Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

College Football Thread: Because we`ll finally have a playoff in FBS soon!

Welcome everyone to the College Football Discussion Thread. This is the place here at to discuss all things about college football. The only rules we have here are not to get too hostile with debates and no dirty pictures of players, cheerleaders, coaches and/or fans. This is a PG-13 board.

FF College Football Fan Club:

1. Hot Rod (Alabama)
2. NikNak (Syracuse)
3. BearDogg-X (LSU)
4. NOLA504 (LSU)
5. canflam (Washington)

If you like to be added to the club, just ask, list your favorite team and you`ll be added.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 01-08-2013 at 08:45 PM
Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Take a look at it everyone. National Championship #15 for Alabama.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

TFTNT Rod!!!

and congrats to Bama
Old 01-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Maurice.

Here`s the final AP Top 25:

1.Alabama (59)
2.Oregon
3.Ohio St.
4.Notre Dame
5.Texas A&M
5.Georgia
7.Stanford
8.South Carolina
9.Florida
10.Florida St.
11.Clemson
12.Kansas St.
13.Louisville
14.LSU
15.Oklahoma
16.Utah St.
17.Northwestern
18.Boise St.
19.Texas
20.Oregon St.
21.San Jose St.
22.Northern Illinois
23.Vanderbilt
24.Michigan

Also in coaching news that will of interest to Nikki, Syracuse named Scott Shafer as it`s new head coach yesterday.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
Also in coaching news that will of interest to Nikki, Syracuse named Scott Shafer as it`s new head coach yesterday.
Thanks, dear. You remembered that I love Syracuse! Sweet.

Congrats to Alabama! I was definitely expecting.... more. *shrugs* It was a rout.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:27 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I missed most of that game yesterday, but saw Dan Le Batard's show & feel bad for AJ McCarron now.

Please add me to the support list with my team being the Washington Huskies.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I`ve added you to the list. Glad to have you in the club and sorry about the Huskies tough loss in their bowl game.

Also i haven`t forgotten about you Nikki. Congrats on the Orange`s win in the Pinstripe Bowl.

Lastly look what i got in the mail today.

S.I. smartly puts Bama on the cover after their dominating win over Notre Dame. This will definitely be an heirloom for me along my special 1992 National Championship S.I. issue.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

That's an awesome cover. My whole family called me crazy for picking Alabama. They thought Notre Dame had some outstanding season. Tisk tisk, lol.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:19 PM

They did have an outstanding season, considering a Freshman QB started each game I believe for em & just consider where they were at the beginning of the 2012 season, compared to the Trojans, though Stanford should have won vs. Notre Dame & then who knows what bowl game the Irish would have been in?
Old 02-06-2013, 03:39 PM

It's National Signing Day everyone! How did your teams do? Washington will get Keishawn Bierra, who's a top LB from Harbor City Narbonne. I don't follow High School, so haven't gotten to see most of these recruits play yet. Only saw may be 1 High School game last season. Good luck to all your teams.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Alabama did very well once again as they had the top class yet again, which they capped off by getting commitments from 4 star running back Alvin Kamara and 5 star defensive tackle A`Shawn Robinson earlier today. Those are great additions to an already outstanding class Coach Saban has gotten along with Reuben Foster, Robert Foster, O.J. Howard and Derrick Henry, who is a freakishly 6-3 245 pound running back that could be moved over to defense at . The only negative for the Tide is missing out on 5 star safety Vonn Bell, who signed with Ohio State.

The other standout that did very well was Ole Miss, who finally officially signed the #1 player in the nation, Robert Nkemdiche along with Laremy Tunsil, Antonio Connor and Laquon Treadwell.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 02-06-2013 at 07:39 PM
Old 02-08-2013, 05:01 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
It's National Signing Day everyone!
I had never heard of this before this week.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:14 PM

Oh Are you excited about who your favorite school signed?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:14 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
Also i haven`t forgotten about you Nikki. Congrats on the Orange`s win in the Pinstripe Bowl.
I forgot to say, thanks, buddy.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

12 Florida A&M band members charged
Source: Espn

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Prosecutors are charging 12 former Florida A&M University band members with manslaughter in the 2011 hazing death of a drum major.

Ten of the band members had been charged last May with felony hazing for the death of 26-year-old Robert Champion, but prosecutors said Monday they are raising the charges to manslaughter. They also have charged two additional defendants with manslaughter.

Champion died in Orlando in November of 2011 after he collapsed following what prosecutors say was a savage beating during a hazing ritual. The incident allegedly happened on a bus parked in a hotel parking lot after Florida A&M played Bethune-Cookman in their annual rivalry football game.

Authorities say Champion had bruises on his chest, arms, shoulder and back and died of internal bleeding. Witnesses told emergency dispatchers that the drum major was vomiting before he was found unresponsive aboard the bus.

Florida A&M hired alumnus Bryan F. Smith as its anti-hazing administrator this past January.

Smith, who most recently was executive director and co-founder of Destined for Success Educational Services in Decatur, Ga., said his goal will be to change a hazing culture on Florida A&M's Tallahassee campus.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread