Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Caroline Wozniacki #1: From Denmark with love!

Welcome everyone to the first Caroline Wozniacki thread. This thread is devoted to all things about the very lovely and talented Caroline. Everyone are welcome to join in the discussions as long as it`s not too dirty (This is a PG-13 board after all) and negative toward Caroline.

Biography

Date of birth: July 11, 1990
Birthplace: Odense, Denmark
Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco
Nationality: Danish
Height: 5`10"
Weight: 128 lbs.
Plays: Right-Handed(two-handed backhand)
Clothing: Adidas by Stella McCartney
Racket: Yonex Vcore 100S
Endorsements: Adidas, Yonex, Sony Ericsson, e Boks.dk, Danske Invest, Europaeiske Rejseforsikring and Turkish Airlines.

PERSONAL
*Coached by her father Piotr and Morten Christensen
*Her father Piotr played professional football(soccer) in Denmark and Poland.
*Mother Anna played volleyball for the Polish national team
*Brother Patrik plays pro football in Denmark
*Began playing tennis at the age of seven
*Enjoys soccer, swimming, handball and watching golf
*Hobbies include reading(especially Harry Potter books), shopping, playing the piano and listening to music
*Favorite actor is Johnny Depp
*Favorite food is steak and potatoes
*Is a supporter of Liverpool Football Club
*Has a slight resemblance to singer Taylor Swift
*Nicknames are Caro, Miss Sunshine and the Golden Retriever

CAREER TITLES
Singles
2008: Stockholm, New Haven and Tokyo
2009: Ponte Vedra Beach, Eastbourne and New Haven
2010: Ponte Vedra Beach, Copenhagen, Montreal, New Haven, Tokyo and Beijing
2011: Dubai, Indian Wells, Charleston, Brussels, Copenhagen and New Haven
2012: Seoul and Moscow
Doubles
2008: Beijing w/Anabel Medina Garrigues
2009: Memphis w/Victoria Azarenka

Career Awards:

2008: WTA Tour Most Impressive newcomer of the Year
2010: ITF Player of the Year and Danish Sports Name of the Year

HIGHEST RANKINGS
Singles: #1(October 11, 2010 - February 13, 2011 and February 21, 2011 - January 30, 2012)
Doubles: #52(September 14, 2009)

BEST GRAND SLAM PERFORMANCES
Australian Open: Semifinals (2011)
French Open: Quarterfinals (2010)
Wimbledon: Fourth Round (2009 and 2010)
US Open: Finals (2009)

Caroline in action on the court

and off it

The Wozniacki family

The Baltic Beauties (Caroline and the Radwanska sisters)

Caroline and Vika

The Yalies (Caroline and Rory McIlroy)

Caroline`s official website
Caroline`s official Twitter page

Affliated thread
:Maria Sharapova

Caroline`s Sunshine Army:

1. Hot Rod
2. Wingster
3. SprockLV

If you want to join, just ask and you will be added.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 10-25-2012 at 11:54 AM
Old 03-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Earlier today in Miami, Caroline returned to action for her opening match where she defeated Bethanie Mattek-Sands 6-2, 7-5. Good win for Caro. She got off to a good start by dominating the first set and held up well in the face of Mattek-Sands` revived play in the second set to win it in straight sets. So it was a good performance for Caroline today, which is a good start for her in Miami.

Anyway here are some pics from today`s match along with a couple of pics from the Players` Party.

Good job Caroline.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:18 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting this thread here at Sports.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

cool..what inspired this
Old 03-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad that y`all love the thread. I`ve been toying with starting it for a while and decided to do so after Caroline won the title at Indian Wells last week. Hopefully we`ll get some more fellow Caro fans here soon.

She returned to action last night in Miami where she defeated Daniela Hantuchova 6-1, 7-6(7). Good win for Caro. She looked very sharp in dominating the first set and held up nicely in the face of Daniela Hantuchova`s revived play in the second set to win the match in straight sets. Overall it was a nice solid performance from Caroline. Next up for her in the quarterfinals will be Andrea Petkovic. I think that this could be a tough match for Caroline. She will need to come out strong much like she did last night. I really hope that she will do well in the match.

Anyway here are some pics from last night`s match.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well Caroline`s run in Miami sadly came to an end earlier today as she was upset by Andrea Petkovic 5-7, 6-3, 3-6.

What a tough loss for Caro.

She didn`t seem to have that spark we`ve been seeing from her lately and wasn`t able to play her usual steady game as she had a lot of unforced errors, especially on her forehand, which didn`t help her cause against an aggressive Andrea Petkovic. I don`t know what else is there to say other than this was a disappointing performance from Caroline. Fortunately she will stay at #1 at least through April 18. Right now i think that Caro needs to take a much needed break after playing a lot of matches in the last month. Hopefully she will come back strong for the clay court season.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Add me please , I'm a big fan of Miss Sunshine!
Caro is love! Good luck to her in Charleston!

some icons I made

Last edited by SprockLV; 04-04-2011 at 12:33 PM
Old 04-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome to the thread. I`m very happy to have you on board. I`ve added you to the list.

Also thanks for sharing those great avatars with us. I hope that you won`t mind if i use one of them.

Since you mentioned Charleston, here is Caroline`s half of the draw for the Family Circle Cup:

Family Circle Cup singles:

(1)Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v BYE
Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) v (Q)Irina Falconi (USA)
Zuzana Ondraskova (CZE) v Anastasia Rodionova (AUS)
Andrea Hlavackova (CZE) v (15)Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (CZE)

(9)Maria Kirilenko (RUS) v Varvara Lepchenko (USA)
(Q)Anna Tatishvili (GEO) v Jelena Dokic (AUS)
Jie Zheng (CHN) v (Q)Monica Puig (PUR)
(6)Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) v BYE

(3)Jelena Jankovic (SRB) v BYE
Tamira Paszek (AUT) v Melanie Oudin (USA)
(wc)Shelby Rogers (USA) v Jill Craybas (USA)
Chanelle Scheepers (RSA) v (13)Patty Schnyder (SUI)

(10)Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) v Alla Kudryavtseva (RUS)
Petra Martic (CRO) v Evgeniya Rodina (RUS)
(Q)Heather Watson (GBR) v Christina McHale (USA)
(8)Alisa Kleybanova (RUS) v BYE

Caroline`s half looks favorable for the most part, although there are a few players like Yanina Wickmayer and Jelena Jankovic that will present a challenge for her. I really hope that Caro will do well in Charleston. It would be nice to see her get the clay court season off to a good start by winning the title.

Anyway here is a pic of Caroline at the players` party along with some new pics for a new ad campaign from Rolex.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Caroline made her return to action earlier today in Charleston where she routed Irina Falconi 6-1, 6-1. Good win for Caro. She looked pretty sharp in easily winning her opening match. This is a good start for her. Caroline will be back in action tomorrow as she will take on Barbora Zahlavova Strycova. This will be their second meeting with Caro winning the previous meeting in Charleston last year 6-4, 6-1. This looks like a favorable match for Caro, although she shouldn`t take it easily. I really hope that she will do well in it.

Anyway here are some pics from today`s match.

I like Caroline`s new outfit,

especially since it nicely showcases her curves and legs.

Good job Caroline.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
Welcome to the thread. I`m very happy to have you on board. I`ve added you to the list.
Thank You!

Quote:
Also thanks for sharing those great avatars with us. I hope that you won`t mind if i use one of them.
of course I don't mind! I'm glad you like them!

Quote:
I like Caroline`s new outfit,
I like it too! Looks good on her!

Well done Caro, very convincing win over Falconi!
Good luck against Barbora Zahlavova Strycova today! It's great that Eurosport will show the match!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Caroline was back in action yesterday at Charleston and she had a tough time against Barbora Zahlavova Strycova, but managed to come out with a 7-6(6), 7-6(9) win. Good win for Caro. This was quite a tough battle for her, especially in the tiebreakers where she jumped out to good leads in them, but Barbora Zahlavova Strycova rallied back in both of them to take the lead. However Caro did a good job of keeping her poise and stepping up her play when she needed to come out with the win. I`m very pleased with how well she responded to the tough challenge. Coming up later today in the quarterfinals will be Yanina Wickmayer. I think that this looks like another tough match for Caroline. She will need to come out strong right from the start. I really hope that she will do well later today.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, it was really tough match but she pulled through even playing below her level and Zahlavova Strycova was playing pretty good in this match, most of her drop shots and volleys were succesful!
Good luck to Caro against Wickmayer today!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yesterday in Charleston, Caroline defeated Yanina Wickmayer 4-6, 6-4, 6-4. Good win for Caro. This was another tough match for her. She really had trouble with Yanina Wickmayer`s power game for much of the match, but did a good job of keeping her poise, especially when she came back from down 0-40 at 4-4 in the second set and 2-4 in the third set. A lot of players would`ve fallen apart mentally, but Caro really showed some mental toughness in the match. Coming up later today, she will take on Jelena Jankovic in the semifinals. This will be their second meeting of the year, with Caroline winning the previous meeting at Dubai 7-5, 6-3. I expect another tough match for Caro. She will need to come out better than she did in yesterday`s match. I really hope that Caroline will do well in today`s match.

Good job Caroline.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Earlier today in Charleston, Caroline advanced to the final as she defeated Jelena Jankovic 6-4, 6-4. Good win for Caroline. She got off to another slow start, but started to get it going by playing more aggressively and extending the rallies as much as possible, which wore down Jankovic mentally. I especially love the nice net play from Caro. Now it`s on to the final for Caro tomorrow, where she will face Elena Vesnina. She is 4-1 against the Russian, with half of the wins on green clay at the now defunct tournament at Ponda Vedra Beach. I think that this could be another tough match for Caroline. She will need to come out strong and show the aggressive play we saw from today`s match. I really hope that Caroline will do well in tomorrow`s match.

Good job Caroline.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

2 great wins by Caro! Very well done! She's playing better with every match!
Now take the title Caro! Good Luck!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread