Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2017, 09:52 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah and that too, he's not a young driver anymore so he can probably try and sign a contract for 2 years and then that's it for him.

Finally, race weekend! Right now I'm not sure if I can watch quali live but I can watch the race live on Sunday.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-22-2017, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think I'll only have to miss the FP sessions but the rest should be fine

Old 06-23-2017, 05:33 AM
Moderator Manager

I only watch FP when it's the Singapore GP cause that's the only race that airs in real-time for me and overall, we have better coverage during that race.

They just finished FP1 now. How many hours is the waiting time in-between the next FP?

Old 06-23-2017, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think it differs but this time it was about 3 hours later. they were kinda eventful. a couple crashed cars. I forgot how narrow this track was

the Ferraris could do better but the performance of the Mercs wasn't all that convincing either

Old 06-23-2017, 09:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Wow, RBR strong at this track. Yeah, the track is narrow much like Monaco. I guess we can expect more crashes on race day.

There's a castle on the track?

Old 06-24-2017, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah, I think it was near the castle where Perez crashed during FP1 and they could barely figure out how to remove his car

Old 06-24-2017, 07:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Congrats to Lewis & Mercedes for the lock out. What happened to Seb? I was expecting he'd do better than Kimi.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:28 PM
Moderator Manager

What a race. Whew. I'm glad I watched that one. So much drama.

Congrats to Honey Badger, Bottas & Lance most especially for his first podium!

So, what did you think of that Seb/Lewis tussle during the SC? We had probably like 3 SCs the entire race? So sad about Kimi's race too. Too bad he got a stop-go penalty for doing repairs inside the garage.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:21 AM
MST Manager

Amazing race!

Vettel He didn't seem to know what he did wrong! I'm sure it was the sideswipe that he got in trouble for, not the original hit. I don't think Hamilton braked, I think he just didn't slow down.

Great results for Ricciardo and Stroll. Bottas overtaking right at the end was amazing, we don't often see overtaking there so it was exciting even though I was hoping for 2nd place for Stroll. At least he was happy anyway.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

"Honey Badger"

I was really frustrated throughout the whole race but by the end I decided not to care cause there was no use and this way it was enjoyable, there were lots of funny moments.

I think both Lewis and Seb did wrong. I have no idea why there was a need for Seb to get back at Lewis cause it was only gonna cause him more trouble and it did. I think Lewis shoulda got a penalty as well whether it was intentional or not. rules are rules. and Seb deserved it too. he could've caused a collision with that hit..
such a shame about Kimi's race too, but I'm glad at least it wasn't anyone's fault. not the team's, not the car's, it was a race accident..

it's always nice to see new folks on the podium who really enjoy the moment and don't have to think about rivalries or anything that's why the race should be more open..with Ferrari domination of course but that's just my selfish self

oh and Bottas' 2nd place in the end, how cool was that? we really barely ever see that, the race is usually over in the last lap so that was really cool

and I think the highlight for me was this sentence that sums up the race perfectly, that even the McLaren had a chance for winning

Old 06-26-2017, 09:21 AM
MST Manager

Good quote from Alonso.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:55 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
Vettel He didn't seem to know what he did wrong! I'm sure it was the sideswipe that he got in trouble for, not the original hit. I don't think Hamilton braked, I think he just didn't slow down.

Great results for Ricciardo and Stroll. Bottas overtaking right at the end was amazing, we don't often see overtaking there so it was exciting even though I was hoping for 2nd place for Stroll. At least he was happy anyway.
He slowed down as he was trying to control the pace under SC. I think he also braked late so Vettel, unaware, hit him from the rear. Doesn't excuse Vettel going over to hit his left side. Bizarre behavior from Seb. I was also hoping for P2 with Lance but I didn't see that overtake Bottas did at the very last few seconds. It was actually quite good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
I think both Lewis and Seb did wrong. I have no idea why there was a need for Seb to get back at Lewis cause it was only gonna cause him more trouble and it did. I think Lewis shoulda got a penalty as well whether it was intentional or not. rules are rules. and Seb deserved it too. he could've caused a collision with that hit..
such a shame about Kimi's race too, but I'm glad at least it wasn't anyone's fault. not the team's, not the car's, it was a race accident..
I think Seb could have gotten a worse penalty than just a stop & go. It was unsportsmanlike behavior. I'm no Lewis fan but that wasn't a good reaction from Seb. Yeah, shame about Kimi really. I'm glad they were able to fix his car and he still came out after the red flag but he DNF'd still right?

Quote:
it's always nice to see new folks on the podium who really enjoy the moment and don't have to think about rivalries or anything that's why the race should be more open..with Ferrari domination of course but that's just my selfish self
Me too. It's always exciting to see newbies on the podium because it's going to be an unforgettable experience for them. I was actually worried that if Lewis wins the race, he'd have to face Seb at the holding room. But lo & behold, his head rest was coming off and they need to pit him. When he did, race stewards cleverly announced Seb has to do a stop & go penalty. I was laughing.

Quote:
and I think the highlight for me was this sentence that sums up the race perfectly, that even the McLaren had a chance for winning
LOL! There was even a moment where both Lewis & Seb were fighting for position BEHIND Alonso.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

the whole race was chaotic

another funny moment when Kimi's car was done just in time for the restart

Old 06-27-2017, 02:38 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the tweet.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
another funny moment when Kimi's car was done just in time for the restart
LMAO! He was screaming.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread