Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

No problem. I wonder how this role will exactly look. Will he be attending every race or not?
Old 10-31-2006, 03:49 AM
Master Fan

I can't see him staying away, to be honest.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by parasite33 (View Post)
No problem. I wonder how this role will exactly look. Will he be attending every race or not?
Not every race, I think. But I think he'll attend some of them, the most important ones(German GP, Italian GP...) at least...
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 11-24-2006, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

Ok, I know the season is over, but we can't let this thread die!

Quote:
GP2 champion Lewis Hamilton has been confirmed as Fernando Alonso's team-mate at McLaren for 2007.

The announcement ends months of speculation concerning the identity of the team's second driver and means the 21-year-old Briton will make his Formula 1 debut in Melbourne in March.

Hamilton said: "It's a dream come true.

""To be racing in Formula 1 with McLaren has been the ultimate goal for me since I was very young and this opportunity is a fantastic way to end what has been the best year for me.

"I have grown up with McLaren and Mercedes and wouldn't be where I am today without their continued support and guidance.

"However I'm aware that this will be a challenge and I know that there will be a lot of attention on me.

"However the team has told me just to relax, do the best I can and enjoy the opportunity.

"I will work hard to get good results."

Pedro de la Rosa and Gary Paffett have also been confirmed as test drivers for next year.
I guess it's not a big surprise, this move was expected. I'm really happy for Lewis it's good to see new talents on the grid who can challenge Fernando, Kimi, Felipe in the future.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:41 AM
Moderator Manager

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 01-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

I hope kimi will win the title , 'cause he deserves it ... but i also hope the mclaren will win the team title ... 'cause they haven;t won anything since 1999
Old 01-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya_lostris (View Post)
I hope kimi will win the title , 'cause he deserves it ... but i also hope the mclaren will win the team title ... 'cause they haven;t won anything since 1999
Yeh, but I don't think McLaren will win it...
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 01-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

anyway i still hope
Old 01-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Addicted Fan

And there's a chance for McLaren to win it! That was just my opinion... 'Cause they won't have great cars, but they will have a great driver, ya know? So...
Old 01-14-2007, 12:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

i'm still a little disappointed that kimi left the team...but anyway...Alonso can do the job also ...
Old 01-14-2007, 05:37 AM
Master Fan

I think it's going to be a Ferrari year since I don't think Fisico is able to win even with a good car and I don't see McLaren buidling this year a championship winning car.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

too bad that this season will have only 17 races ... i was hoping for 20 ,but maybe next year ....
Old 01-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeh, I know, that sucks...

Wow, have you guys seen the F2007?! Check it out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1.com

Ferrari reveal innovative F2007

Ferrari have unveiled the machine with which they hope to win the 2007 FIA Formula One World Championship. The F2007, which will piloted by Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen, was previewed to the press on Sunday afternoon.

The F2007, the 53rd single-seater built by Ferrari specifically to compete in the championship, has been significantly modified over its predecessor, the 248 F1. Its design was revised to accommodate new front suspension, which Ferrari say represents a “major conceptual innovation”, mainly in terms of aerodynamics.

The shape of the car’s side-pods and their openings have also been changed in conjunction with modifications to the cooling system, the radiator exits on the upper part of the bodywork, and a substantially different engine air intake.

The car has a longer wheelbase than its predecessor, while the rear is much narrower, taking advantage of a more sculpted shape to its gearbox housing, which is again made from carbon fibre. The gearbox itself, still mounted longitudinally, is fitted with an innovative quick-shift system (seven speeds plus reverse).

The rear suspension is similar to that on the 248 F1, but Ferrari are planning a significant development programme in this area as the team’s understanding of Bridgestone’s 2007 tyres increases. The car’s front and rear aerodynamic configuration is also expected to change considerably before the start of the season. The position of the rear view mirrors remains unchanged from the 2006 car, as does the exhaust system.

In accordance with new regulations that come into force this year, the basic structure of the car’s 056 engine remains the same as that homologated at the end of last season, with minor modifications to optimize it to the new 19,000 rpm rev limit. The engine continues as a load bearing member and is again mounted longitudinally.

The F2007 is just under 10 kilograms heavier than its predecessor, due the introduction of more stringent front and rear crash tests and the addition of a composite material structure to provide lateral protection to the sides of the driver’s cockpit.

The car is expected to get its test debut at Ferrari’s Fiorano circuit on Monday, with Felipe Massa at the wheel.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

Wow, it looks really mighty and impressive.

I can't wait to see R27 and new McLaren.

ETA: New McLaren is here, I totally forgot the premiere is today.

Also quite nice and the innovations are easy to see.

Last edited by parasite33; 01-15-2007 at 10:27 AM
Old 01-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Addicted Fan

parasite33: Yeh, me too!

I read in a Brazilian site that Felipe drove the F2007 this morning It was just for a few laps, to do the shakedown, to check if everything is working fine, ya know?
He said something like(I'm translating from the Brazilian article) "The car is very beautiful and it has a lot of differences compared to F2006. The front suspension, for example, changed a lot". He also said he's very motivated

And here's the new McLaren!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1.com

Wraps come off the new McLaren

McLaren have unveiled their 2007 challenger at an official launch ceremony in Spain. The MP4-22 was revealed to the press at Valencia’s Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias on Monday afternoon.
On hand to witness the car’s debut were the men who will race it, world champion Fernando Alonso and Formula One newcomer Lewis Hamilton, plus McLaren test drivers Pedro de la Rosa and Gary Paffett.

“The MP4-22 looks fantastic,” said Alonso. “Obviously we need to check how the car is from inside, as in how it performs, however from the outside it is without a doubt the best looking car I have ever driven.

“There are a lot of new things to take into account this year, not just my new team but changes to the regulations and the switch to Bridgestone tyres. So we have a lot to do, there are many things I have to learn from McLaren and them about me also. I cannot wait to get my hands on the car and start this process.”

McLaren hope the new car will put them back in contention for the world championship after a disappointing 2006 campaign saw them fail to win a race for the first time in a decade.

The MP4-22 will make its test debut at Valencia on Wednesday.
Wow, it's SO beautiful!
And it seems that Alonso and Massa both are very motivated and excited about their new cars!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread