Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Caroline was back in action yesterday in Rome, where she defeated Yanina Wickmayer 6-1, 7-6(4). Good win for Caro. She got off to a pretty good start with a strong first set. In the second set, she jumped out to a 3-1 lead, but took her foot off the gas a bit as Yanina Wickmayer stepped her play to break back. However Caro got it going when it was needed in the tiebreaker to win it in straight sets. So it was a good win for Caro today. I`m pleased with how well she responded to a tough second set. Next up for her tomorrow will be Jelena Jankovic. This will be their third meeting of the year, with Caro winning the previous meetings at Dubai and Charleston. I expect her to get another tough battle against Jelena Jankovic, who has been playing better lately. I really hope that Caroline will do well in today`s match.

Anyway here are some pics from yesterday`s match.

Nice of Caroline to give us a peek of her cute butt.

Good job Caroline.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yesterday in Rome, Caroline defeated Jelena Jankovic 6-3, 1-6, 6-3. Good win for Caro. This was a pretty tough match for her, but she did a good job of stepping up her play in the third set.

Coming up later today, Caro will take on Maria. This will be their second meeting of the year, with Caro winning the previous meeting 6-1, 6-2 in the semifinals at Indian Wells. She has dominated Maria lately and if she can keep the rallies as long as possible, which isn`t Maria`s strong suit, then i like her chances. I really hope that Caroline will do well in today`s match.

Anyway here are some pics from yesterday`s match.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well Caroline`s run in Rome sadly came to an end today as she was defeated by Maria 5-7, 3-6.

What a tough loss for Caro today. She really struggled with her serve and got taken out of her comfort zone by trying to make Maria`s offensive attack, resulting in a few more unforced errors than usual. The effort was there from Caro, but she didn`t have an answer for Maria`s good play.

It was a good run in Rome for Caroline, but today`s match showed that she has some work to do if she wants to have a chance at winning the French Open title. She really needs to find a way to get a little more pop on her serve, especially on her second serve.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry that i`m late with the Caroline updates at the Brussels Ladies Open.

She was in action in the semifinals earlier today, where he defeated Francesca Schiavone 6-4, 4-6, 6-3. Good win for Caroline. She wasn`t at her best today, but did a good job of stepping up her play in the third set.

Tomorrow Caro will take on Shuai Peng in the final. This looks like a tough match for Caro, but at the same time, this is a great opportunity for her to get another title. I really hope that she will do well and can bring home her fourth title of the year.

Anyway here are some pics from today`s match.

Good job Caroline.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Earlier today in Brussels, Caroline defeated Shuai Peng 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 to win the Brussels Ladies Open.

What a great win for Csro.

It was another tough match for her,

but she did a good job of keeping it together and stepping up in the crucial situations to pull out the win.

I`m really proud of Caroline for playing throughout the week in Brussels and coming out with her fourth title of the year. This is a nice way for her to head into the French Open, which starts tomorrow. In fact here is Caroline`s section of the women`s singles draw. It looks favorable early, but there are plenty of tough players there like 2009 champion Svetlana Kuznetsova, Samantha Stosur and Julia Goerges, who has beaten Caro twice this year. Obviously this is going to be a pretty tough road for her at Roland Garros, however if she can find a way to step up her offensive attack, then i like Caro`s chances of winning the French Open. I really hope that she will do well in the French Open.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just dropping by to inform everyone that Caroline will take on Kimiko Date-Krumm in her first round match. This looks like a tougher than usual first round match for Caro, especially with the quick turnaround from Brussels. She will need to come out strong right from the start. I really hope that Caroline will do well in today`s match.

BTW i like to see the Caroline fans here at FF come out and show your support for Caro here. She will really need our support during the French Open.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 05-23-2011 at 02:45 PM
Old 05-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Caroline got her French Open underway earlier today and she didn`t have much trouble as she routed Kimiko Date-Krumm 6-0, 6-2. Good win for Caroline. She played better than i expected today and did a good job of playing some good solid tennis. This is a pretty good start for Caroline. Next she will take on Aleksandra Wozniak. This looks like a favorable match for Caro, especially with how she has dominated Wozniak. I really hope that Caroline will do well in that match.

Good job Caroline.

Nice to see her take a picture with a couple of fans after the match.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Caroline returned to action for her second round match at the French Open against Aleksandra Wozniak earlier today and came out with a 6-2, 7-6(6) win. Good win for Caro. She got off to a good start with a nice solid performance in the first set, but her play got sloppy in the second set as Aleksandra Wozniak showed some tougher resistance. In face Caro was down 3-6 in the tiebreaker, but finally stepped up her play to save three set points and then won the next two points to close out the win. So it was a good performance from Caroline today. Obviously it was far from her best one, but she did a good job of keeping it together in a tough second set, especially when she saved those three set points. Next up for Caro in the third round will be Daniela Hantuchova. This will be their second meeting of the year, with Caro winning the previous one at Miami 6-1, 7-6(7). I think that Caro will need to improve on her play for this match, because Dani is capable of beating a lot of players when she`s on. Caro got by despite her less than stellar play today, but she can`t do that against a veteran like Dani. So i think that she will need to come out strong right from the start. I really hope that Caroline will do well in that match.

Good job Caroline.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Eliminated in straight sets
she was my pick
Old 05-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well Caroline`s run at the French Open sadly came to an end as she was routed by Daniela Hantuchova 1-6, 3-6.

What a disappointing performance from Caro. She really didn`t look good at all and didn`t have an answer for Hantuchova`s good play. Plus i`m very disappointed that Caro didn`t seem to have that spunk that we usually see from her.

I don`t know what else is there to say other than this was a pretty bad performance from Caro. She will remain at the #1 spot at least through Wimbledon, but there is plenty of work for her to do if she wants to have a chance at getting her first Grand Slam title at the All England Club.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just wanted to inform everyone that Caroline is scheduled to return to action this week at the e-Boks Sony Ericsson Open in her home capital of Copenhagen. Here are the singles and doubles draws for that tournament:

e-Boks Sony Ericsson Open singles

(1) Caroline WOZNIACKI (DEN) vs. Irina FALCONI (USA)
Angelique KERBER (GER) vs. (WC) Karolina PLISKOVA (CZE)
Kurumi NARA (JPN) vs. Zuzana KUCOVA (SVK)
(8) Alberta BRITANI (ITA) vs. Alexandra PANOVA (RUS)

(3) Bethanie MATTEK-SANDS (USA) vs. (WC) Malou EJDESGAARD (DEN)
Johanna LARSSON (SWE) vs. Vesna DOLONTS (RUS)
Q vs. Q
(5) Barbora STRYCOVA-ZAHLAVOVA (CZE) vs. Sofia ARVIDSSON (SWE)

(7) Jelena DOKIC (AUS) vs. Q
Shuai ZHANG (CHN) vs. (WC) Julia BOSERUP (USA)
Melanie OUDIN (USA) vs. Michaella KRAJICEK (NED)
(4) Lucie SAFAROVA (CZE) vs. Q

(6) Anastasija SEVASTOVA (LAT) vs. Simona HALEP (ROU)
Petra MARTIC (SLO) vs. Vitalia DIATCHENKO (RUS)
Olga SAVCHUK (UKR) vs. Alona BONDARENKO (UKR)
(2) Klara ZAKAPALOVA (CZE) vs. Kathrin WOERLE (GER)

e-Boks Sony Ericsson Open doubles

(1)Mattek-Sands/Oudin v Han/Shamayko
Laine/Osterloh v Mladenovic/Piter
(3)Diatchenko/Koryttseva v J.Moore/Xu
Bondarenko/Bondarenko v Panova/Poutchek

Dekmeijere/Zhang v Arvidsson/Krajicek
Glatch/Rolle v (4)Brianti/Martic
(wc)Ejdesgaard/Wozniacki v (wc)Boserup/Grage
Savchuk/Woerle v (2)Larsson/Woehr

Caro has a favorable looking draw early on. If she`s in good form, then i think that she should get through it without much trouble. I really hope that she will do well in Copenhagen this week. Obviously there is still the disappointment from the French Open lingering, but i hope that Caro can shake it off with another nice run in her home capital.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Earlier today, Caroline returned to action in Copenhagen for her doubles match, which she and Malou Ejdesgaard won in straight sets. Good win for Caro. It`s nice to see her get off to a good start with a rare win in doubles.

Caro will be back in action tomorrow for her opening singles match, where she will take on Irini Falconi. This will be their second meeting of the year, with Caro crushing Falconi in their previous meeting at Charleston. This looks like a pretty favorable looking match for Caroline. I really hope that she will do well in it.

Nice to see Caroline back in the great red outfit.

Good job Caroline.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yesterday in Copenhagen, Caroline crushed Alberta Brianti 6-0, 6-1. Good win for Caro. This was an impressive performance from her, which took only 55 minutes. Nice to see her delivering a pretty good performance in front of the hometown fans. Later today, Caro will take on Mona Barthel. This looks like a favorable match for her, however i`m a bit wary since she hasn`t played Barthel before. I think that she will need to come out strong much she did in yesterday`s match. I really hope that Caroline will do well in today`s match.

Anyway here are some pics from yesterday`s matches.

Good job Caroline.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Caroline returned to action for her semifinal match earlier today in Copenhagen, where she routed Mona Barthel 6-1, 6-2.

Good win for Caro. She delivered another pretty good performance and dominated the surprising Barthel.

Coming up tomorrow, Caroline will take on Lucie Safarova in the final. This looks like a much tougher match for Caro, but at the same time, this is a great opportunity for her to get another title. I really hope that she will do well and can bring home her fifth title later today.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Earlier today in Copenhagen, Caroline defeated Lucie Safarova 6-1, 6-4 to repeat as champion.

What a great win for Caro. She came out strong by dominating the first set and then did a good job of withstanding a tough challenge from Lucie Safarova in the second set to clinch the match and the title. I`m very proud of Caroline for playing so well throughout the week in her home capital to capture her fifth title of the year. Hopefully this will be a nice confidence booster for her heading into Wimbledon.