Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

Atlanta Braves Appreciation Thread#3...We believe!

1995 World Series Champions

The real home run king

Hey guys, just starting us back. The new season is underway, and our beloved Braves are struggling out of the gate. Playing .500 ball right now, but they have always been slow starters.

I'll look at the standings come memorial day, and you don't win the division in April, but you can certainly lose it.

Right now, the team is really trying to "find roles" for the bullpen pitchers, trying to find the consistant starting pitching, b/c lets face it, our starters are better than that. Expect Smoltz, Hudson and Hampton to turn it around.

Chipper is on the DL, until next week when the NY loser mets come into town. Renteria is on the DL for the 3 game series at Shea. The Braves have to start Wilson Betemit at SS and Pete Orr at 3B right now.

Also, the mets will convinietly miss facing John Smoltz in this 3 game set. Our starting lineup right now is full of "baby braves" if you will. Lets hope they can do well and tell the mets not to celebrate "just yet".

btw, who is this freaking schedule maker? The mets play 6 out of 10 games against the god awuful Nationals to start the season? No wonder they are doing so well. How about getting to play some competitive teams, huh? Then we'll really see what's up.

So lets go Braves, stay close to the mets and when they crumble after the all star break, order will be restored and Atlanta will be in 1st place once again.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 04-18-2013 at 04:02 PM
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Alex glad that you restarted the thread, although i have to say that it`s #3 not 2.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I don't have the power to change the number in the title, but you already knew that.

Lost by one run to that jacka** pedro last night, I thought they might pull it off. Is there a pitcher I hate more than him the majors right now? I don't think so, and I realize why, b/c he's a coward. That's right, nothing but a 165lbs weakling, who hides behind his teamates, the umps, and the fact that the other teams don't have the nerve to really kick his backside, one good time. Believe me, that's all it would take. He drills people, and then defiantly stands there, like he's so tough, big and bad. Like he's Roger Clemens, or Nolan Ryan. Well he's not. He couldn't hold their jock strap. My wish is that one of these days, when he tries to hit people again on purpose, for one of these batters to get through his "security team" and kick his butt. Spear him, and then just unload one or two good lefts/rights. Alright, I'm done with that for now.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well the Braves got some serious payback on the Mess by beating them up 7-1. Kyle Davies pitched an outstanding game, going the distance and giving up only 3 hits and Andruw hit two more home runs. It was so nice to see order being restored tonight. I`m especially glad that Kyle looked much better tonight. The rubber game is tomorrow afternoon with Huddy going against Tom Glavine. Huddy need to follow suit and get it going tomorrow. Plus i expect the fellas to rough up Tommy G some more too.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

The Braves need to win this game tonight. I hate to say that a game in April is "huge", but this one kind of is. If for nothing else, to shut up the annoying mets who are already celebrating their first divison title in 20 years yeah that's right, aside from the times they snuck in as a wild card, it's been that long.

I also want to see Tommy get spanked good, and I want to see Hudson having a good game. He needs it, to show that he's the 40 million dollar pitcher the team signed a year ago.

Alex

Old 04-19-2006, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It`s 2 out of 3 from the Mets again. The Braves pulled out another win today over the messy Mets. Huddy pitched an outstanding game, going the whole way and giving up only 3 hits. Plus he had a lot of help with some great defense courtesy of Matt Diaz, who threw out a runner at the plate and Tony Pena Jr., who made a couple of Web Gems in the field today. Andruw once again hit another home run and increased his league leading RBI total. I`m very happy that the Braves took 2 out of 3 from the Mets, which is even better considering Chipper and Edgar were out and Smoltzie`s turn in the rotation didn`t come in the series. I`m sure the Mets fans are pissing and moaning on their little talk shows. Anyway great way to head into a day off tomorrow. Next up on the chopping block is the Nationals.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

Newest load of crap from mets blogs...Andrew is on 'roids!...Right, I forgot, so is Albert P. and A-Rod, and anyone else who can hit HR's and dominate a series. They'll say anything to "feel better" about their team losing once again, to the Braves. Don't worry, it won't be long, until they crack, Pedro will have his annual trip to the DL, and they will resume their rightful place, behind the Braves.

All in good time. Next week, they come to the Ted. I hope fans turn out for the games, and we win that series as well. BTW, a little more "trivia" to explain the 10-4 start for the NY Mets, only played 3 road games! Yeah, who is the schedule maker? So they basically play at home so far, play the lowly nationals and marlins...hmmm, I guess any kind of an edge to beat the Braves, right? Meanwhile, compare that to the 10 games the Braves have played on the road.

Alex

Old 04-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Andruw on `roids. Mets fans always with the excuses and whining. Pretty typical of them. Andruw can`t help if he`s that damn good. Plus Mets fans need to realize that Carlos Beltran couldn`t carry Andruw`s jock. I`m also looking forward to the Mets coming to the ATL next week after the Braves get through with their road trip. I really want to see the Braves continue their dominance over the Mets and continue to make them and their whiny fans suffer. BTW i know it`s early, but when the voting for the All Star Game starts, we need to get in as many votes for the Braves` players, especially Andruw, as possible. After all we don`t want some unworthy player *cough Carlos Beltran* to be starting in centerfield where Andruw belongs.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

Rod, right on. Carlos Beltran had that one great year with Houston, and then the awesome post season numbers and since he's been nothing but average. Andrew Jones could have been the MVP last year, if his batting average was a little higher.

The Braves split the short 2 game series with the Nationals, our lineup is just decimated with injuries. I mean when your 1-3 hitters are MIA, and you still split that's pretty good. I've been saying that Wilson Betemit is going to be a fine MLB every day position player, it's just a matter of time and opportunity to play. The guy isn't going to "replace" Chipper, but he's a solid hitter and fielder at 3B or SS.

Meanwhile, the Braves should get everyone back sometime this week. I hope we are healthy and ready as a team to battle the Mets when they come to town. It'll be good if Smoltz and Hudson both get a turn in the rotation as well, and for the Mets...Tommy G. Which means a certain win for the Braves

Alex

Old 04-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah that was a nice win last night. Once again Wilson came through with that home run. He has always done when called on to start. I`m sure more than a few teams are very interested in him. Anyway the fellas finish up the road trip in Milwaukee against the Brew Crew. I`m also looking forward to getting Chipper, Marcus, and Edgar back in the lineup.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

An ugly loss to the Brewers...12 LOB...just no clutch hitting at the moment, that's why they need Renteria and C. Jones back in the lineup. Jeff is in a "mini-slump"...trying to pull everything again. Not a bad game pitched by Kyle Davis, the offense just didn't get timely hitting.

Good news is that Hudson goes tomorrow and Sosa on Wednesday. Which means...It'll be John Smoltz on Friday against the Mets.

Alex

Old 04-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you on tonight`s game being ugly, mainly offensively. Kyle Davies pitched a good game that on any other night the Braves would`ve won. It`s just the timely hits didn`t come. Hey there`s always tomorrow. Hopefully Edgar and/or Chipper will be back. Right now it`s more likely that Chipper will return. BTW i`m glad to see that Smoltzie will be going against the Mets on Friday.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

I'm hoping the rotation will be Smoltz, Thompson, Hudson. Move him up a day over Davis if you have to, with the off day on Thursday it won't make a difference. I just want the Braves to have their best against the Mets.

Alex

Old 04-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Don`t forget tonight it`s Smoltzie vs. Pedro. Enough said!
Old 04-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

Go Braves. I say 2 out of 3 will be great, a sweep would be amazing. Tonight is huge, got to win the first one and smack Perdo around. I hope Smoltzie pitches a shutout.

Alex

Reply   Post New Thread