Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2004, 02:11 PM
Supreme Fan

Predict The Points Rules

Due to the fact that some people are unable to get online between qualifying and the race to change their predictions I have decided to change the rules so these people to not be disadvantaged by this. From now on all predictions must be made before the start of qualifying (including pre qualifying)

Quote:
Anyone can join in at any time and members can make advanced predictions if they are away for any of the gp weekends. The aim of the game is to predict which drivers you think will make up the top 8 finishers in the race.

Scoring:
3 points if the driver finishes in the position you predicted
2 points if the driver finishes one below/above the position you predicted
1 point if the driver you predicted finishes somewhere in the points
Max Points: 48

All predictions must be made before the start of qualifying. I will post all the results soon after the race. Anyone can start playing at any point in the season. Good luck with your predictions. Any other questions then just ask.

Please use driver intials, as it makes it easier to put on excel, thanks.

Template (please use driver intials)
Qualifying:
Race:

Finally. Anyone found to have changed their predictions after qualifying or the race will score no points for the round.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:50 PM
Elite Fan

Marie - thanks for adding all those points up. You have even colour coded it and everything. That is so cool!!!

I agree with what you have said about the medics. If Ralf had been seriously hurt or something and had been waiting for some help then there could have been some huge problems. And for the very first time...I agree with Michael Schumacher. The race should have been red-flagged after Ralf's accident or the safety car should have gone through pit lane instead of through the crash scene where the cars could have picked up a slow puncture or anything. The race was very poorly handled.

Hey Joan and welcome back to the thread

all the pictures that people have been posting. Nothing like coming and seeing a pretty thread

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 06-23-2004, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

marie, thanks for tallying all those points up, color coded and all!

i was able to watch like half of the race. whoa,only 8 cars finished the US GP, and it was pretty exciting with lots of accidents, crashes, engine failures, etc. I'm just glad that Rlf is okay and the injury is nothing really serious, bec that was a really hard crash and good for sato, a podium win

av
Old 06-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Moderator Manager

okay, sorry i am sooo late but i have limited online time at work to post.

i like the US GP! in a way that sato got his first podium and a championship point for minardi! at the last lap of the race, i was happy cos everyone racing has a point!

i felt bad for ralf. that was really some crash. just like alonso's in brazil last year but that was terrible! i dunno if i'll be sad for JPM but i couldn't care less, you know. i just hate that schumi won this because i was rooting for RB. too bad for jenson too that he had to retire pretty early because of some gearbox problems. he could've been up in the podium again but no such loss because i was also rooting for TS! oh, both mclarens finished, that's good. although i didn't see anything exciting for the 2 drivers in the race. trulli overtaked a lot of backrunners to get to the final 10, he was sooo good! and also poor alonso with the crash. that was also pretty terrible!

hitzi: good start! its about time for you to start a new thread.

joan: welcome to the thread! its never too late to join.

and did i see that right? i'm 2nd to overall next to bel for the US GP? i did good!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet. ✨

Old 06-24-2004, 04:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi all

Smilie time again: Overall standings:
1st 2nd 3rd

Hi Joan, Welcome to the thread!

Hey Lindsay you're a player huu? And Bel, you know the F1 better then Berni himself.

Fla: Yeah, 8 cars are really not much. I waiting for the GP when only three cars reach the finish line. ( Two Ferrari and one Minardi )

Thanks again for all the pics Marie, and sorry for the EM.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Moderator Manager

awwww, cute smilie. but i had an av done but its not the philippine flag.

i'll use it next week in time for the france GP! or maybe later.

Old 06-25-2004, 01:24 AM
Elite Fan

jens: cute smilies!

linds: another new av for the french GP? cool!

marie, bel, hitzi, joan, johanna

av
Old 06-25-2004, 03:09 AM
Addicted Fan

I thought I would come and say hi even though I have nothing to say.

And thanks for everybody who thoiught my starting and title was good. I wasn't sure if the title was ok though. I nearly sent a text message to Marie to ask a new title.

And my to Marie too, I think the new rules you added are fine and you even made us coloured! Aww.

Ok, so it's Midsummer's Eve here [which we celebrate massively] and I was supposed to hoover the house one last time. Urgh. So, have a great Midsummer's Eve everybody! You're supposed to get very very drunk, if you didn't know.

Old 06-26-2004, 04:18 AM
Elite Fan

Jen I reckon that I would like being in charge of the F1. Could you imagine what that would be like?? Best job in the whole wide world - you could go to all the rounds for free and it would be your job!! Of course rubbing shoulders with all the drivers wouldn't be that bad either.

Ohmigosh!! I think that I finally worked out what those little smilies are then Jens has been posting. Are they the flags for our countries?? I just thought that they were pretty little things that you made for the thread. :d'oh:

I finally got to use the little :d'oh: smilie!! I have been wanting to do that ever since it was added

It's Elementary my dear Watson

Last edited by foreva_99; 06-26-2004 at 04:24 AM
Old 06-26-2004, 06:17 AM
Supreme Fan

hey all

glad that you all like the colour coded points totals... i think I spent about 45 mins typing it up. Just for FF to almost not let me post it i wasn't very happy with it! but i think i must have spent about 45mins to an hour working it out before i came here maybe i'd have been quicker if i wasn't trying to watch the football at the same time

Jens - thanx for posting more of those cute ickle flag smilies!!!

Hitzi - wow u almost text me for a thread title i'd have found that to be an interesting text!!

i have nothing to say really... my av sucks they are always really low quality
Old 06-26-2004, 08:03 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by foreva_99
I finally got to use the little :d'oh: smilie!! I have been wanting to do that ever since it was added
wow, proud of you! i'll never know how to use that smilie! but i'm sure my time will come soon!

marie: you know we appreciate all the hard work you're doing ranking everyone and tallying the points up! its pretty fun and interesting to find out how we did after a grand prix!

see? i kimi!!! that's why i had this av done and will use it next week!

Old 06-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Supreme Fan

hey lindsay - omg that is cutie! and u used the smilie that jens posted they are so sweet

puts my Nano av to shame
Old 06-26-2004, 10:58 AM
Supreme Fan

This was just sent to me on MSN by a friend. you need to READ IT FROM THE END AND NOT THE START. (ie read it backwards)

Latest news

21:40 - Raikkonen 'overjoyed' with Nobel public speaking award - pitpass.com
21:34 - Ecclestone: F1 newcomers 'could learn a thing or two' from Silverstone and Imola - F1-Live.com
21:06 - Coulthard sceptical about title chances - gp2004.com
21:06 - Moss envies 'sportsmanlike' modern stars - pitpass.com
21:04 - Coulthard 'keeping things in perspective - pitpass.com
20:58 - Delighted Raikkonen scoops Nobel speaking gong - planet-f1.com
20:58 - McLaren F1 star Kimi Raikkonen has as expected won a new 'public speaking' Nobel Pri... - eurosport.com
20:40 - Mosley 'optimistic' about plans to revert to Nordschleife for 2005 Europe race - gp2004.com
20:36 - Head 'staggered' by early Honda reliability - pitpass.com
20:31 - Schumi enjoying new 'supporting role' for Barrichello title bid - F1-Live.com
20:27 - Raikkonen 'overhyped' - Hakkinen - planet-f1.com
20:23 - Car wrecking Fisi 'lacked Massa's consistency' in Melbourne - Sauber - pitpass.com
20:19 - Sauber unhappy with 'erratic' Fisichella - f1racing.net
20:17 - Baumgartner confident of Sepang repeat of Melbourne success - gp2004.com
20:17 - Stoddart - Minardi progress will likely be 'hampered' by testing restrictions - gp2004.com
20:12 - Briatore says Williams are 'welcome to Webber' for '05 - planet-f1.com
20:04 - Jordan 'unimpressed' with publicity seeking playboy Heidfeld - F1i.com
20:00 - Pizzonia confirmed as Sepang replacement for sacked Webber - pitpass.com
19:58 - Purnell confirms Pizzonia call-up - gp2004.com
19:52 - Pizza boy tipped to replace disgraced Webber - F1-Live.com
19:44 - Ralf friendship 'will strengthen our challenge' says Montoya - f1Central.net
19:44 - Webber out, Pizzonia in at Milton Keynes? - pitpass.com
19:40 - Alonso 'aspires to Montoya fitness levels' in title bid -pitpass.com
19:36 - Webber out after post race spat - F1i.com
19:36 - 'Prima donna' Webber sacked by Jaguar - F1-Live.com
19:35 - Purnell: 'Prima donna' Webber out for Sepang after Melbourne spat - f1Central.net
19:29 - Barrichello frustrated by 'awkward' Fisi in Melbourne traffic - F1-Live.com
19:26 - Theissen admits new BMW powerplant 'lacking' in fight with Cosworth and Mercedes - f1Central.net
19:26 - The real story behind Jaguar's Melbourne debrief bust up - pitpass.com
19:20 - Jag bigwigs 'furious' after Webber outburst in Melbourne - pitpass.com
19:20 - Michelin man 'likely to quit F1' after Melbourne embarrasment - Dupasquier - F1i.com
19:18 - Head remains tight lipped about Michelin performance deficit - pitpass.com
19:18 - Webber's Jaguar future uncertain after Melbourne row - planet-f1.com
19:15 - Webber and Gillan in heated Melbourne debrief exchange - F1-Live.com
19:09 - Baumgartner 'not for sale' - Stoddart - F1-Live.com
19:09 - Dennis in public criticism of 'unsatisfactory' Michelin - f1Central.net
19:05 - Williams 'relieved' by discovery of Senna crash footage - f1Central.net
19:05 - Move over Michael, Zsolt's coming! - pitpass.com
19:02 - Baumgartner is 'champion' material - Stewart - pitpass.com
19:00 - di Montezemolo keeping an eye on 'impressive' Baumgartner - f1racing.net
18:59 - Full Senna crash footage recovered - gp2004.com
18:56 - Bullish Bruni keen to sample Baumgartner success at Sepang - f1racing.net
18:51 - Baumgartner reflects on dominant Melbourne victory - planet-f1.com
18:48 - Williams: Montoya 'too polite' in Schumacher battle - F1i.com
18:48 - Stoddart: 'There's no such thing as a free lunch in F1' - pitpass.com
18:46 - Minardi determined to build on Melbourne 1-2 in championship challenge - F1-Live.com
18:38 - Lacklustre Schumacher 'disappointed' with Ferrari's Melbourne reliability - f1racing.net
18:36 - Schumacher Jr. presence 'the key' to Williams team morale - Michael - f1Central.net
18:31 - Mansell tipped for McLaren comeback at Silverstone - pitpass.com
Old 06-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by *MH*
:puts my Nano av to shame
you've got to be kidding me? your nano av rocks! look at his body!

Old 06-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Supreme Fan

RALF: NO DECISION YET
Last Updated: Friday, 25, June, 2004, 03:28

Ralf Schumacher has said he has yet to make a decision about whether he will race in the upcoming French Grand Prix. The Williams-BMW driver, concussed in a crash in the United States Grand Prix is recuperating at his home in Austria.

In a statement, the German said: "As it's only been four days since I was released from hospital following the accident in Indianapolis, I cannot, at this stage, make a decision as to whether I will take part in next weekend's race in Magny-Cours.

"I am taking full advantage of the two week break between Indy and France to rest and recuperate from the accident. When the time comes to make the decision, I will be guided by Professor Sid Watkins' advice and speak to Frank Williams about the best course of action."

Williams has been taking no chances however, with back-up driver Marc Gene practising pitstops and various race setups while testing at Barcelona this week.

SATO FASTEST IN JEREZ TESTING
Last Updated: Friday, 25, June, 2004, 03:29

Takuma Sato came out on top on the third day of testing at Jerez, the Japanese driver still on a high following his first podium finish.

BAR-Honda's Sato might have been drained by the 40 degree heat, but it certainly didn't show as he completed 79 laps to set the fastest time of the day. However, Sato didn't run in the afternoon sessions when gearbox problems forced him out for the rest of the day.

McLaren's testers Alex Wurz and Pedro de la Rosa had done the donkey's work of the testing with the new McLaren, but on Thursday Kimi Raikkonen joined in the action and was immediately on the pace. Once again the Finn was satisfied with his day's work and managed to complete 121 laps with the new machine.

"It's been good just confirming what I found out at Silverstone," he said. "It's reliable but I only came back from America yesterday and I'm really tired!"

Williams' Marc Gene continued the tyre testing that he conducted on Wednesday setting the third quickest time of the day ahead of BAR-Honda's Jenson Button. The Briton's day was hampered though with transmission problems and was only able to complete 42 laps.
McLaren's David Coulthard set the fifth quickest time using a different set-up to his teammate while Antonio Pizzonia was sixth in the second Williams.

Cristiano da Matta was seventh quickest in the Toyota ahead of team test driver Ryan Briscoe, but the Brazilian struggled to test the Michelin tyres in the searing heat.

Jerez testing day 3 (unofficial)

1 Takuma Sato BAR-Honda 1m17.439s
2 Kimi Raikkonen McLaren-Mercedes 1m17.689s
3 Marc Gene Williams-BMW 1m18.182s
4 Jenson Button BAR-Honda 1m18.406s
5 David Coulthard McLaren-Mercedes 1m18.473s
6 Antonio Pizzonia Williams-BMW 1m18.855s
7 Cristiano da Matta Toyota 1m19.098s
8 Ryan Briscoe Toyota 1m19.716s

KLIEN INJURES FINGER IN THE PITS
Last Updated: Friday, 25, June, 2004, 11:32

Jaguar's Christian Klien was taken to hospital with a finger injury after a freak pit accident while testing at Barcelona.

The Austrian caught his finger in a fan while trying to cool himself, causing a deep cut to his right forefinger.

Klien is expected to recover in time to participate in next weekend's French Grand Prix.

“The top of his finger was sliced quite deeply, "said a Jaguar spokesman. "It is quite a substantial flesh wound and cannot be simply stitched together.

”Christian has been given a tetanus injection, and the wound has been heavily bandaged. We are confident of the healing process being successful prior to the French Grand Prix."

Mark Webber will take over Christian's testing duties for the remainder of the test.

FERRARI SETS BARCELONA TEST PACE
Last Updated: Friday, 25, June, 2004, 11:15

Ferrari test driver Luca Badoer set the pace on the third day of testing at Barcelona ahead of Renault's Fernando Alonso and Michael Schumacher.

Badoer, who along with his world champion team-mate, concentrated on tyre testing and car development work, was more than 0.2s quicker than the Spaniard and more than a second quicker than his illustrious team-mate.

Alonso, along with Renault test driver Franck Montagny who was sixth fastest, were satisfied to have completed their suspension and set-up programmes. Renault has suffered various technical issues which has hit the team's reliability record hard in the last two grands prix.

“We ran both engines to their maximum mileage without any problems, changed them and continued with our programmes this afternoon,” said Renault's chief test engineer Christian Silk. “To complete nearly 200 laps is very reassuring.”

Mark Webber was fourth quickest for Jaguar ahead of sole Sauber representative Felipe Massa who was concentrating on Bridgestone tyre development.

Jaguar's Christian Klien was seventh fastest, before splitting his finger open in a freak pit garage accident which has precluded him from further running in the test.

Barcelona testing day 3 (unofficial)

1 Luca Badoer Ferrari 1m14.881s
2 Fernando Alonso Renault 1m15.194s
3 Michael Schumacher Ferrari 1m16.163s
4 Mark Webber Jaguar-Cosworth 1m16.336s
5 Felipe Massa Sauber-Petronas 1m17.008s
6 Franck Montagny Renault 1m17.195s
7 Christian Klien Jaguar-Cosworth 1m17.228s
8 Bjorn Wirdheim Jaguar-Cosworth 1m18.025s

MOSLEY TO RUSH THROUGH REFORMS
Last Updated: Friday, 25, June, 2004, 10:43

Max Mosley has threatened to force through proposals to overhaul F1 a year early on safety grounds.

Recent events have convinced the FIA president that F1 cars have now become dangerously fast.

Mosley believes Ralf Schumacher’s shunt at Indy and Felipe Massa’s accident at Canada should act as a wake-up call to the sport.

He is determined to ensure that teams accept his plans, which should also have the benefit of cutting the costs of competing in F1.

Mosley told the Daily Telegraph: "Formula 1's technical working group has been saying for more than two years that engine power needs to be reduced.

"We have seen with Massa and Ralf Schumacher that speeds in F1 are dangerously fast. We have to act now."

Many of Mosley’s planned changes were not due to come into force until 2006 but the president now hopes to introduce many of them as soon as next year.

In order to get his way, Mosley has threatened to invoke Article 7.5 of the Concorde Agreement, which gives the FIA the right of veto when safety is an issue.

The article, which has never been used before, was introduced following Ayrton Senna’s death at the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix.

At the next meeting of the F1 Commission in London next Monday, Mosley plans to give the teams two months to come up with their own plans to reform the sport.

Should they fail to reach an agreement, the FIA will present them with three options and give them a further 45 days to make their choice.

If the teams fail to make their minds up again, Mosley will impose the changes without their consent.

Mosley said: "I expect dissent. Article 7.5 is a way of applying pressure. If the teams can't come up with the required changes, we will."

JV'S WILLIAMS HOPES FADING?
Last Updated: Thursday, 24, June, 2004, 04:19

The chances of Jacques Villeneuve driving for Williams in 2005 are fading, according to the latest paddock rumours.

The news has yet to be confirmed but we hear that Craig Pollock, Villeneuve's manager, is pushing to get a drive elsewhere.

The favourite for the Williams drive next year remains Mark Webber but Jarno Trulli,
Giancarlo Fisichella and David Coulthard are also thought to be on the list.

Trulli has popped up on the scene in recent days following stories that there are difficulties in negotiations between Jarno and Renault.

It had been thought that Jarno's re-signing would be a formality but since his victory in Monaco it seems that the Italian has upped his demands and these are rather more than Renault is willing to offer.

It is not clear whether these reports are true or whether this is another attempt to open up a Renault drive for Webber so that Williams will have to pay to get Webber's release.

Trulli might end up at Williams but if that happens Briatore may need to find another driver because Mark Webber is believed to be keen on going to Williams rather than moving to Renault, even if the French team is currently doing rather better.

It is also a vague possibility that Briatore might send over both Webber and Trulli and keep open up a Renault drive for Jacques Villeneuve.

Trulli might have some chance of a drive at Toyota but with Ralf Schumacher already signed up it is thought more likely that the team will go for Olivier Panis again to ensure continuity and then go for Fernando Alonso when he becomes available in 2006 or 2007.

The team wants an experienced race driver and so will not be going for Ryan Briscoe and we hear that Ricardo Zonta is so highly thought of as a test driver that he will remain in that role.

Meanwhile, the possibility of Villeneuve deputising for Ralf at the French GP now looks increasingly unlikely.

It has been strongly suggested that Williams will turn to regular reserve driver Marc Gene should Ralf miss the race while convalescing following his Indy shunt.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread