Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2017, 06:20 AM
MST Manager

Jenson drove well in qualifying. It's a shame about his penalty. Hopefully he'll have a good race. I hope Alonso does well in his race.

Thanks for the clips, Lindsay!

Great for Raikkonen. I hope he wins. Well, I hope Button wins but that is not likely.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

what a wonderful result the Mercs have been struggling all weekend and they did even worse today. well, except for Bottas. I hope nothing goes wrong in the front and we'll have a double win it's really nice to see Kimi especially do so well

Old 05-27-2017, 10:34 AM
MST Manager

I hope Kimi can stay in the front at the start.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

he could use a win

aw, one of his biggest fans is back but don't have to cry no more

Old 05-27-2017, 07:56 PM
Moderator Manager

I missed quali of all the days! So happy for the Ferrari lockout but I'm most happy that Kimi is in P1 after such a long drought. Since it's hard to overtake in this race, I hope he wins. But Seb is behind him and he's pretty good at overtaking. Lewis is in P14? That's a disaster for him!

Awww that kid, bless him. He's just like you & me, Joanna.

^ Yes we know it's been that long, damn it.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:23 AM
MST Manager

Cute little boy.

It's a shame that you missed qualifying, Lindsay. It was great to see Raikonnen talking about his baby.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

^that's so cute

too bad you missed it, Linds, but hopefully the race will make up for it that kid sure is like me in my first years as a fan I don't take the losses so hard anymore but good results bring me great joy

Old 05-28-2017, 07:32 PM
Moderator Manager

^ Awww, that's the happiest we'll see of Kimi actually. Thanks for sharing here, Julie.

Congrats to Seb, Kimi & Daniel. But why don't I feel too happy for this Ferrari win? Why didn't they pit Kimi first knowing that he has traffic up ahead? This is like Mark-Seb with RBR and heck Schumi-Rubens with Ferrari all over again. That's probably why Nico said that he "knows the feeling and it's not a good feeling." I freaking hate team orders.

In other race stuff, JB flipped Pascal was an moment from me. Glad he was okay. Also this was hilarious.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:38 AM
MST Manager

That was the first time I've seen Kimi smile.

I hate team orders too. I know why they happen but it spoils the anticipation because you know what's going to happen. It's very early in the season to do that anyway.

Great message from Alonso. Button was cheeky.

It's a shame Button didn't have a better race. The car tipping up was scary.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
I hate team orders too. I know why they happen but it spoils the anticipation because you know what's going to happen. It's very early in the season to do that anyway.
exactly. the team is doing great this year, they shouldn't be so afraid of Seb losing some points... while this was the best result in years I couldn't fully enjoy it either because Kimi was clearly so down having to swallow the bitter pill this way I was more disappointed in the team than after a loss..

Alonso and Button's convo before the race was so unexpected but it was such joy to hear it was so friendly and casual. sadly it's not very common among all these drivers anymore

Wehrlein's car up on the wall sure was scary

Old 05-29-2017, 07:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Julie, I agree. I think it's still too early for that and what's the matter with Kimi winning this race and Seb in P2? I know it's difficult to overtake in this track and that's why they did the order during the pitstop. It was so obvious that it made me so mad being a Kimi fan.

Joanna, yeah it was obvious from the way Kimi looked during the podium celebrations that he was pissed off. Kimi is not known to hide his emotions. This was exactly how it was with Mark & Seb back in RBR before and why Mark was so sick and tired of team orders too.

I love JB & Alonso's friendship. Both of them are close to Mark Webber too. I agree with you that it's rare on F1 these days to have friendships like these. I know Lewis & Nico used to be good friends but they aren't anymore. Massa & Ricciardo are pretty close too.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kimi's really the most reliable teammate for that post. he'll obey the team's orders every time because of his loyalty. but I'm afraid he'll lose his motivation again and might not do so well at the next races..I really just don't get it. they could support Kimi too, technically he still also has a chance to win the championship and then both their drivers would get to fight for it

Old 05-30-2017, 06:28 AM
MST Manager

I hope there will be times when there are other cars in between Raikkonen and Vettel so Raikkonen can have a good chance of winning races.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:05 PM
Moderator Manager

Joanna, they could have at least let them race? I can understand team orders if we were like halfway through the season but it's still early? I do think they had a very interesting Monaco debrief. I won't be surprised to find out if this will be Kimi's final season in F1.

Julie, that would have been interesting. If that happened, they'd have to think of a different strategy than a freaking team order.

I'll miss the next race in Canada as that race doesn't really cooperate with my timezone.

Old 05-31-2017, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

it's clear that Kimi's still got what it takes and it's a shame the team won't let him prove that..and have some victory of his own..not too many people would stay for years playing this part so he must get tired of it

Closed Thread   Post New Thread