Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2014, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

So who is looking forward to Abu Dhabi?

Vicky
Old 11-19-2014, 01:50 AM
Moderator Manager

I am! It's the last race this season and I hope it will not disappoint. I am relieved though that RBR is not dominant this year but it would be better if 2 teams are dominant so that it's neck-and-neck at the end of the race calendar.

We'll also have to wait for more driver transfers next month.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

I see Vettel is now confirmed for Ferrari, no surprise there so now we have to wait for confirmation of where Alonso is going (presumably McLaren) and then who he will partner there.

I'm hoping it's a clean race and neither driver has any mechanical problems, and as they say may the best driver win. (Even if I'm hoping it's Lewis )

Vicky
Old 11-21-2014, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've already considered Vettel's deal with the Ferrari official the first time it came up..these speculations usually prove to be true I'm grieving..I like both Kimi and Alonso but I think ALO should've stayed instead..he almost always finished before Kimi this year, so I'm sad to see him go and be replaced by someone I don't like..but I'll have to get used to it :/

I hope we'll have a nice closing race with some action. too bad the weather can't cause any excitement there, that's why I prefered it ending in Brazil where you never know xd it can still be fun though

Old 11-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Moderator Manager

JB's tweets are sentimental. It's looking more and more like he'll be leaving F1. Alonso is still coy about everything. Yeah the Seb announcement at Ferrari wasn't a surprise since it has been the buzz for quite some time now.

Btw, Jules Bianchi update: he's out of his induced coma and transferred to a French hospital. He's stable but still in critical condition. Looking at the positives on this one so hopefully we'll get more good news soon.

So I missed Quali because we don't have coverage. WTH. Congrats to Nico on pole. I wonder if team orders will happen at Mercedes tomorrow?

Old 11-22-2014, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah I've heard about Jules that's a relief. hopefully he'll soon get better and better

it's too bad you missed the qualies because there was some tension at the Mercedes xD when Nico was congratulated on the radio by the team, they weren't very enthusiastic and he snapped at them that "hello? you could sound a little happier and prouder with this pole position" he was kinda mad. I think he was right, they usually sound happier.
and he joked about sending Bottas on an awesome vacation at the presser if he can get between him and Lewis tomorrow

Old 11-23-2014, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

What a day and what a race!

Ecstatically happy for Lewis! It would have been crushing to have lost it on the 'double points' when he had won more races and imo been the better driver in the races. I think that was the best start he's ever had in a race, he couldn't have picked a better time to have it as after that it was always going to be his to lose.

Equally though it was horrible to see Nico struggle with the various car problems and not be able to put up a fight. I thought Nico was very gracious in defeat after what must have been such a difficult afternoon to see the title slipping away.

Loved seeing Jenson higher up, if it was his last race then he did himself proud.

Congrats to Williams on a great year, both drivers have been fantastic.

So proud of Lewis, if it hadn't have been for such a dominant Red Bull and a very unlucky first year then then I think he would have won even more titles but it's great to see him win his second and thankfully I think it's fair to see the best man won in the end. I have no doubt though they will both be back next year fighting it out again and there will be very little between them.

Vicky
Old 11-24-2014, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I thought so that HAM wouldn't lose the championship. I would've been happier if Felipe could've messed with him for real in the end (for 2008 ) but he did a good job anyhow and I'm happy with that 2nd place ^^

I felt so sorry for Rosberg..he didn't have a big chance of winning the championship but he was so unlucky with the car..it must've been very hard :/ and he was told to go to the pit a few laps before the end, gosh, but he wanted to finish the race of course..he showed true sportsmanship congratulating Lew which was very respectable

I was disappointed Alonso couldn't get a better result at his last race as a Ferrari driver I'm gonna miss him..

now that the F1 season's over I have no sports to watch ):

Old 11-24-2014, 11:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Most sports are done for me too except for soccer. And this weekend I'll be watching some tennis but even the tennis calendar is coming to an end.

Wonderful win by Lewis! He deserved it with that fantastic start. He was so emotional after the race and I too thought it was very nice of Nico to congratulate him afterwards.

I'm going to miss F1 when it's not on. It's really one of those sports I religiously watch and this break is gonna suck. But overall it was a wonderful season and it was great to see Mercedes dominant this year. Now to wait on what happens to Alonso & JB at the end of this season...

@LewisHamilton:
Wow! This is the greatest day of my life! Thank you everybody for all your support #bestfansintheworld #AbuDhabiGP

Old 11-25-2014, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't have tennis til January as I barely watch anything other than Sharapova's matches I might get back to NFL in the meantime. it's better than nothing

Old 11-27-2014, 01:23 AM
Moderator Manager

OT: Speaking of Sharapova, she's flying to Manila this weekend. There's a tennis match going on here until Sunday (that starts tomorrow) so it'll be the first time (ever) I get to watch a live tennis match.

But yeah, I have to watch sports than not watch anything at all.

Very nice article on Lewis from BBC: BBC Sport - Lewis Hamilton column: 48 hours in the life of a world champion

Old 11-27-2014, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah I've heard about that that's great! you couldn't have picked anyone better for the first time have fun!

Old 11-27-2014, 05:30 AM
Elite Fan

I love all those pictures! I know Lewis will always have his critics but I really do feel he has matured this year and after Spa rather than letting it get him down he channeled it positively and came back fighting on the track.

Vicky
Old 11-28-2014, 12:04 AM
Moderator Manager

@MercedesAMGF1:
We're thankful for...our drivers! The very best on track, true sportsmen & team players off track! #HappyThanksgiving

Old 12-11-2014, 11:11 PM
Moderator Manager

Former F1 teammates are back together.

Quote:
McLaren has confirmed that an all-champion line-up of Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button will drive for the team next year, with 2014 racer Kevin Magnussen retained as test and reserve driver.

The news was confirmed at the team's Woking base on Thursday morning, with Alonso returning to the squad which he split with after an acrimonious 2007 season.

Button remains with McLaren for his 16th season in the pinnacle of the sport while Magnussen, who raced for the team in 2014, will act as the team's official test and reserve driver.

Alonso raced for McLaren in 2007 and claimed four wins but departed for Renault after a season in which he and the team fell out after becoming embroiled in the 'Spygate' scandal.

Alonso moved to Ferrari for 2010 but failed to add to his two world titles and his departure from the Italian squad was confirmed at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

The announcement means that all the confirmed teams for 2015 have now revealed their drivers for next season.
McLaren confirms Alonso, Button for 2015 - GPUpdate.net

Closed Thread   Post New Thread