Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2005, 06:48 AM
Moderator Manager

marie: DTM is for how long? do you get LOST there already?

fla: i do miss kimi...but i miss C/C more!

bel: that thread title suggestion is pretty good. i was thinking renault-related too. about LOST: sure thing! i ship C/C heavily right now but i also love K/S. your av's... and your sig too.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-17-2005, 09:57 AM
Passionate Fan

I've given up on Kimi. I wish Mika was still driving.
Icon by neel luvs tony
Old 04-17-2005, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

Hehe, I miss Kimi.
He had so much potential but, over the last season he has just lost the passion or the drive for the sport. He doesn't seem as though he is on top of his game.

Marie hope that you get Lost where you are or if you don't hope that it comes soon

Thanks Linds

Does someone else want to start the new thread? I started this one so thought that it would eb fair if someone else wanted to start this one

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 04-18-2005, 12:43 AM
Moderator Manager

i'm not always online so hopefully the new thread can start on the weekend so i can start it. i hope that made sense.

i'm not giving up on kimi...i still believe in him. even if it looks like he's not on top of his game. he's doing everything he can and i'm sure he'll be back in no time. that's how much i have faith in him.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreva_99
Knew that you would be the person to ask Marie. Have added a shot to the front page.
i have 200 pictures of Fernando from Bahrain I kinda collect them in case they come in useful for art but then I'm not very good at leaving some out

ETA: if we get lost i've not idea what channel it's on i'll just stick with The O.C. love that show!
Old 04-18-2005, 02:51 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidielle
I've given up on Kimi. I wish Mika was still driving.
do u get the DTM? I was watching Mika driving in that yesterday it's not F1 but i looks like it should be really exciting and it's Mika
Old 04-18-2005, 04:28 AM
Elite Fan

I love watchig The OC as well. That would have to be my second fav TV show. Addicted to Lost Hehe. I feel like posting pics here so that we can continue on with the Lost discussion.

We don't get DTM here at all You guys are all lucky because you get to watch the qualifying sessions as well. We just get a small report before the start of the race with the main things that happened.

Old 04-18-2005, 04:37 AM
Extreme Fan

thanks foreva99, lind$@y and *MH* for the welcome - glad i found the board.

i think my fave driver has to be david coulthard. he's been around almost as long as i've been a fan of the sport. plus staying true to my british roots.

i'm also a big fan of lost, even though i've never seen an episode!! (damn british tv), the internet's a wonderful thing
Old 04-18-2005, 04:45 AM
Elite Fan

Fisichella wows friends, Romans and countrymen

Giancarlo Fisichella did his bit to raise awareness of next weekend's San Marino Grand Prix by entertaining crowds in Rome's Circus Maximus with a display in his Renault R25.

Two thousand years ago, the fastest machine at the Circus Maximus was a four horsepower quadriga, which battled wheel-to-wheel in the most prestigious Roman chariot race of all. On Sunday afternoon, the city's modern-day gladiator unleashed nearly 900 horsepower as he demonstrated Renault's latest F1 car, completing twelve laps of a 1.2km track wound around three sides of the world-famous venue.

Weather conditions at the event were poor, with heavy rainfall through the day, but even this could not dampen the enthusiasm of the Italian crowds – 25,000 of whom braved the conditions in the Eternal City

"I have always dreamed of doing something like this in my home city," enthused Fisichella, "I have to say 'thank you' to all the people who came down to see the 'roadshow', even though the weather was not perfect. It was a special day for me to have my family, friends and fellow Romans come to watch this demonstration."

The Roman 'holiday' was the latest stop on tour for the Renault F1 Roadshow, which is scheduled to stage similar city centre demonstrations throughout Europe this season.

"It is fantastic to be able to bring F1 to the people in this way," commented team MD Flavio Briatore, "For Renault and the Renault F1 Team, one of our goals is to take our sport close to people who would not normally think about going to a race, so they can see how spectacular F1 can be.

"The city of Rome brought fantastic collaboration to make this event happen, and I want to thank everybody who came to see the roadshow in spite of the weather today. They all helped to make this an event to remember for the team and the city."

Renault now turns its attentions to the San Marino Grand Prix, to be held at Imola next weekend.

"We go there expecting to be strong," concluded Briatore, who has seen his drivers win each of the three races staged so far this year, "We know our rivals have been working hard, but we are not standing still either. The team will be expecting to get our cars onto the podium."

Old 04-18-2005, 04:48 AM
Elite Fan

Call me Bel

Glad that you found the thread as well. Always good when new fans come along and I don't think that we have another DC fan here on the board. I'm a JV fan but, also a Montoya fan as well. Gotta love my Indy Car boys who make it all the way to the top.

Awwww. Hope that you get Lost over there really soon That sounds funny.

BAR Looking for a fresh start in Europe

No points after three races of the new Formula One season was not what anyone was expecting of the BAR-Honda team in 2005, but that is exactly what Nick Fry's operation has to overcome as the campaign moves into its opening European leg.

Despite the problems that have struck it in Australia, Malaysia and Bahrain, the team is looking forward to San Marino Grand Prix after a couple of encouraging tests in Spain and France, where it managed to set the pace amid generally good reliability. Having completed almost 6000km in five days of testing at Barcelona and Paul Ricard, technical director Geoff Willis is confident that the team has met its development objectives, with the introduction of new aerodynamic upgrades, and that previous reliability issues have been addressed.

"After very successful tests of our new aerodynamic package at Barcelona and Paul Ricard, we are looking forward to the first round of the European season at Imola," he confirmed, "We had a very good race weekend at Imola in 2004, and we expect the car to perform well again over the kerbs, which is important at this circuit. Imola is a circuit which is hard on brakes but despite Taku's retirement at Bahrain, we are also confident that we will not encounter any wear problems."

Willis is aware that at Imola, perhaps more than any of the three venues visited so far, grid position will be a vital ingredient for a good result.

"With track and air temperatures much lower than we experienced at the first three races, getting good tyre warm-up will be important, particularly in first qualifying, to help get a good aggregate qualifying position for this race where it is very hard to overtake," he explained.

In the course of the two most recent tests, Jenson Button broke the unofficial lap record in Barcelona, previously held by Takuma Sato and set over a year ago under the prior technical regulations. Taku followed suit by breaking the unofficial lap record at Paul Ricard this week, confirming that developments introduced to the 007 since Bahrain have been positive.

"I am looking forward to Imola," Button admitted, the frustrations of Bahrain now a distant memory, "Obviously, I have great recollections of last year's race, as I qualified on pole and finished in second place.

"It's a good technical track, although a bit strange as we use the kerbs a lot, but it is a great driver's circuit and I always enjoy racing there. There's also a good atmosphere, being Ferrari's home circuit in Italy. If the tifosi are out in force, it's always a lot of fun."

Old 04-18-2005, 08:58 AM
Supreme Fan

*bounces in*

bel - I only managed to watch the normal quali and the race for the DTM. but they also have Super Pole and I'm hoping to see that next race weekend!

Quote:
Originally posted by tigger817

i think my fave driver has to be david coulthard. he's been around almost as long as i've been a fan of the sport. plus staying true to my british roots.
I'm not good at doing that!! My favourite is Fernando Alonso *points to av & sig* and before him I loved Mika Hakkinen *points to her user name*. But I do also support Kimi Raikkonen and Jenson Button. Does supporting Jenson count as staying true to my roots if I don't support him as much as I do Fernando? hmmm
Old 04-18-2005, 11:26 AM
MST Manager

It's past time for a new thread, guys.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

I started the next thread since we needed to start a new one. Hope that no one minds.

And because I am having a mental breakdown the link can't be posted. Have tried three times to get the coding right but, now I am giving up.

Last edited by foreva_99; 04-19-2005 at 06:14 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread