Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2020, 06:22 AM
MST Manager

The thing is, my criteria for diversity has not much to do with skin colour. It's to do with culture, personality and accents too. I get scared that people are just going to look at people's skin colour and decide if they're diverse based on that. I hope I'm worrying unnecessarily.

It's nearly here.

I have set up my tv to record the F1 show tomorrow.

My brother and I enjoy texting each other about F1 so we will be able to do that again.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:33 PM
Moderator Manager

The problem with F1 is there's so much money involved that it again narrows it down to the rich ones only getting the opportunity. I understand what F1 is pushing for and it's never not wrong to be diverse & inclusive but in this kind of sport where money talks, it's hard to do. So in that sense, I do think F1 isn't giving opportunities to a lot of talent out there.

I'm glad F1 is taking precautions with Covid-19 seriously. Everyone is masked up. They even limited media and photographers and implemented social distancing. It's better to be safe than sorry. Australia was a learning experience for everyone.

Also it's been raining in Austria but weather predictions say that Sunday will be dry.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-03-2020, 01:39 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
The problem with F1 is there's so much money involved that it again narrows it down to the rich ones only getting the opportunity. I understand what F1 is pushing for and it's never not wrong to be diverse & inclusive but in this kind of sport where money talks, it's hard to do. So in that sense, I do think F1 isn't giving opportunities to a lot of talent out there.

Thanks for the tweets. I love the red masks.

It's great that they are taking precautions. We don't want it to turn out like the tennis situation. I assume the drivers won't be going to nightclubs.

Great rain! I would like a wet race but if it's not going to rain on Sunday, maybe we'll get a wet qualifying. We might get an interesting grid.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:01 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the tweets.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:40 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah they won't. I had read some tweets that drivers aren't allowed to go to nightclubs in Austria. Plus we're having a double race in Austria so they're all gonna be in the same bubble and quarantined all together which is good. I'm assuming they all got tested to be able to be there now and the rules they have implemented have been really good so far. Also I've just recently seen a vid clip of Sascha Zverev partying in Monaco after he said that he will be self isolating.

Quali today! Wow I can't believe I'm hyped for F1. It's been 7 months since the Abu Dhabi GP last year so it's been a while we haven't seen a race.

Damn, what the hell is this? I'm not a Merc fan but RBR is already complaining about Mercedes I see.

Old 07-04-2020, 02:22 AM
MST Manager

Yes, I saw that Mischa Zverev video clip. I think that some people don't understand what's going on.

Thanks for the tweets.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Mercedes 1-2 and Max at P3. Ferrari only lasted until Q2 and Seb was out as early as Q1. Racing Point lasted until Q3, like wow. AR did terrible at this track. McLaren did good but most especially Lando.

Very interesting how they did the interviews after quali and it looks like there's no post quali interview with the media anymore? I'm looking forward to the race later (it's already Sunday here) though it looks like Mercedes might have this in the bag if it doesn't rain.

Also I read from some Austrians on social media that most of the roads leading to the Spielberg track was closed in case some fans attempt to go and watch. They are really taking all precautions to keep everyone safe so we can all enjoy some races this year.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:04 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the stuff! I don't tend to take notice of the post match interviews on TV so I don't know if there were any.

I enjoyed the QF. Great to see Norris so high but disappointed about Kimi' s position.

I have just watched the race. Amazing. I really enjoyed it.

Shame about Kimi. At least it was dramatic, as was the race.

Well done to Bottas and Leclerc.

Well done to Norris.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:38 PM
Moderator Manager

YES! That what a wonderful race. Damn! So many retirements but most of it was due to engine or car failure.

I feel gutted for Kimi as I think he would've finished in the points if his wheel was screwed properly. Seb almost caught that tyre so not only did Kimi drove that 3 wheeled car safely, Seb also managed to escape that loose wheel.

I also feel gutted for Albon. He was P3 until that tussle with Lewis. And oh my the last lap. Because of Lewis' penalty with Albon, Lando was P3 and they showed him doing the fastest lap at the very last lap which was so nicely done by F1 it was a great ending. I was so happy for Lando because it's also his first podium. He really deserved that. Congrats to Bottas and Charles as well.

We're doing it all again on the same track next weekend! I don't mind. I miss F1 and it's good to be back!

Old 07-06-2020, 02:56 AM
MST Manager

Yes, it's a shame for Albon.

I'd forgotten about the extra point for Norris. That was great.

It was lucky that Kimi's wheel didn't hit anyone. I remember what happened to Massa a few years ago.

Kimi probably would have got at least one point if that hadn't happened. At least Giovinazzi got 2 points. Does Kimi still own part of Alfa Romeo? If so, those constructor points would be useful to him.

Great gif.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:56 PM
Moderator Manager

What was the one with Massa?

Yeah, last I heard he owns a part of AR. I'm hoping this weekend he'll score some points.

Only 11 cars finished and Latifi would've scored if we had another retirement. That's half of the grid retiring.

Old 07-07-2020, 07:23 AM
MST Manager

I thought that Massa had got hit by a wheel but, according to this Youtube clip, it was a spring from Barrichello's car. This clip is from 2009.

I hope that Kimi gets points too.

Yes, a lot of retirements.

It's a shame that Latifi just missed out on points. I hope he can get some this weekend.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:16 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the tweets.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for that. I vaguely remember that GP but I think that was the year JB won the drivers championship. From that replay Massa crashed head on and it looked like an "okay-ish" crash but then the medics had to be called and he had to be wheeled out from there so that was scary. Do you remember if Rubens/Brawn was penalized for that?

Guess who'll be back? I don't know what to feel about this honestly.

Old 07-08-2020, 07:14 AM
MST Manager

I can't remember if anyone was penalised for that.

Thanks for the news. It would be nice to see Alonso again. I hope he does well if he does come back.