Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Formula One Discussion Thread - We demand more rain-hit races!

Welcome to The Formula One Thread

On this thread we discuss the wonderful sport of F1. We post up to date news and the general info about the sport. We also talk about the drivers and the teams and what we like or dislike about them.

Our previous threads are:
Formula One is GO GO GO
Formula One #2 - To Finish First, First You Must Finish
Formula One #3 - Can Anyone Truely beat Michael Schumacher?
Formula One #4 - The Iceman Cometh
Formula One #5 - IF is F1 backwards
Formula One #6 - This Season Will Ferrari still be the team to beat?
Formula One #7 - Now it's unpredictable!
Formula One #8: It's no longer the Ferrari show!
Formula One #9 The f2003 GA... as sexy as an F1 car's gonna be
Formula One #10 ~ Kimi a world champion in the making
Formula One #11 ~ With every race Alonso's star is getting brighter
Formula One #12 ~ Watch Out When Juan is About!
Formula One #13 ~ We are Running Out of Races and the Championship is wide open!
Formula One #14 ~ It's Ferrari vs Everyone Else in the Tyre War of 2003
Formula One #15 ~ It Ain't Over Until It's Over
Formula One #16 - Michael still thinks that JV is a threat
Formula One #17 - Bring on more seasons like the one we've just had
Formula One #18 - A New Year Brings a New Season
Formula One #19 ~ A new season brings new rivalries
Formula One #20 ~ The cars just keep getting faster and faster!!!
Formula One #21 ~ Schumi is showing why he is a six times world champion!
Formula One #22 - Speed and Dangerous Situations
Formula One #23 - Still waiting for a McLaren win this season
Formula One #24 ~ The Year of the Renault Boys
Formula One #25 - apparently no thread title
Formula One Discussion Thread: A New Era Has Begun!

2007 F1 Calendar

18 Mar. 2007 Australia, Melbourne
08 Apr. 2007 Malaysia, Sepang
15 Apr. 2007 Bahrain, Sakhir
13 May 2007 Spain, Barcelona
27 May 2007 Monaco, Monte Carlo
10 Jun. 2007 Canada, Montreal
17 Jun. 2007 United States, Indianapolis
01 Jul. 2007 France, Magny-Cours
08 Jul. 2007 United Kingdom, Silverstone
22 Jul. 2007 Germany, Nürburgring
05 Aug. 2007 Hungary, Hungaroring
26 Aug. 2007 Turkey, Istanbul park
09 Sep. 2007 Italy, Monza
16 Sep. 2007 Belgium, Spa Francorchamps
30 Sep. 2007 Japan, Fuji
07 Oct. 2007 China, Shanghai
21 Oct. 2007 Brazil, Sao Paulo

2007 Driver Line-Up

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
Fernando Alonso
Lewis Hamilton

ING Renault F1
Giancarlo Fisichella
Heikki Kovalainen

Scuderia Ferrari
Felipe Massa
Kimi Räikkönen

Honda Racing Team
Jenson Button
Rubens Barrichello

BMW Sauber F1
Nick Heidfeld
Robert Kubica

Panasonic Toyota Racing
Jarno Trulli
Ralf Schumacher

Red Bull Racing
David Coulthard
Mark Webber

Spyker
Adrian Sutil
Christijan Albers

Super Aguri F1
Takuma Sato
Anthony Davidson

Okay, I hope no one minds I opened a new thread. I hope you like the title.

What-a-race!
Old 07-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the new thread, parasite! And the title is ****ing perfect!
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 07-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Moderator Manager

OMG. what a race!!!!!!! it got really exciting because of the rain! and then it rained again near the end of the race! 5 cars were out at the first lap. it was like a repeat of Brazil 2003 where they had to stop the race because of Webber & Alonso's accidents.

i'm really sad about Kimi. it was not his fault he was out of the race. at the same time, his first pit stop was a disaster because he miscalculated going into the pits so they put Massa in first. how surprised am i that Mark got as high as P3? well, probably if it wasn't for Kimi's failed hydraulics and i'm so sad about the BMWs! at least they were in the points. i swear, all race strategies were destroyed because of the rain. i was laughing at Renault when they were assuring Heikki that it was gonna rain because he changed into intermediates ahead of the pack!

and OMG. the Alonso/Massa feud before the podium ceremonies. you can see that Alonso shook his hand but then Massa was talking to him and was sort of furious. you can feel the tension at the podium and at the post race interviews. Alonso apologized but Massa only said "it's not my fault!" i don't know really who's to blame but it was really surprising to see drivers like that after a race. hopefully by Hungary, everything's all good since those are just racing incidents. they should both let it pass. but i bet if it was Alonso who was in Massa's place, he'd probably react the same way he did. if that was Kimi, he won't give a damn. and that's because he's Kimi.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Addicted Fan

I know, that's why the race was so exciting, all the strategies were destroyed by the rain

And I don't think that was anyone's fault, it was a normal touch. They were fighting for a position, they were side by side and accidentally they touched. I though it was completely normal. Alonso just made a big deal out of it.

And in this race Hamilton made all the mistakes he hadn't made the whole season
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 07-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
it was like a repeat of Brazil 2003 where they had to stop the race because of Webber & Alonso's accidents.
Exactly my thoughts.

Quote:
and i'm so sad about the BMWs! at least they were in the points.
I'm not, I find them lucky, extremely lucky to finish the race and finish in points! After that first lap incident between Heidfeld and Kubica I thought it was over for both of them, luckily it wasn't.

Quote:
i was laughing at Renault when they were assuring Heikki that it was gonna rain because he changed into intermediates ahead of the pack!
Me too. But they gambled and it rather didn't pay off - "it rains now or we're out of the points" - they've said something like this if I remember properly. Anyway I feel sorry for Heikki, he drove really good and didn't let Kimi overtake him, overtook Wurz and still he was just P8.

Quote:
and OMG. the Alonso/Massa feud before the podium ceremonies. you can see that Alonso shook his hand but then Massa was talking to him and was sort of furious. you can feel the tension at the podium and at the post race interviews. Alonso apologized but Massa only said "it's not my fault!"
I was quite surprised to see it too. And did you see Alonso pointing at his damaged body work, doing sth like - and then pointing at Massa's car? :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ðavid (View Post)
And in this race Hamilton made all the mistakes he hadn't made the whole season
And I must admit it was a pleasant view.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:36 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by parasite33 (View Post)
I was quite surprised to see it too. And did you see Alonso pointing at his damaged body work, doing sth like - and then pointing at Massa's car? :|
oh yes, i saw that. i wonder what's gonna happen next? those are just racing incidents. they should both let it pass.

Quote:
And in this race Hamilton made all the mistakes he hadn't made the whole season.
it obviously had to rain so Lewis can make all those mistakes.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
oh yes, i saw that. i wonder what's gonna happen next? those are just racing incidents. they should both let it pass.
They apologized to each other afterwards, didn't they?

Quote:
it obviously had to rain so Lewis can make all those mistakes.
*hopes it rains in Hungary too*
Old 07-29-2007, 04:31 AM
Moderator Manager

they did? i mean after the press con? btw, any news about the Mclaren suit? i haven't read any news yet.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
they did? i mean after the press con?
Felipe said this:
Quote:
Felipe Massa: "A second place that leaves a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth. I had driven a strong race right up until the last rain shower, then once I had the rain tyres on, I immediately felt vibrations which made the car very unbalanced. And that, after I had been really strong when it had been wet in the early stage of the race. In the dry, I managed to gradually make up ground on Alonso because the car was great. I was lucky at the start because I managed to stay on track when the conditions meant it was almost impossible, but then I was not so lucky at the end. But that's racing and I have to accept it. The discussion with Fernando? I was a bit on edge but then he apologized and that was the end of it. The positive side is that I have made up a lot of ground in the drivers' classification. There is still a long way to go this season and we have to be confident."
Quote:
btw, any news about the Mclaren suit? i haven't read any news yet.
FIA found them guilty, but decided not to punish McLaren, because there wasn't enough proof that McLaren benefited from Ferrari data. McLaren was warned, that if new evidence comes to light they might be excluded from championship. Strange.

Oh, I almost forgot, it's Fernando birthday today. Happy birthday Fernando.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:59 AM
Moderator Manager

really? its Alonso's bday today? well then, Alonso!!!

i caught a glimpse of Ron Dennis being horded by the press on tv so i don't know what happened.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Addicted Fan

That was too strange indeed. I mean, they are guilty and they're not punished?

Anyway, happy birthday to Alonso
Old 07-31-2007, 03:58 AM
Master Fan

Some news, from planet-f1.com

Quote:
Speed dropped in favour of Vettel

Scott Speed has been axed by the Toro Rosso team and will be replaced by Sebastian Vettel for the remaining seven races of the season.

Following his physical altercation with team boss Franz Tost in the immediate aftermath of his European GP retirement, it appeared to be only a matter of time before Speed was given that chop.

That, though, looked to be on hold as the American then tested with his team at Mugello last week.

However, the announcement finally came on Tuesday morning, with Toro Rosso also revealing that BMW test driver Vettel would replace the America.

"Scuderia Toro Rosso announces that as from the Hungarian Grand Prix, Sebastian Vettel will replace Scott Speed as the driver of car number 19," the team said in a statement.

"Vettel will drive for the team in all the remaining rounds of the 2007 FIA Formula 1 World Championship."

BMW team boss Mario Theissen wished his former test driver well for his future with Toro Rosso. "As our test and reserve driver Sebastian has carried out sterling work for us," he said.

"When he stood in for Robert Kubica in the USA Grand Prix he made history by becoming the youngest debutant to earn a World Championship point. However, the current testing rules mean that he barely gets a chance to drive for us.

"Now he has been offered the opportunity to get inside a Toro Rosso cockpit. We have sponsored and coached Sebastian over a number of years. To place obstacles in his career path now would go against our concept of talent promotion."

Timo Glock, BMW's second tester, will take over Vettel's role at the German team.
PS. I've just checked weather forecast for Budapest, and it predicts rain during the whole weekend. But I know it's still few days to go and forecast can change.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for bringing it over, parasite

Good for Vettel!

I really really hope it rains there. Even though McLaren seems to be doing better on wet track than Ferrari, it's a lot more exciting when it rains
Old 08-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ðavid (View Post)
I really really hope it rains there. Even though McLaren seems to be doing better on wet track than Ferrari, it's a lot more exciting when it rains

But this stupid forecast keeps changing like every few hours. I've checked it around 4pm and it predicted a lot of rain, now (11 pm in my time zone) it predicts none.

Hungary is the last race before the 3 week brake, isn't it?

Last edited by parasite33; 08-01-2007 at 02:43 PM
Old 08-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Addicted Fan

WTF?!

Yes, it is. =/
Closed Thread   Post New Thread