Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2017, 07:24 PM
Moderator Manager

That means that most races work for your timezone since you get them at daylight. Most races for me I get them live at night over here. Heck even Singapore which is the only race that works in real-time for me.

I'll miss Brazil too but I can watch Abu Dhabi which is a much better time for me. Whew.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

good thing Abu Dhabi is the last one then

most races are between 6am-11pm for me, so it varies a lot. honestly, I'd like the night races to be live when it's nighttime here too cause I can adjust better and it's the same with the Amercian races. there's broad daylight at the race but here it's already nighttime so it feels strange, but what can we do

Old 10-25-2017, 08:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Most races are convenient for European countries as technically F1 catered mostly to European fans in the early days. For me, if they're in a certain country, they should adjust to the timezone of that country and not adjust to the timezone of European fans. So that all of us fans can miss a few races too.

I always miss the US Open tennis tournament but at least I don't get to miss the other 3 major tourneys so all is good.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

that's a good idea the international fanbase is pretty big now, they shouldn't just do it in our advantage. I'll probably neglect F1 a little this weekend because I'll be preoccupied with Stranger Things

tennis is different for me. I always drop everything and stay up late for the USO and AO matches luckily the other 2 work better for me

Old 10-26-2017, 07:42 PM
Moderator Manager

OMG yes to ST. I'll be *binge-watching* too. I'm already scared of the spoilers so I have to watch fast.

We're down one GP next year as Malaysia won't be back which means F1 needs another GP to come back to. I can't remember but I think we also don't have Germany anymore which was surprising as that GP attracts a good fanbase seeing as there are many German drivers on F1.

Old 10-27-2017, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I started early, too and avoided the internet completely til I was done

I watched re-caps of the practice sessions but it didn't look good for the Ferrari..

Old 10-27-2017, 09:00 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm down to the last 4 eps. I watched 5 yesterday, that's a record for me.

Oh dear. So either RBR or Mercedes for quali or the race tomorrow. Well, as long as they're finishing races and not retiring, I'd be fine with that.

Old 10-28-2017, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I had to finish it one sitting, but it was really painful

the quali turned out to be great despite the so-so results at the practice sessions I didn't see that coming on this track, and I hope that we can end the race like that tomorrow

Old 10-28-2017, 07:58 PM
Moderator Manager

OMG yes, Seb at P1 and Lewis at P3. If this is still their positions for the race tomorrow, then Lewis won't clinch drivers championship...yet. Might be at Brazil or Abu Dhabi.

I saw a reaction of Max's dad, they had a close-up of him when his son didn't make it to pole.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:29 PM
Moderator Manager

I missed the race but congrats to Max for winning the Mexican GP and to Lewis for clinching the drivers championship again. Happy for Kimi that he gets to take P3 but what happened to Seb? I heard about a first corner crash in the early lap but he didn't recover from that?

Old 10-30-2017, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

gosh, I was so bummed I forgot to write so, Seb was quickly overtaken by Max and Valtteri, and almost by Lewis too, but they bumped into each other and he got a damaged front wing while Lewis had a puncture. so they both had to go to the pit and started from the back. I mean..Lewis would've only needed to come in 5th even if Seb had won the race and he still would've been the world champ so we didn't have a lot of chances..I just don't like it when a title is decided weeks before the end of the season but congrats to Lewis nevertheless.

I loved this typical Kimi moment though

Old 11-15-2017, 07:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Kimi's doing good ever since they left Asia as he's been on the podium consistently. Ferrari is closing the season wonderfully but of course I would have loved it more if this was the case in Asia.

Massa retired (officially) this time. I'm still hoping to see him in races though, of course at the Brazil GP he'll be around. This was so sweet.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lindsaay, you're back!

the Brazil GP was a good race I know this win doesn't matter much anymore but it was still nice to see the team celebrate

Felipe's goodbye made me so emotional he's been no.1 for me for more than 10 years I started watching the sport rooting for him and I thought I wouldn't watch it without him there of course I thought he'd get at least one title and I'd be content with that.. also that he'd retire from the Ferrari I'll miss him dearly..

Old 11-16-2017, 11:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks! I'm going away for another vacation next month.

Awww, I'm sorry about Massa. I'd feel the same if it was Kimi. I'm always conditioning myself that every year is his last.

At least we're down to the last race and finally I'll be able to watch live. I hope Ferrari closes out the season on a high even if it doesn't matter.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

good on you

it's hard to quit when I'm still very much connected to the Ferrari, and probably always will be next year's gonna be so strange without him..

it's better to get the last wins even if it doesn't count, just to show that we can and so that we can still celebrate some achievements

Closed Thread   Post New Thread