Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2004, 01:34 PM
Supreme Fan

Formula One #21 ~ Schumi is showing why he is a six times world champion!

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Welcome to The Formula One Thread

On this thread we discuss the wonderful sport of F1. We post up to date news and the general info about the sport. We also talk about the drivers and the teams and what we like or dislike about them.

Our previous threads are:
Formula One is GO GO GO
Formula One #2 - To Finish First, First You Must Finish
Formula One #3 - Can Anyone Truely beat Michael Schumacher?
Formula One #4 - The Iceman Cometh
Formula One #5 - IF is F1 backwards
Formula One #6 – This Season Will Ferrari still be the team to beat?
Formula One #7 - Now it's unpredictable!
Formula One #8: It's no longer the Ferrari show!
Formula One #9 The f2003 GA... as sexy as an F1 car's gonna be
Formula One #10 ~ Kimi a world champion in the making
Formula One #11 ~ With every race Alonso's star is getting brighter
Formula One #12 ~ Watch Out When Juan is About!
Formula One #13 ~ We are Running Out of Races and the Championship is wide open!
Formula One #14 ~ It's Ferrari vs Everyone Else in the Tyre War of 2003
Formula One #15 ~ It Ain't Over Until It's Over
Formula One #16 - Michael still thinks that JV is a threat
Formula One #17 - Bring on more seasons like the one we've just had
Formula One #18 - A New Year Brings a New Season
Formula One #19 ~ A new season brings new rivalries
Formula One #20 ~ The cars just keep getting faster and faster!!!

Thanx to *MH* for the thread title

Moments for Hitzi
there is fuel in this car. amazing how i can tell just by looking at it [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
yes David, that's the gravel trap

Our Favourite Photo of Kimi Raikkonen
Kimi with snow on his face

Our Favourite Picture of Nick Heidfeld
Nick sat on the beach

Our Favourite Picture of Jarno Trulli
Jarno wearing a dinner jacket

2004 Calender
DATES COUNTRIES CIRCUITS
07/03/2004 AUSTRALIA MELBOURNE
21/03/2004 MALAYSIA SEPANG
04/04/2004 BAHRAIN SAKHIR
25/04/2004 SAN-MARINO IMOLA
09/05/2004 SPAIN BARCELONA
23/05/2004 MONACO MONACO
30/05/2004 EUROPE NURBUGRING
13/06/2004 CANADA MONTREAL
20/06/2004 USA INDIANAPOLIS
04/07/2004 FRANCE MAGNY-COURS
11/07/2004 GREAT-BRITAIN SILVERSTONE
25/07/2004 GERMANY HOCKENHEIM
15/08/2004 HUNGARY HUNGARORING
29/08/2004 BELGIUM SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS
12/09/2004 ITALY MONZA
26/09/2004 CHINA SHANGHAI
10/10/2004 JAPAN SUZUKA
24/10/2004 BRAZIL INTERLAGOS

Driver Line Up For the 2004 Season

Back row (left to right) - J Trulli, F Alonso, J Button, T Sato, O Panis, C DaMatta
Middle row (left to right) - R Schumacher, J P Montoya, G Fisichella, F Massa, N Heidfeld, G Pantano, K Raikkonen, D Coulthard
Front row (left to right) - M Webber, C Klien, M Schumacher, R Barrichello, Z Baumgartner, G Bruni

Thanks to Lindsay for the photo

SUMMARY OF RACE WINNERS
Melbourne, Australia - M Schumacher (Ger) - Ferrari
Sepang, Malaysia - M Schumacher (Ger) - Ferrari
Sakhir, Bahrain - M Schumacher (Ger) – Ferrari
San Marino, Imola – M Schumacher (Ger) - Ferrari
Barcelona, Spain - M Schumacher (Ger) - Ferrari
Monaco, Monaco - J Trulli (It) - Renault
Nurburgring, Europe - M Schumacher (Ger) - Ferrari
Montreal, Canada - M Schumacher (Ger) - Ferrari

RACE RESULT for CANADA MONTREAL

Pos. Driver Team Time Points
1 M. Schumacher Ferrari 1:28:24.803 10
2 R. Barrichello Ferrari + 5.108 8
3 J. Button BAR + 20.409 6
4 G. Fisichella Sauber + 1 laps 5
5 K. Räikkönen McLaren + 1 laps 4
6 D. Coulthard McLaren + 1 laps 3
7 T. Glock Jordan + 2 laps 2
8 N. Heidfeld Jordan + 2 laps 1
9 C. Klien Jaguar + 3 laps 0
10 Z. Baumgartner Minardi + 4 laps 0
11 R. Schumacher Williams + 0 laps 0
12 JP. Montoya Williams + 0 laps 0
13 C. Da Matta Toyota + 0 laps 0
14 O. Panis Toyota + 0 laps 0
Did not finish
15 F. Massa Sauber + 5 laps 0
16 T. Sato BAR + 21 laps 0
17 F. Alonso Renault + 26 laps 0
18 G. Bruni Minardi + 38 laps 0
19 M. Webber Jaguar + 61 laps 0
20 J. Trulli Renault + 70 laps 0

Drivers Championship after Canada
Pos. Driver Team Points
1 M. Schumacher Ferrari 70
2 R. Barrichello Ferrari 54
3 J. Button BAR 44
4 J. Trulli Renault 36
5 F. Alonso Renault 25
6 JP. Montoya Williams 24
7 R. Schumacher Williams 12
8 G. Fisichella Sauber 10
9 T. Sato BAR 8
10 D. Coulthard McLaren 7
11 K. Räikkönen McLaren 5
= F. Massa Sauber 5
13 M. Webber Jaguar 3
= C. Da Matta Toyota 3
= N. Heidfeld Jordan 3
16 T. Glock Jordan 2
17 O. Panis Toyota 1
- C. Klien Jaguar 0
- G. Pantano Jordan 0
- G. Bruni Minardi 0
- Z. Baumgartner Minardi 0

Constructors Championship after Canada
Pos. Team Points
1 Ferrari 124
2 Renault 61
3 BAR 52
4 Williams 36
5 Sauber 15
6 McLaren 12
7 Jordan 5
8 Toyota 4
9 Jaguar 3
- Minardi 0

Melbourne, Australia

Sepang, Malaysia

Sakhir, Bahrain

San Marino, Imola

Barcelona, Spain

Monaco, Monaco

Nurburgring, Europe

Montreal, Canada

Last edited by *MH*; 06-16-2004 at 07:23 AM
Old 04-28-2004, 01:41 PM
Supreme Fan

FERRARI EYE JENSON
Last Updated: Wednesday, 28 April , 2004, 12:06

Ross Brawn has admitted that Jenson Button could be the man to replace Michael Schumacher at Ferrari.

The BAR driver impressed all at the San Marino GP when he took his first pole position and finished the race in a career-best second place.

It was the third time this year that Button has appeared on the podium after he claimed third place at both the Malaysian and Bahrain GPs.

His performances this year have certainly made a mark on Ferrari’s technical chief Brawn who has described the Briton as “hot property” and a strong contender for Schumacher’s vacant seat when the world champion decides to call it a day.

Brawn told The Times: “For him [Jenson] to get pole position from Michael was fantastic.

“I am very impressed with him. Michael Schumacher isn’t going to be around for ever and we are always keeping an eye out for new talent.

“When we do consider a replacement for Michael, you can guarantee Jenson’s name will be on the list.”

Schumacher’s contract runs out at the end of 2006, by which point the German will be 38-years old. Although Schumacher claims he could continue beyond that point, it is believed he will indeed decide to hang up his helmet then.

Button though is enjoying his time with BAR and as number one driver is beginning to mould the team in his direction in a similar way to Schumacher at Ferrari.

He may well be reluctant to leave the Britisih team. Team boss David Richards is certain that Button will see out his contract with the team, which takes him to the end of 2006.

Richards said: We have the option on Jenson at the end of this year and we intend to keep him.

“He has brought a huge amount to this team and we will not let him go because he will win races with us.

“It is inevitable that there is interest in him because he is performing brilliantly.”

KIMI FACES LONG WAIT
Last Updated: Wednesday, 28 April , 2004, 16:25

Kimi Raikkonen’s engine problems will not be fixed for several races, according to Mercedes Motorsport boss Norbert Haug.

Mercedes have admitted that a problem with the Finn’s engine was identified at the beginning of April.

It was this same problem that caused Raikkonen’s engine gremlins at the San Marino GP last weekend. To add more salt to the wound, Haug has admitted it could take some time to fix.

He said: "It was a leakage in the seat-ring of an exhaust valve. We're in trouble there, and we need to sort it out. It's going to take a couple of races."

Raikkonen finished eighth at Imola to pick up his first points of the season, but it could have been a better result had he not started from the back of the grid.

The Finn was unable to complete his second qualifying lap because engineers discovered a problem with his engine during the first session. He aborted his second flying run and was forced to change his engine: earning him a back-of-the-grid penalty.

Raikkonen has had more engine failures than any other driver on the grid. The power unit first blew up at the season-opener in Australia, then twice in Bahrain and for a fourth time at Imola.

THE SCHUEY BROS DOMINATE TESTING
Last Updated: Wednesday, 28 April , 2004, 19:28

Ralf and Michael Schumacher have come out on top at Silverstone and Mugello respectively.

The Williams driver continued the team’s solid Silverstone test but the day was hampered by the rain with only Schumacher and team-mate Marc Gene notching up significant laps.

The duo were four seconds quicker than Renault’s Jarno Trulli who managed just seven laps of the British circuit. Team-mate Franck Montagny spent longer on track completing 23 laps, but he finished at the bottom of the timesheets.

McLaren had three cars on track with Kimi Raikkonen coming out top, but the trio completed just 17 laps between them.

Meanwhile, at Mugello Michael Schumacher returned to the wheel after his San Marino GP win to set the quickest time of the day.

But the Ferrari driver was pushed hard by none other than a BAR Honda, this time of Takuma Sato, who was just one tenth of a second off the pace of Schumacher. Team-mate Anthony Davidson consolidated the team’s effort by posting the fourth quickest time.

Sandwiched between the two was Toyota’s Cristiano da Matta while team-mate Ricardo Zonta was the slowest of the day.

Ferrari were also in action at Monza for a second day with test driver Luca Badoer. Once again the Italian concentrated on tyre testing and engine work.

It was day two for Sauber’s Giancarlo Fisichella at the Fiorano circuit, but it wasn’t a fruitful one. The Italian was sidelined for most of the day after he suffered a mechanical problem that the team were unable to fix at the track.

Timo Glock continued Jordan's work at Vairano.

Testing continues on Thursday.

Testing times from Silverstone

1 R.Schumacher Williams 1m30.287s
2 Gene Williams 1m30.988s
3 Trulli Renault 1m34.400s
4 Raikkonen McLaren 1m35.206s
5 Coulthard McLaren 1m39.519s
6 Wurz McLaren no time
7 Montagny Renault no time

Testing times from Mugello

1 M.Schumacher Ferrari 1m19.562s
2 Sato BAR 1m19.637s
3 da Matta Toyota 1m20.447s
4 Davidson BAR 1m20.478s
5 Zonta Toyota 1m20.680s

SCHU: IT'S NOT OVER YET
Last Updated: Wednesday, 28 April , 2004, 10:26

Michael Schumacher has refused to admit that the season is already wrapped up.

The Ferrari driver has not only taken four successive victories this season, he has won them in a commanding fashion leaving his rivals to dust.

But the German believes the tide will change and has ruled out winning all 18 races claiming it is unrealistic to even suggest he could.

He told his personal website: "I don't take part in speculation because it is not only premature, but above all is completely unrealistic.

"As soon as the next race everything can look very different.

"Formula 1 is all about work.

"All the teams work incredibly hard and will improve steadily."

Schumacher is 16 point clear in the drivers’ championship with team-mate Rubens Barrichello one point ahead of BAR’s Jenson Button in second place.

Despite his lead, Schumacher has refused to sit back and relax. He will join his team-mates testing the F2004 this week.

RICHARDS BELIEVES IN SATO
Last Updated: Tuesday, 27 April , 2004, 17:25

David Richards believes Takuma Sato will be on the podium before the end of the year.

The Japanese driver has been overshadowed by his team-mate Jenson Button in the first three races of the season after the Briton claimed three podium positions.

Sato’s highest placing this year was fifth at the Bahrain GP and he’s only managed to out-qualify Button on one occasion.

But team boss Richards is keeping the faith and has even promised that Sato will step onto the podium at some point this season.

He said: "I feel sorry for Taku because he is also trying very hard and it's not coming to him.

"The luck will change. You're going to see Taku on the podium before the end of the year, that I promise you.

"He has the speed, he has the intelligence, he has the whole approach to it."

VILLENEUVE HAPPY FOR BAR
Last Updated: Wednesday, 28 April , 2004, 16:27

Jacques Villeneuve is glad his former team are challenging at the top, according to Jock Clear.

The French-Canadian left BAR following the US Grand Prix last year after he heard he would be replaced in 2004 by test driver Takuma Sato.

It was the end of a tough fight for Villeneuve, who had been with the team since its inception to the world championship in 1999.

It is only this year that BAR are finding the form that they once spoke of achieving five years ago with driver Jenson Button standing on the podium in three of the four races this year.

But instead of being bitter about his exit, Villeneuve’s former race engineer and friend Jock Clear says he is pleased the team are making such progress.

Clear told La Presse: "He calls me after each qualification, each race.

"He has many friends in the paddock and he wants to see its mechanics succeed. He doesn’t hide in a hole; he watches each race. He is not at home wishing that Takuma or Jenson has an accident. He is happy with what is happening to Jenson.

"It annoys him, certainly, but Jacques Villeneuve is still able to surprise me: he is extremely strong."

It has been rumoured that Villeneuve's name is on the short-list at Williams for a possible drive in 2005.

It could be that we haven't seen the end of the 1997 World Champion...

BMW THREATEN TO QUIT
Last Updated: Tuesday, 27 April , 2004, 11:41

Williams’ engine suppliers BMW could leave Formula 1 if the sport’s future fails to meet their interests.

The comments, made by BMW board member Burkhard Goeschel, come in the wake of the FIA’s proposals to dramatically change F1 from 2008.

Teams will meet at Monaco next Tuesday to discuss the FIA’s proposals and, while the majority of teams are reportedly behind the new rule package, Goeschel admits the German manufacturer will only continue in the sport if it is in their interest to do so.

He told Reuters: "We are committed to motorsports. It's not a question of Formula 1.

“If Formula 1 is going another way which is not congruent to our ideas and values as BMW, then we would change to another kind of motorsport.

"We are not fixed on Formula 1. We want to race in the top league, that's the only question. If it is attractive and interesting for us...we will stay in Formula 1. But if it is not, then we won't do it."

Goeschel is particularly unhappy with F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone who he believes adopts the wrong style of management.

He said: “In my opinion if Formula 1 is going to have a future, it has to change as a style of management. It has to be organised like an industrial company.

"If you continue in the same way as it is today, we cannot come together as car manufacturers or as sponsors with this kind of management.

“If things change to a modern style of management, an industrial style of management, then Formula 1 becomes, in our opinion, secure. If not, nobody knows what is happening."

Last week the GPWC, the company that represents car makers Ford, Fiat, BMW, Renault and DaimlerChrysler, pulled out of negotiations with Ecclestone over their future in F1.

In December the GPWC reached an agreement with Ecclestone and his SLEC holding company with both sides signing a Memorandum of Understanding to work together in the future.

But Goeschel said that while the car manufacturers will keep the prospect of forming their own series an option, likewise they will not completely break off talks with Ecclestone.

He said: "We closed the memorandum of understanding because we didn't see any effort from the shareholders of SLEC to realise the task they have.

"Now we are waiting. We want to keep it open, to see the reactions and not to close it with an argument and race our own series. There is room for discussion. If nothing happens, it [a new series] may be one solution."

Goeschel admitted though that the real problem lies in making F1 appealing once again.

He said: "It's one of the most important questions but, in my opinion, it's the wrong discussion because if Formula 1 is attractive the question would not be raised.

"The question is how to make Formula 1 attractive and making it attractive is to have a long view beyond 2007 and the industrial kind of management."

PIZZONIA TARGETS RALF’S SEAT
Last Updated: Tuesday, 27 April , 2004, 17:24

Antonio Pizzonia reckons Ralf Schumacher will not be with Williams in 2005.

Schumacher is currently negotiating the terms of his contract with Frank Williams, but Pizzonia, known as the ‘Jungle Boy’, believes the German will follow Juan Pablo Montoya out of the team at the end of this season.

The Brazilian is hopeful that he can stake a claim on one of the vacant seats alongside his former team-mate Jaguar’s Mark Webber.

He said: "It looks like there are going to be two seats available.

"It would be great for me if we could race together again. That's what I'm hoping for at the moment - myself and Mark Webber on the team."

Pizzonia was a full-time driver with Jaguar last year but was replaced by Briton’s Justin Wilson for the final five races due to his poor performances.

Williams then re-employed him as a test driver this year alongside Marc Gene.

The team have a number of candidates for the two seats including Gene, David Coulthard, IRL Champ Scott Dixon and Giancarlo Fisichella.

It is more likely they will opt for one of these given Pizzonia’s poor 2003 season but, in F1, you never know…
Old 04-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Supreme Fan

just a little decoration... hopefully lindsay wasn't going to post any of these... and hopefully i haven't posted them already [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2004, 12:35 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the decorations Marie and I love the thread title as well [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 04-29-2004, 02:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks Marie for the new thread! And for the nice title! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I like that Montoya and Schumacher masks in the pic above. But I think they show the wrong emotions after the last race. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2004, 03:40 AM
Moderator Manager

thanks for the new thread, marie! and don't worry, i'll take care of the kimi pics. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by *Bel*:
<STRONG>I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the new pic of you Lindsay. How come you were lucky enough to be in the Toyota VIP room??? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I can imagine you talking with someone who hated Kimi. Are you still talking now?</STRONG>
dude! i wish it were F1! i was watching the asian formula 3 and stayed at the toyota VIP room of course. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

jens: [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet. ✨

Old 04-29-2004, 04:04 AM
Moderator Manager

[img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

and this gave me a heart attack! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2004, 04:50 AM
Moderator Manager

more pics from imola. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2004, 06:12 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Love those pics Lindsay [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Do you work for Toyota? Is that how you managed to get into the VIP room?

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 04-29-2004, 12:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Hey a new thread! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Did you know that Kimi invites children [with some illnesses, I think] over his yatch [hmm, that boat he fell over last year [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ] during Monaco GP? Well, he does and the ads are on TV again where Kimi says what the kids need to do to get there for free. I think it's kind of nice of him to give time for [Finnish?] children. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And I must say that the man himself looks veeery cute indeed in that advert. Lindsay would die. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Notice how I have my facts there. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Not. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

And nice starting there Marie, as usual, you never let us down. And when I was reading the title, I was a bit shocked after reading "Schumi is showing..." He's showing what?! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] My imagination got a bit wild there. [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

I think I need to go read the old thread now.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by hitzi1:
<STRONG>Lindsay would die. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
you know me too well girl. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] i heard he also has a tag heuer commercial! i haven't seen that yet! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

bel: yup! hopefully the company can be kind enough to give me free tickets to watch a GP! like 2 years ago, my bosses went to japan to watch suzuka! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2004, 03:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Hmm Barrichello and Montoya are looking really not happy in those pics! Really not! I would love to know if this was before or after the race?

Lindsay you must be a very important VIP to get tickets for the VIP room. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Maybe sometime your bosses give you tickets to visit the F1 Factory from Toyota in Cologne.

Hitzi, Marie, Bel [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2004, 10:21 AM
Moderator Manager

the pic of rubens & JPM was before the race. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

and how i wish our bosses can just do that and send us off to cologne! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] of course i'm no boss and if that's even possible, i think it should be the bosses who'll be going.

Old 05-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Supreme Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] hello people and Hitzi [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]

i was watching westlife last night [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] and i've not been online since wednesday (i think) so I'm forgetting how to use my pc [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] but i really don't mind not being online... infact i don't even know why i'm here now [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

kewl pictures lindsay. Kimi is just such a cutie [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]
and I just love Louise and our Jense [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] i know i keep saying this but I do adore her so much [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] she is so lovely!! and she was so nervous before the race last weekend [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

thanx for the info hitzi. Fernando does some special thing for children (i think) in Spain who are ill. It's just such a nice thing for them to do... well i think it is [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

tomorrow is the TGP F1 trip [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] looking forward to that [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

thanx bel, jens, linds

[img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] fla

this thread just made me forget about my cup of tea [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Marie help! What's a TGP F1 trip? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread