Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2014, 02:29 PM
I am a basketball genius!

She plays Barbora Zahlavova Strycova tomorrow if you know of her. Expecting another win by Caroline though.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:39 PM

Caroline won her first title on the WTA tour today.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I`m very happy that Caroline won her first title of the year at Istanbul earlier today. She had a great week in Istanbul and capped it off with an impressive performance today. Hopefully this will be a big confidence booster for Caro with the US Open Series around the corner. Of course i can't forget to mention Caro winning her first title of the year a few hours before her ex Rory won the Open Championship.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just want to inform everyone that Caroline will be back in action this week at the Rogers Cup in Montreal. In fact she`s scheduled to take on Daniela Hantuchova today. I really hope that Caro will do well in Montreal. She has some good momentum coming off of her title win in Istanbul and i really hope that she can keep it going in Montreal.

Also Caro is scheduled to run in the New York Marathon in November. I like to get everyone`s opinions on this.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:30 PM

She seems fit enough to do it, so wish her well. Not many pro athletes in their ''prime'' have apparently ran a marathon before, so good for her doing it.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Caro is definitely pretty fit, but at the same time, running a marathon is much different than playing a tennis match. I`m sure she has been doing some training for the marathon.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Caroline made her return to action in Montreal yesterday, where she routed Daniela Hantuchova 6-1, 6-1. Good win for Caro. This was a pretty good performance from her and a great way to start things in Montreal.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:52 PM

So she plays Genie today?
Old 08-08-2014, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Actually Caro played Shelby Rogers, who upset Genie in the first round, yesterday and routed her 6-1, 6-0.

Good win for Caro.

She looked very sharp in delivering another outstanding performing.

Caro will be back in action later today in the quarterfinals, where she will take on Serena Williams. Obviously this is going to be a much tougher match for her. She will need to come out strong and serve to have a chance in it. I really hope that Caro will do well in it.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:15 PM

Oops. I haven't seen any of the matches this tournament until Caroline's match today vs. Serena Williams. Disappointing loss of course, though it was to the #1 ranked women's player at this time.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah it was a tough loss for Caroline against Serena Williams earlier today.

She got off to a good start by winning the first set and really hung in this, but just wasn't able to come through on some crucial points.

Even with today`s loss, i`m very proud of Caro for playing so well and making a nice run in Montreal. Hopefully she can build on for Cincinnati next week.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:03 PM

Caroline won her 1st round match yesterday.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just want to inform everyone that Caroline will be back in action on Day 1 of the US Open tomorrow as she will take on Magdalena Rybarikova. Caro recently defeated the Czech in straight sets in Cincinnati. This looks like a favorable match for her. Caro will need to come out strong to set the tone. I really hope that she will do well in tomorrow`s match. She had a couple of pretty good runs recently in Montreal and Cincinnati, but took a step back with an early exit in New Haven last week. So now is the time for Caro to step it up.

Also here are a couple of pics of her practicing at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.

Old 08-24-2014, 02:58 PM

Thanks. I'll try to catch it.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Caroline got her campaign underway at the US Open yesterday against Magdalena Rybarikova. She was leading 6-1, 3-6, 2-0 when Rybarikova was forced to retire due to an injured left hip.

Caro got off to a pretty good, dominating the first set,

but struggled in the second set. However she was starting to get it back going before Rybarikova retired.

So it was a good win for Caro. She played good, but there's still room for improvement.

Next up for Caroline in the second round will be Aliaksandra Sasnovich. This will be their first meeting. This looks like a favorable match for Caro, although there is the element of the unknown since she has never played Sasnovich before. I really hope that she will do well in it.