or 4pm for the drivers parade which will probably take place around 5pm?

oh wait. so Massa's pole? my mom texted me the wrong information. she said Alonso's pole and P2 is Hamilton and P3 is Massa. grrr, i have to go check online and not trust her next time.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 09-27-2008 at 10:38 PM
Old 09-27-2008, 11:12 PM
Master Fan

Oh such a shame, really.

Yeah tell her to go early! Does she have the walkabout ticket or is hers a grandstand ticket? And yes, it's Massa for pole, Hamilton in P2, Kimi in P3.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Kimi's in P3? oh god. my mom told me he was at the back! let me go and tell my mom off now...

my sister has the grandstand ticket. she has 3 ID tags which serves as her grandstand tickets.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Gosia, Hard!? I dont think.. Look!Yesterday Giancarlo fisichella found the one chance to overtake do u remember?? Fly

Anyway, Congratulations to Valentino for winning the championship (I'm going to open motogp thread )
Old 09-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Moderator Manager

well i'm going offline now to watch some HP dvds. and then going online again a few hours before the race.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm off to bed now too
Old 09-28-2008, 12:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnightboy (View Post)
Yeah it is Not sure how you're going to navigate that this season - Hamilton for the driver's championship and Ferrari for the constructor's?
Looks like it...

I'm still on a high on Rossi's title win this morning. He had such weird victory celebrations

anyways, back on topic...

Quote:
Channelnewsasia.com

Motor Racing: Singapore F1 track too bumpy, drivers complain
Posted: 27 September 2008 1940 hrs

SINGAPORE: The Singapore street circuit is too bumpy and a cause for concern, some of Formula One's top drivers say, but they are thriving on the challenge.

The island is hosting its inaugural Grand Prix and has been widely praised for putting on a spectacular show, but the city streets are proving problematic.

World championship leader Lewis Hamilton said it was twice as hard to negotiate as the more famous Monaco street circuit.

"Through certain corners there was lots of bottoming, and when you hit a bump it would throw the car around quite a bit - but it's an amazing venue," said the McLaren driver.

"It's a very physical circuit - more than I expected, actually," he added.

"You need to put a lot of work into the car to get a good lap. I'd say it requires double the energy of Monaco over a single lap. One lap around here is like two laps of Monaco."

His teammate Heikki Kovalainen is also wary about the bumps

"The track was quite bumpy. Perhaps we should also look at the pit entry - it could be quite difficult if a driver decides to pull into the pits at the last minute," he said.

"However, everything else about the track is fine. This place has got some difficult corners but I quite like all the sectors."

Ferrari's title challenger Felipe Massa agreed with Kovalainen about the pit entry.

"The entry and exit to the pit lane could turn out to be a bit critical in the race," he said.

"In general, the track surface has a lot of grip but in some points there are some bumps that are a bit of a pain.

"It is a street circuit which means you have to concentrate all the time as there is no margin for error."

Williams driver Kazuki Nakajima said the track was hugely challenging.

"It's a very tough track, hot and bumpy, probably the bumpiest track surface we encounter all season," he said.

"As a consequence, I think it will be a pretty demanding race."

His thoughts were echoed by Sebastian Vettel, who won his first ever Grand Prix in Italy earlier this month.

"Visibility is not a problem. Some places are darker than others and it's good fun," said the Toro Rosso driver of hurtling round the circuit under lights.

"The track is very difficult, but unfortunately the surface is very bumpy which does not make life easy. It is tough and demanding for both car and driver."

- AFP/yt
I have to agree totally. Even I myself when driving along that stretch after suntec towards ecp at 70kmh under normal conditions feels that the road can be improved further.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:17 AM
Master Fan

Less than one hour to go! How is the weather in Singapore? Is it raining?
Old 09-28-2008, 05:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by parasite33 (View Post)
Less than one hour to go! How is the weather in Singapore? Is it raining?

It did look like it was about to rain just before the race, but it didn't.

Holy smoke, Massa did a big boo-boo there at the pit stop!!! He just drove off in the midst of refueling!! with the host still attached! such drama! (edited: ok so it was the guy who held the sign-board was the cause, he stood aside allowing massa to move off. big pit-stop boo-boo.).

Last edited by +Sarah+; 09-28-2008 at 05:47 AM
Old 09-28-2008, 05:59 AM
Master Fan

*g* it started with nelsinho piquet's crashing to the wall just off bay grandstand... then massa's incident...then numerous of penalties. (and i think there's one incident where barichello threw his glove into the river unintendedly)

kimi's out. definitely not a night for the ferraris....

Last edited by +Sarah+; 09-28-2008 at 06:58 AM
Old 09-28-2008, 07:18 AM
Absolute Fan

T_T What a race!!?? o_O

BTW, Congratulations to Fernando.. He deserves it, I see him more peaceful than a couple of years ago

In the other hand, seriously the spanish reporters really sucks . I cant wait to the next year when it'll change the broadcasting channel u_U. I'm really tired of those... those...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread