Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2007, 06:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
so who do you think is the better driver: Rosberg or Wurz?
Well... Rosberg has future in F1, Wurz retired so it doesn't really matter now. Anyway I'll say Rosberg. Wurz qualificated awfully this season, he's probably an excellent test not racing driver...
Old 10-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
ele: you know, Ralf isn't one of my favorites in F1, especially his attitude. but i seriously hope for his sake that a top team gets him so he can save his career.
god, I hope nobody wants him and he'll drive in another series, he really annoys me. He's everwhere on German TV or at least his wife, she annoys me even more.

Quote:
What about Rosberg? Okay, he's not the most experienced driver out there, but 2008 will be his 3rd season in F1 so maybe he has enough experience? On the other hand I heard, that it was Wurz who mostly helped to develop Williams not Rosberg.
Frank Williams already said he'll keep Rosberg no matter how much Dennis will pay. But that's nonsense, if Ron Dennis pays enough he'll get him. But I don't know. Rosberg is young and I haven't seen his ability to develop a car yet. And his father Keke is an old of Frank Williams, I don't think he'll leave the team. And Heidfeld signed a contract for BMW and he isn't the guy who would leave a team and breaking the contract. *cough* Alonso *cough*

So there's only Vettel left. Nah, I'm kidding but I would really like to see him in the McLaren Team.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele309 (View Post)
god, I hope nobody wants him and he'll drive in another series, he really annoys me. He's everwhere on German TV or at least his wife, she annoys me even more.
oh god, i hate Cora. she's one of those annoying wives in F1, for me.

Quote:
Well... Rosberg has future in F1, Wurz retired so it doesn't really matter now. Anyway I'll say Rosberg. Wurz qualificated awfully this season, he's probably an excellent test not racing driver...
i'd have to go with Rosberg too. i think he's a good driver. but Williams was terrible this year. i hope they'll develop a better car next year. they were good during those Montoya days so i'm sure the team can still bring championship points if they develop a better car next year.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
The McLaren Formula One team today announced that it came to an agreement with Fernando Alonso that it would be in the best of interests of both parties to bring the relationship to an end. The Spaniard had an ongoing contract with the Woking based team for another two seasons. Fernando Alonso will now be on the lookout for a new challenge in Formula 1. It is very likely he will return at Renault. Team boss Flavio Briatore never made a secret of it he loved to see Alonso return at Renault.

"Since I was a boy I had always wanted to drive for McLaren, but sometimes in life things do not work out," Alonso said on the announcement. "I continue to believe that McLaren is a great team. Yes, we have had our ups and downs during the season, which has made it extra-challenging for all of us, and it is not a secret that I never really felt at home. I know there have been suggestions of favouritism within the team and people say a lot of things in the heat of battle, but in the end I was always provided with an equal opportunity to win. Today's decision allows all of us to focus on 2008, and I wish the team, Vodafone, Banco Santander, Mutua Madrileña and all the other team Partners who I have worked closely with during the year, the best for the future."

Ron Dennis wishes the driver all the best in the future. He said: "Everybody at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, especially McLaren's Spanish Partners Banco Santander and Mutua Madrileña and the team's title partner Vodafone, want to wish Fernando all the best for the future. He is a great driver but for some reason the combination of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and Fernando has not really worked out, and in the end we reached a stage where none of us could find a way to move forward. We all believe that our joint decision to part company is for the best, and we will now continue to focus on our 2008 World Championship challenge."
I think that is OK that he's leaving team which was not supporting him. But where he can go now? I suppose he must have a plan. Maybe Renault?
I hate the small talk and the empty days

Old 11-02-2007, 06:46 AM
Moderator Manager

well if Flavio wants him back...and i'm not sure if Fisi's staying? because Heikki is. we'll know soon!

Old 11-02-2007, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

Wow. Okay, it was expected but I didn't expect such an early announcement. I agree it's also the best solution not only for Alonso but for McLaren too.

Lindsay, Heikki still doesn't have a signed contract with anyone. I think no matter what happens, there will be no seat for Fisi in Renault in 2008.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The McLaren Formula One team today announced that it came to an agreement with Fernando Alonso that it would be in the best of interests of both parties to bring the relationship to an end.
that made me laugh it's so polite...

I'm sure he's going back into Flavios arm to Renault, the team where he was loved. Obviously that's very important for Alonso. I'm more curious about who'g going to replace him. There aren't many options IMO.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele309 (View Post)
I'm sure he's going back into Flavios arm to Renault, the team where he was loved. Obviously that's very important for Alonso. I'm more curious about who'g going to replace him. There aren't many options IMO.
yeah, Renault is possible to get him back. he feels so much at home there.

parasite: personally, i think Heikki is good with Renault. he seems to be enjoying the rapport within the team but who knows exactly? i don't know which team is interested in Heikki and it doesn't look to me as if he wants to leave Renault yet.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

Lindsay, I know, I know. I really hope Heikki stays in Renault, because I really like the guy, it's just he hasn't signed anything...
The problem is, that there're 2 racing seats and 3 possible candidates: Alonso, Kovalainen and Piquet Jr.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Moderator Manager

interesting with Piquet. but it'll be like a laugh when Alonso comes back to Renault, don't you think?

we're nearing the new thread! any thread title suggestion?

Old 11-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
interesting with Piquet. but it'll be like a laugh when Alonso comes back to Renault, don't you think?
Well, he's their test driver and Flav promised him a racing seat in 2008, but he didn't say where. Plus he's managed by Flavio.
Quote:
we're nearing the new thread! any thread title suggestion?
I don't have any good ideas...
Old 11-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Moderator Manager

and how about Fisi? if he's leaving Renault, where's he going?

i wanna start the new thread! i already have a title in mind.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Addicted Fan

Can't wait to see Nelsinho Piquet on F1! Another Brazilian dude!
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 11-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
and how about Fisi? if he's leaving Renault, where's he going?
I don't think he'll leave Renault. But maybe Toyota would be a good possibility.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Moderator Manager

new thread

Closed Thread   Post New Thread