Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2017, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I can imagine. But that made the eventual victory all the more deserved and sweet, I'm sure.

I hope that's the case in the end of this season too with Real being #1. xD League games this weekend again, I just want Real to start doing well.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It really does.

I watched the Barcelona game and it was very weird seeing them playing in an empty stadium. I see Real Madrid won.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Old 10-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was really strange. I understand it was necessary because of safety issues (and La Liga probably should have let them postpone it) but it's not good when politics interfere with sports like that. I hope the situation will be resolved, I don't like the speculation about Barcelona leaving La Liga if Catalunya becomes independent. As much as I don't like the team, it just wouldn't be the same (no Clasicos??).

International break going on and so far England, Spain and Germany have secured a spot in the World Cup. Important victories tonight for Portugal and France too. Portugal was struggling in the 1st half without Cristiano (the coach probably decided not to play him because he was one yellow away from suspension) but he came in for the 2nd half and of course changed the game, scoring Portugal's first and setting up the second goal. Always a massive impact. Now they're just one win away from the World Cup, if they beat Switzerland on Tuesday, they're in!

Also, Argentina might not make it.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I thought they should have let them postpone the match. I didn't even realize that Barcelona could leave La Liga.

I can't believe Argentina might not make the World Cup. It would be weird not seeing Messi playing. I mean him and Ronaldo are the 2 most well known soccer players in the world.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They threatened them with a loss of points if they didn't play, that was kinda harsh. Yeah, I'm not sure why there even is speculation about it. It would make most sense for them (and other Catalan clubs) to stay in La Liga. All the talk about them going to the French or Italian leagues, or the Premier League seems ludicrous. (And I suppose no one's interested in a Catalan league.)

It would be weird but they haven't been playing well at all, they've been subpar througout their campaign. It's still theoretically possible for them to make it, we'll see on Tuesday. But they'll have to improve a lot (and it depends on how the other South American teams do, too).

Of course it would be the best to have the biggest stars featured in the biggest sports event of the world.

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 10-11-2017 at 11:31 AM
Old 10-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I saw they said they'd lose 3 points for not playing and then another 3 points. Six points would be too much to give up. I hope they stay in La Liga.

Yeah I'm shocked they're playing so badly. They had the final last time so I don't get what happened.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah that seemed kinda excessive because matches have had to been postponed for various reasons before without anyone dropping any points. But of course there were probably politics involved. And I really hope so too.

Me neither. But anyway, they qualified. Though all I really care about is that Colombia did too.

Also, Portugal and France qualified. Really happy about that (I was super nervous watching the Portugal - Switzerland match last night ). Now 5/6 of my teams are qualified and I have faith that Italy will go through the playoffs.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I don't blame them for deciding to play. Though I know some people weren't happy.

Yes I saw they qualified. Messi scored 3 goals which isn't too surprising. Glad your teams qualified. Unfortunately the US didn't qualify. Everyone here is quite angry by the results. Also shocking that Chile is out as well.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah they can't really be blamed. But I can imagine for example all the foreign fans who had traveled to see the game and couldn't enter the stadium were pretty disappointed.

I'm very happy I'll be seeing all my favorite teams in the World Cup. I saw that the US surprisingly didn't qualify because of the last match. I still hope that the American fans will tune in. I mean our national team has never been even close to qualifying (although they actually had decent results in their last few matches but at that point they were already out of the WC ) but I've still been watching the WC (and the Euros) very excitedly for almost 20 years.

Chile not qualifying was pretty shocking too (and resulted in another fake retirement ). Also the Netherlands didn't make it (again, they also missed the last Euros).

Club football is back this weekend.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did Alexis Sanchez retire from the team?? The Americans badly like garbage all through qualifying. And there's no excuse for them not to considering they're like the second best team in this region next to Mexico. The advertisers here aren't happy they put down a lot of money for the WC. Sadly soccer here will take a hit. Though I totally plan to still watch the C. Also imagine if Messi did retire from the national team; Argentina wouldn't be in the WC

So happy club soccer is back. It was only 2 weeks but it felt like so much more.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No, it was Arturo Vidal, but he came back a few hours later. And I definitely get the disappointment of not qualifying, especially since they haven't missed The World Cup since 1986. It's sad if soccer will take a hit. Glad you will be watching it though, it can still be a lot of fun even though your NT is not there.

Haha, yeah I guess Messi is happy now that he let them talk him out of his retirement.

Me too! It does seem like a much longer time. But good to have it back, nice results in La Liga the past weekend. And some interesting ones in the PL too.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm excited to watch for the top players in the world and most of them will be there.

I'm sure they're glad they talked Messi out of it otherwise they wouldn't be heading to Russia either.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:00 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Good draw I suppose by Roma vs. Chelsea. At least they didn't lose. Saints came back to to get a draw vs. Newcastle on Sunday which was nice. The MLS Playoffs begin next week.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Cyatt (View Post)
I'm excited to watch for the top players in the world and most of them will be there.

I'm sure they're glad they talked Messi out of it otherwise they wouldn't be heading to Russia either.
Me too definitely. It's the biggest sports event in the world, I wouldn't miss it.

Haha, they must be, they really struggled with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Good draw I suppose by Roma vs. Chelsea. At least they didn't lose. Saints came back to to get a draw vs. Newcastle on Sunday which was nice. The MLS Playoffs begin next week.
It was an exciting match with so many goals, and it's looking good for both Chelsea and Roma at the moment with Atletico drawing again. That's nice for the Saints! And I didn't know about the MLS playoffs, I will really have to try to catch some of those matches at some point.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Same here. I'm really excited to watch the World Cup.

I didn't know the MLB playoffs were starting either.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread