Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Moderator Manager

So did anyone watch the Melbourne GP? That grand prix is notorious for accidents at Turn 1 but this race had a lot of retirements. I was disappointed for Romain because he was in a good position to be on the podium. Vettel managed to get in the top 3 by driving brilliantly and Jenson did a great move on Lewis at the start and he led the race from that time on. Lewis didn't seem too happy on the podium unlike Nicole. Too bad for Schumi too who DNF as he was in P4 and could have earned him points. Kimi drove brilliantly today, from P17 to P7. Not bad. I was laughing when we heard him screaming about the blue flags that was NOT for him. Again, congratulations to JB. What a great start for Mclaren!

I really like the Oz GP trophy.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Pleased for Jensen Vettel rode a solid race too! Bit disappointed for Lewis as he was on poll, hopefully he can do better next race, I want him to have a good year, I believe he deserves it won't say no to pOints and wins from mclaren or button, bug Lewis is my man!

Because maybe, you're gonna
be the one that saves me.
Finn|Rae
Old 03-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

So pleased for McLaren, I would have loved a 1-2. Part of me wishes it was Lewis that had won though, he seemed really disappointed after the race. Okay so his start wasn't great but the rest was just bad luck, he didn't have first choice on when to pit and he didn't know there was going to be a safety car the lap after he came into the pits.

Still, a great result for McLaren. I did feel for Grosjean, he was so happy yesterday and then his race was over so quickly today. Senna was another one who didn't seem to have much luck.

Red Bull seemed to have more pace in the race than they did in qualifying, as a McLaren fan obviously I wasn't too happy about that, but I also want to have a competitive season of Formula 1 and I think it's interesting to see who are the better drivers when the cars are on a similar level.

Kimi definitely provided the comedy radio moment during the race about the blue flags. It would have been interesting to have seen what he could do had he started higher up the grid.

Vicky
Old 03-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Mclaren's the favourite to win the constructors championship this year but it's too early to tell and I hope RBR will challenge them all the way. Ferrari's not looking too good but maybe Massa & Alonso just had a bad day at the office. Williams seems to have a competitive car too.

I believe Mclaren will still do good at Malaysia with RBR very close. It's quite nice we're getting 2 back-to-back races because I hate the 2-weeks break in-between.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

It was a great race and Jenson did a fantastic job, congrats to him! Vettel got lucky, can't stand that guy... Schumi had bad luck, I think he would've done much better than Rosberg yesterday. Alonso and Kimi did very well too, but the biggest surprise was Maldonado, it's a shame he lost it at the very end. Still, good to see the Williams doing well again.

I hope Bernie won't take the GP away from Australia, I love this track.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Moderator Manager

Me too especially Turn 1. I don't think all cars get away easily at that turn.

FP1 live right now but our cable doesn't air it. I love Malaysia in terms of the conditions - very hot & humid which is good for racing. Also many opportunities to overtake. Interesting to see who will be P1 at Quali on Saturday.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Moderator Manager

Sorry for the dp but did anyone watch the Malaysian GP? Wow, that was such a wet race. I thought they were never gonna re-start.

Quite a suprise for the Alonso win and Vettel definitely had a horrible race. So did Jenson but at least he finished the race. Also what a nice suprise for Checo & Sauber. He ran wide at the very last lap chasing Alonso but was able to hold it together. I wasn't able to notice Lewis much during the race but being able to finish and hold it all together is an achievement. I'd have to say the same thing for Kimi and Mark who all managed to earn points by the end of the race.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

So, how long before Massa get's the boot?
I mean it's noble of Ferrari to stay that loyal, but he really hasn't been the same since is accident in Hungary.

Oh, and I was so hoping that Perez would win, if he just have kept it together, Alonso would have been dead meat.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Moderator Manager

I think his dad is friends with a lot of people in Ferrari although people are indeed talking about how lackluster he's been lately. I feel for him - he's been in F1 for the longest time and in a top team but yet to win a drivers championship. He's compared a lot to Alonso, that's for sure. And Ferrari isn't doing so well lately. A lot has changed since the Schumi glory days.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Moderator Manager

So happy for Nico's first GP win in Shanghai last Sunday! And Kimi almost had it but of course it's too good to be true as tyre wear was going to be his issue. RBR wasn't too competitive in China but that was a good comeback for McLaren. Overall the race was okay but I still liked Australia & Malaysia more.

I also love that everyone on twitter is calling Nico "Britney."

Old 06-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Racing in Montreal this weekend! My hometown.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:11 AM
Elite Fan

My favourite race of the year. Now I'm just hoping for a Lewis victory.

Vicky
Old 06-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Quali was ho-hum. Lewis had it but Vettel was too quick.

Hoping for a great race tomorrow.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

Is anyone watching the European Grand Prix??? Vetel is not a happy camper
Old 06-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Bel is that you?

I think after being dubbed as a boring race, European GP was very exciting. First Vettel DNF'd at P1. Then Romain DNF'd at P2. And lastly, Lewis crashed out at P3 at the last 2 laps of the race. So much drama! Great thing was what happened to Mark finishing at P4 after starting at the back of the grid. I love the podium though: former, past & present Ferrari drivers. Alonso was very emotional with the win and rightly so winning at Valencia.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread