Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here is my reaction after today`s latest diabacle from Arsenal.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Rod, I've got the same expression, believe me.... Wenger has to surely buy people in the Summer now..

Well we'll been playing in the Championship next season
Old 04-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah i`m all for some new blood on the squad next season. Seriously how the ******* do you lose to freaking Bolton?

Also my condolences on West Ham being routed by Chelsea yesterday. However at least there is still some hope for you with the Hammers being only two points from the safe zone, although they will have a lot of work to do, especially with Manchester City next.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Rod, we lose to Bolton all the time

If we get a point against Man City I think I'll be happy..
Old 04-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

There goes another season - nine points up to the playoffs with only six left to play for. Roll on August...
Old 04-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

August I don't want to come around...
Old 04-27-2011, 04:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

So it seems this season wasn*t any good for all of us.

Too bad Schalke didn't play well last night. Neuer was once again a freaking wall, ey? Made me smile so hard when they showed Ferguson's interview where he said they weren't interested. Too bad for you. Neuer also said that ManU wasn't an option.

Bayern drew on the weekend whereas Hannover won, so we're back to 4th place. I'm starting to believe we'll play Euro League next season.

So sorry to here about West Hams loss. But the season's not over yet, there's sill a chance. Keeping my fingers crossed for sure.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Thanks Kerstin , although there's only so much fight left..

Man.Utd got one step into the Champions League final by winning 0-2 in their semi-final..
Old 04-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

Well, but there's still fight left. Right?

Unfortunately it seems that they are making the finale. Makes me root for whoever wins the other semi (secretly keeping my fingers crossed for Real). ManU is my anthrax, I guess.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Must admit I want Real to win, because of Jose..
Old 04-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

The last 20 minutes of the Real-Barcelona match was nuts!

Old 04-28-2011, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Must admit I think Barcelona are a dirty side, they wanted the whole Madrid team sent off..
Old 04-29-2011, 01:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

Ey what happened to my post from yesterday??

Was something along the lines what you're saying. Tracey. I think Barca are just as dirty as everyone else they are playing with all the demanding of cards(which pisses me off the most really), going down to easily and quiet provocations. All that yada yada about feeling the need to be protected makes me wonder a little when they aren't showing much respect on their part how can you expect the others to do so.

Looks like this will be a very anti climatic finale for me...
Old 04-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Kerstin. The Barca players trying to get cards shown to Real players was ridiculous, I wish the ref would have booked them instead..
Old 04-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

Barca fans probably should skip my post.

Quote:
Must admit I think Barcelona are a dirty side, they wanted the whole Madrid team sent off..
They did the same thing against Arsenal, the first leg they spent the entire first half trying to get Song sent off, I think everyone was amazed he'd even lasted until half time the way the Barcelona players had been targeting him, every little thing he did they went down like a ton of bricks. It's almost as if when Barcelona are up against teams who are actually able to match them or at least hold them they feel that's the way forward.

I'm sure Jose will be punished for his comments but I actually think there is some truth in them, maybe not to the extent he is suggesting, but referees do seem to favour Barcelona for whatever reason, and I think people are afraid to call what many people say is the greatest team in the world 'cheats'. I'm not saying Real Madrid or other teams are perfect but they certainly don't seem to get as many decisions their way as Barcelona seem to get.

I'd love to hear an explanation from Alves as to why he spent so long rolling on the floor and was then stretched off the pitch, if only for a matter of seconds, when replays show there was no contact.

I wish referees would actually make more of an effort in the Champions League to stamp out diving and what can only be described as acting. When a player behaves in that way regardless of who they are or who they play for, the referee needs to punish them and show it's not acceptable, whilst they allow particularly players like Alves to get away with behaving in that way, it's only going to continue. With referees not just allowing it to go unpunished but then punishing the opposing team is it any wonder the likes of Mourinho are starting to question if there's something going on? That's twice now in this year's CL where Barca have benefited from not just generous, but what can only be described as crazy referee decisions and those decisions have effectively determined the result. I know football isn't fair at times and referees make mistakes but when the stakes are this high you expect the referee to make the right calls. When it comes to sending players off it's not something you guess at, if you didn't see contact you don't send the player off without speaking to the other officials, going on a player's reaction imo is not a reason to send a player off, well unless we are talking broken bones and blood and clear evidence a dangerous tackle was made. Sorry, rant over

Vicky
Closed Thread   Post New Thread