Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Master Fan

I'm pretty excited to see Schumacher racing against Vettel, Hamilton and all the other new drivers. A lot has changed in the past 3 years since he's gone.
perrygraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:28 AM
Elite Fan

It's certainly going to be interesting to see him against the likes of Hamilton, Button, Vettel and Raikonnen. Especially now that Ferrari have improved their car and are now challenging more. It definitely adds a bit more excitement to the next race though, personally I can't wait to see him against Hamilton, what a great battle that would be.He just better not try and run anyone off the track

Vicky
Brucas4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:18 AM
Master Fan

You never know, it's Schumacher after all.

My question is how good he will be in Valencia since he's not allowed to drive the car before the GP. I'm pretty sure he will be good in Spa, he loves that circuit.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:32 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm not really a fan of Schumacher, i mean yeah he's a great driver but that's like Alonso really and i'm not a fan of him either.
It's going to make things interesting though, i cant wait to see him racing against Lewis and Jenson
Things are a lot different to when he left so people cant expect him to be coming back out on top just because it's Schumacher.
I just hope that his return wont overshadow Felipe! It's great to hear more news about how he's recovering, like walking around, eating and talking

icon: utterly indecent
Hannah.
thatsnotmyname-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
My question is how good he will be in Valencia since he's not allowed to drive the car before the GP. I'm pretty sure he will be good in Spa, he loves that circuit.
Well he'll be able to use the simulater so I suppose that's going to be as close as he gets to actually driving the car for now. But I'm sure he wouldn't have come back if he wasn't confident that he could not just drive the car but win in it.

I know not everyone here is a Hamilton or McLaren fan but I just wanted to post this as it was just such a nice thing of him to do.

Quote:
World champion thanks team for their help

Lewis Hamilton has personally thanked the entire McLaren workforce for helping him become a winner again. Hamilton addressed the team's staff at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking three days after his victory at the Hungarian Grand Prix.

The triumph ended a nine-month, 10-race drought for the world champion whose last success was back in last October's Chinese Grand Prix. It was also the result of thousands of man hours put into turning an abysmal car over the first half of the season into one capable of taking the chequered flag.

Hamilton had already planned to speak to the team ahead of their enforced two-week summer break that starts on Monday. But in the wake of the 24-year-old's win at the Hungaroring, his words were especially meaningful.

"This has been an incredibly difficult season for all of us, but Sunday's result is payback for all your time, effort, energy and passion, and I wanted to come here and thank you for that," said Hamilton.

"At the start of the season, we were barely competitive, but the amount of work that every single one of you put into transforming our fortunes has been incredible. I've always said it: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes is a team of winners, and the most amazing thing about this team is its fighting spirit - you never give up. So when I get into the car, I know all the effort that has gone into getting us to this point, and it makes me want to push even harder to repay you. Winning on Sunday was our victory. The work you've done this season has been incredible - I have never seen this place so intensely busy and productive. The result in Hungary showed there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel, and that makes the job easier and more satisfying for everyone. You have all been amazing, and I hope you are as proud of this win as I am."
Source: BBC

Vicky
Old 07-30-2009, 06:24 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm a Lewis and McLaren fan and i absolutely love how appreciative he is of the team and he makes it clearly how the winning is not just for him, it's for everyone. He has clearly missed the winning and knows that he's got the team to thank for all their hard work on the car to help him become successful again and i love how grateful he is of it, it shows what a down to earth person he is
I think i also like the fact that he's not been on the podium, i know that sounds strange but i mean, i like how he's progressed from being towards the back of the grid, to being on the top step of the podium!

Hannah.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Kimi + Schumi in the same Team ??? That's one of my dreams coming true
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:31 AM
Addicted Fan

Okay, for the first time in 20 years we have 2 world champions driving for the same team (The last time it happened was in 1989 when Senna and Prost were driving for McLaren. And I guess you all remember how badly it ended up, right? I mean, McLaren won the championship, but Prost and Senna crashed in the second to last race of the year, which gave Prost the title and in the following year, Senna did the same with Prost as an act of revenge). And also for the first time in many years we'll have four world champions on the same race! So I have an interesting question: will Schumacher be ahead of Kimi, even though he hasn't driven this year's car and he's not in such a good shape? I honestly think that Kimi will kick his ass. I mean, I know he's Schumacher and all, but Kimi is more used to this year's car. Plus, Kimi will be extremely motivated to beat a seven time world champion.
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
-Supersonic- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

I think Schumacher won't have a chance against Raikkönen in Valencia but Spa is a whole other story. I expect a lot from him there.

Quote:
(The last time it happened was in 1989 when Senna and Prost were driving for McLaren. And I guess you all remember how badly it ended up, right? I mean, McLaren won the championship, but Prost and Senna crashed in the second to last race of the year, which gave Prost the title and in the following year, Senna did the same with Prost as an act of revenge)
This is still the greatest piece in F1 history. Makes me laugh everytime. Those were the times. Today is all about punishments.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't know. Now I've read some things and I think that Michael will work his ass off to do good in Valencia, you know? I mean, he is Schumacher after all, so everyone expects a lot from him and I don't think that he would like to disappoint. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he finished ahead of Kimi even in Valencia. But I think that Kimi will desperately try to beat Michael.
And, yeah, Michael loves Spa and he's really good there, but let's not forget that Kimi is also really good in Spa. It will definitely be an interesting race to watch. I mean, Spa is always interesting, but this year it might be even more.

Tell me about it! Senna and Prost would almost kill themselves on the track and it was one of the best duels in F1. Now if you just touch somebody's wheel you get a drive-through.

perrygraham: Oh you are Ele, right? I wasn't recognizing you with the new name.
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 07-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

Blame the stewards!

That battle sounds epic. Kimi hasn't seemed so motivated this year but if this doesn't motivate him nothing will... it's going to be awesome. Kimi will probably beat Schumacher for Valencia but in Spa anything might happen *wildly speculating*

Oh that's a nice bit from Hamilton. I know he lashed out at the team once, didn't he? And that didn't go down well. So this is a nice way to pay them back.

ETA: Words of encouragement for Felipe from the other drivers. Does anybody know what the non-English bits are?

Last edited by goodnightboy; 07-31-2009 at 12:40 AM
goodnightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:17 AM
Elite Fan

Aw thanks for posting that video Gwen, it was great, sorry I'm no help with the non-English messages.

Vicky
Old 07-31-2009, 04:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

Well I'm still in shock about Schumi coming back. Of course I'm thinking about Felipe and how we wouldn't have got MS back without this happening to Massa, so like Jenson, it's a weird situation. But at the same time, I've been a MS fan since I was about 12 years old waaaay back when he was with Bennetton and so to wake up to the news he was coming back (no matter the circumstances) was like a dream. I can't believe it. To say I'm happy is just not emphatic enough.

But, what I fear is that the second he doesn't get pole or win, people (by which I mean the media and McLaren fans lol) will start with all the "oh he doesn't have it anymore, he really isn't the best ever" I hope people aren't just going to judge him on this year and forget the enormity of his past victories. And me personally, this year I've been supporting Jenson and the Brawn team, cause I love an underdog. And that loyalty isn't leaving me cause Schumi's back. I still want JB to win the crown this year, I just want him to do it by coming second to Schumi at every race left Is that too optimistic? Probably. But I'm still riding high. Michael Schumacher is back. It doesn't sound real! MS is back I don't need an X-mas or b-day prezzie this year, the universe just gave me the best one ever
Old 07-31-2009, 04:37 AM
Addicted Fan

That video was really nice, well the bits i could understand were

Hannah.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:23 AM
Addicted Fan

Arbogast: Yeah, it's going to be amazing to see him drive again, but don't get too excited because Michael said that he's just going to drive while Felipe is away and that his history in F1 is already over. This is just going to be the epilogue of this very successful history.
And about the pressure, yes, you can be sure that if he doesn't do as good as it is expected from a seven-time world champion, the media (especially Italian media) will say all these things that you just mentioned(although he really isn't the best ever). It's just natural, and that's why I agreed 100% with Michael's manager when he said that Michael wouldn't return to F1 (one day before it was announced that he would return) and explained that "the pressure on him would be huge. He would be expected to win, but he has not driven this car." So, yes, I think it will be fantastic to watch Schumacher drive an F1 car again, but I think it's a big risk for him. But **** it, he'll probably surprise us all and do a hell of job. Plus, 3,2 million euros for only one race is an amount of money very difficult to say no to.

That's a really nice video. I obviously understood the parts in Portuguese, but I had a little trouble to understand the Italian parts. But it's not very different from Portuguese, so understood most of it.
Reply   Post New Thread