Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I`m very envious of you that you`ll get to see Caro in person next month. I hope that you`ll get to meet her and get a pic or two with her.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:03 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I meant that I was going to see her play on TV. New Haven is too far away from here. Actually not many WTA Tennis Tournaments happen around here. The closest 1 I know of is the Bank of the West Classic at Stanford.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh okay. I thought for a moment that you were going to see Caro in person.

Also i don`t think that she will be playing in the Bank Of The West Classic barring a last minute entrance.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

After taking a much needed break, Caroline will make her long awaited return to action at the Rogers Cup in Toronto. In fact here is the singles draw:

Rogers Cup singles

[1] Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) vs Bye
Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) vs Roberta Vinci (ITA)
Venus Williams (USA) vs Ana Ivanovic (SRB)
Q vs [16] Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)

[10] Samantha Stosur (AUS) vs Ayumi Morita (JPN)
[WC] Aleksandr Wozniak (CAN) vs Shahar Peer (ISR)
Shuai Peng (CHN) vs Q
[6] Li Na (CHN) vs Bye

[3] Vera Zvonareva (RUS) vs Bye
Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS) vs Nadia Petrova (RUS)
Q vs Lucie Hradecka (CZE)
Elena Vesnina (RUS) vs [13] Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)

[11] Andrea Petkovic (GER) vs [WC] Eugenie Bouchard (CAN)
Klara Zakopalova (CZE) vs Q
Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) vs Sara Errani (ITA)
[7] Petra Kvitova (CZE) vs Bye

Caroline has a very tough looking section with Yanina Wickmayer, Venus Williams, Ana Ivanovic and Dominika Cibulkova there. Even if Caro could find a way to get out of there, she could likely face Na Li in the quarterfinals. I really hope that Caroline will do well in Toronto next week. Obviously she has a pretty tough road ahead of her, but if she can find a way to elevate her play, then she has a good chance in Toronto.

Anyway here are a couple of pics of Caroline at the ESPN studio recently.

Caro`s legs look mighty good in that pic.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:07 PM

Thanks. Can't wait to see her play!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well Caroline`s request to repeat as champion in Canada came to an early end as she was upset by Roberta Vinci 4-6, 5-7.

What a disappointing performance from Caroline.

Her serve didn`t look good at all in the windy conditions and she had a lot of unforced errors. Plus Caro had a chance to turn things around in the second set, but instead she blew a 5-1 lead. I don`t know what else is there to say other than this is a bad start on the road to the US Open for Caroline. Obviously there is a lot of work for her to do.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Caroline will return to action this week at the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati. Here is [url=http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/posting/2011/1017/MDS.pdfthe draw[/url]. This looks like another tough one for Caro, with her likely meeting Tsvetana Pironkova in the second round. Should she get past that match, she will likely face Roberta Vinci, Nadia Petrova or Ana Ivanovic in the third round. I really hope that Caroline will do well in Cincinnati this week. Obviously she has a tough road ahead of her, but if she can get a win or two, i think that it will help restore her confidence.

Anyway here are some practice pics from Cincinnati.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:21 PM

Surprised that she lost in Toronto. Do you know when the women's singles draw for the U.S. Open gets announced?
Old 08-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

It`s announced about five days before the tournament.

Well it was another disappointing day for Caroline as she was upset by Christina McHale 4-6, 5-7.

What a disappointing performance from Caro. She played way too passively, especially in the crucial points and gradually lost her confidence as the match progressed. I don`t know what else is there to say other than Caroline really need to do a lot of work with the US Open around the corner, because i`m pretty concern about her mindset with this being her first slump in a while.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just want to inform everyone that Caroline will be back in action this week at the New Haven Open, where she will be going for her fourth straight title. In fact here is the draw. I think that this looks like tough road for Caro. If she can find a way to get a win or two, then i think that it will restore her confidence. I really hope that Caro will do well in New Haven. She needs to shake off the recent early exits and find a way to build some positive momentum heading into the US Open.

Also i`m sure y`all has already heard the news that Piotr will no longer be coaching Caroline. I`m not surprised about this and had a feeling that it was bound to happen sooner or later. I think that Piotr has done all he can to help Caro, but right now she needs a coach that can get her to be more offensive in her game, which would greatly increase her chances of getting that elusive Grand Slam title. So far no word on who the candidates will be, but i`ll be sure to give the news of it as soon as possible.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Caroline returned to action in New Haven last night and she didn`t have much trouble as she routed Polona Hercog 6-3, 6-0. Good win for Caro. This is a much needed win for her. Hopefully this will help restore her confidence. This is a good start for Caro.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Last night in New Haven, Caroline defeated Francesca Schiavone 7-6(2), 6-3.

Good win for Caro.

This was a pretty tough match as expected, but she did a good job of coming through on the crucial points. Plus i`m really pleased with how poise Caro was when she was down 2-4 in the first set.

So it`s on to the final for Caroline, where she will take on the surprising Petra Cetkovska later today. This will be their first ever meeting. I think that Caro will need to come out right from the start. I really hope that she will do well in today`s match and can bring home her fourth straight title in New Haven.

Lastly here is a pic of Caroline with Rory and the Yale football team.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not a caroline fan at all but thought i'd share this:

Commentators were saying that no wonder caroline hasn't been doing well in cincy, because she had her hands full
Old 08-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh god. , get a room. Caroline`s attention in Cincy was mostly focused around Rory. In fact here is a great pic of Rory with Piotr.

Rory`s obviously a bit nervous sitting next to Piotr, who looks like he wants to give him a little smack upside the head.

BTW if you`re wondering, i`m willing to share Caroline with Rory. A couple of days with her wouldn`t be too much to ask.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They look kinda angry Is that one of her matches?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread