Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 08:48 AM
Banned

Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread: For The #1 Player On The Field.

1. B.Davis-Baker
2. CityGal
3. The Survivor

Last edited by NikNak; 09-29-2014 at 07:53 AM
brexluv22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:14 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting this thread for Derek Jeter fans!
Old 12-23-2007, 07:08 AM
Banned

Your very welcome
Old 12-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, DJ and Santa!

Thanks for this!
Old 12-28-2007, 06:33 PM
New Fan

awwe this boy's so adorable. <3
Old 12-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsoccerbaby20 (View Post)
awwe this boy's so adorable. <3
He really is. At least he looks like he is. Hehe. I love that he's so close w/ his parents.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Banned

Glad you all like it! I love him so much that i tried looking for a thread for him but there wasn't any so i thought hey why not.

I agree he is very cute.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

derek jeter is the man. thank you for starting this thread for jeter fans

tumblr
spicegirl_mel&makslover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi all, just wanted to tell all Jeter fans that i changed my name.

Still love the best guy on the field.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
MrღMrsStinsbatskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi I'm Nikki! Can I be added to the list? Derek Jeter was the first baseball player I ever became a fan of and now after 14 years he's still one of the best and most favorite player in my mind.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Please add me to the list.

This is his final season, and will be greatly missed.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:10 PM
MST Manager

I don't think there is really a list, but I will start one for you guys.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, NikNak

Great video at link.

Derek Jeter gets presidential sendoff from George W. Bush in Texas | MLB.com: News
Quote:
ARLINGTON -- By now, Derek Jeter is used to the celebrations, the pregame festivities that opposing teams honor him with in his final stops at their ballparks. Typically, he knows what to expect. But that wasn't fully the case Wednesday night when the Rangers honored the shortstop by surprising him with a special on-field presentation from the 43rd President of the United States, George W. Bush.

Bush, a former managing partner of the Rangers from 1989-1994, had just been on the video board a few minutes earlier, smiling as he recounted the advice Jeter had given him before he threw the first pitch of Game 3 of the 2001 World Series. Seven weeks removed from the 9/11 attacks, Bush was hoping his presence in Yankee Stadium would be a calming one to the American people that night.

"Don't bounce it," Jeter had told him. "They'll boo you."

Jeter laughed Wednesday, standing next to former Rangers All-Stars Michael Young and Ivan Rodriguez, only to see Bush enter the field from the Rangers' dugout area seconds later. Bush smiled, giving the baseball icon a signed photo taken in the indoor batting cage before he threw the first pitch that October night in New York.

Jeter didn't expect the on-field surprise.

"I had heard he was coming to the stadium, but I didn't know he was going on the field," Jeter said. "That's a pretty special feeling, when you have a President come out and give you something to honor you. That's definitely a memory I'll have for a long time. I'll be able to brag to a lot of different people."

Rodriguez and Young presented Jeter with a $10,000 donation from the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation to go toward his Turn 2 Foundation, and he also received a pair of Lucchese Italian goat leather cowboy boots. The boots had his name, number and the Yankees' logo on them to have something to remember Texas by.

Jeter was asked if the surprise visit by President Bush was more meaningful than the gifts.

"It's an experience, you know what I mean?" said Jeter. "That's a gift within itself. Not too many people can say they've had the President come out and honor them in a ceremony. It meant a lot to me."

"I think you have to have a pretty special guy in order to have a ceremony like that," Young said. " In a lot of ways, Derek's kind of a cultural icon in this country, not necessarily just a Hall of Fame baseball player. But you have to be a pretty special guy in order to get that kind of a sendoff. I think Chipper [Jones] got it a lot, Cal Ripken Jr. of course, Mariano [Rivera], Derek -- giants of the game."

Jeter entered his final game in Globe Life Park on Wednesday batting .333 with 10 home runs and 40 RBIs through 72 regular-season games there. He's played seven playoff games at the park -- in the American League Division Series in 1996, 1998 and 1999, and the AL Championship Series in 2010.

"He's an unbelievable player. When I'm not playing against him, I love to watch him play -- the things that he does, the things that he did in the field," Rodriguez said. "If there's a way to teach a kid how to hit a baseball, that's the best way to teach a kid how to hit a baseball."

Grace Raynor is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:01 PM
MST Manager

Ooo, thanks for that! Appreciate it.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for creating "the list"