Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Andy Roddick #10: Because his fighting spirit is second to none!

Welcome to the latest thread devoted to Andy Roddick. Everyone is welcome to discuss all things about Andy as long as the discussions aren`t too dirty. This is a PG-13 board after all. So lets keep things relatively clean here.

Biography

Full name: Andrew Stephen Roddick
Nicknames: A-Rod, Kid Roddick
Residence : Austin, Texas
Date of birth: August 30, 1982
Place of birth: Omaha, Nebraska
Height: 6`2"
Weight: 190 lb
Turned pro: 2000
Plays: Right-handed; two-handed backhand
Clothing: Lacoste
Raquet: Babolat Pure Drive
Shoes: Babolat

Personal

*Father, Jerry, is an investor, and mother, Blanche, is director of the Andy Roddick Foundation.
*Brother John was an All-American tennis player at University of Georgia (1996-98), operated a tennis academy in San Antonio and is currently the head coach at the University of Oklahoma. Also has coached Andy.
*Oldest brother Lawrence, a chiropractor in San Antonio, was an accomplished spring board diver and a member of U.S. Senior National Team.
*Married supermodel Brooklyn Decker on April 17, 2009.
*Hobbies include listening to music (favorites include Dave Matthews Band and John Mayer) and watching movies (favorite is Shawshank Redemption).
*When not on the road, Andy enjoys spending time with his friends boating on Lake Austin.
*Played varsity basketball in high school alongside Davis Cup teammate Mardy Fish, who trained and lived with Roddick in 1999.
*Is a big University of Nebraska football fan.

Career Titles
Singles
2001: Atlanta, Houston and Washington D.C.
2002: Memphis and Houston
2003: St. Polten, London/Queen`s Club, Indianapolis, Montreal, Cincinnati and the US Open
2004: San Jose, Miami, London/Queen`s Club and Indianapolis
2005: San Jose, Houston, London/Queen`s Club, Washington D.C. and Lyon
2006: Cincinnati
2007: London/Queen`s Club and Washington D.C.
2008: San Jose, Dubai and Beijing
2009: Memphis
2010: Brisbane and Miami

Doubles
2001: Delray Beach with Jan-Michael Gambill
2002: Houston with Mardy Fish
2006: Indianapolis with Bobby Reynolds
2009: Indian Wells with Mardy Fish

Davis Cup
Record: 31-11 (all in singles)
Member of the 2007 championship team

Highest rankings
Singles: #1(November 3, 2003-February 1, 2004
Doubles: #87(August 18, 2003)

Best Grand Slam results
Australian Open: Semifinals(2003, 2005, 2007, 2009)
French Open: 4th round(2009)
Wimbledon: Finals(2004, 2005 and 2009)
US Open: Champion(2003)

Andy in action on the court

and off it.

A little something for the ladies

Andy`s greatest triumph on the court

The Roddick family

Rocker (Andy and Brooklyn)

Team USA

A-Rod`s Aces:
1. Hot Rod
2. -Bianca-
3. OTH_Leyton_4eva
4. -Beth-
5. Brucas4life
6. MTVVJ08
7. lovedanielmeade
8. Calgaryfan2006
9. misst89

Andy`s official site

Andy`s Twitter page
Brooklyn`s Twitter page

Last edited by Hot Rod; 06-21-2010 at 06:49 PM
Old 10-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT! love the tittle! so true!
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
Old 10-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Glad that you like the title, which perfectly fits Andy.

Yesterday he played in the doubles final in Beijing and unfortunately he and Mark Knowles were defeated by the Bryan Brothers 4-6, 2-6. I have to say that this wasn`t much of a surprise, especially with Bob and Mike playing well. Still even i`m very proud of Andy for making it to the doubles final in Beijing. At least he got a good run there.

Next up for Andy will be the Shanghai Open. Here is the singles draw. I think that this is a tough looking draw for Andy, especially if he has to play Stan Wawrinka in the second round. Still i like Andy`s chances in Shanghai. If he can shake off the early exit in singles at Beijing, then i think that he has a good chance of making a nice run in Shanghai. I really hope that Andy can get it back going in the right direction in Shanghai.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well Andy`s stay in Shanghai winds up being a short one as he was forced to retire from his match against Stan Wawrinka up 4-3 in the first set due to left knee pain.

What a disappointing end for Andy.

It seems like he`s always getting injured during this time of the year. I hope that he`ll take a good break before the European indoor swing.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here is some fresh news regarding Andy. Unfortunately it`s bad news as he withdrew from the Paris Masters due to his knee injury. I hate it for the folks in Paris that they won`t be able to see him in action. At this point i would love to see Andy take the rest of the year off. I know that he`s trying to play in the World Tour Finals in London in a few weeks, but i think that it would be better for him to get an early start to the offseason to get a much needed break and plenty of TLC from Brooklyn. I hope that Andy will make the best possible decision.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Earlier today, Andy withdrew from the World Tour Finals due to the lingering left knee injury. I think that he`s doing the right thing in withdrawing. I`d much rather see Andy ending the year early and come back strong next year than having to see him limping through a match or two in London. I really hope that Andy will have a great offseason and his knee will get well. Hopefully we`ll get to see him at whatever bowl game Nebraska plays in.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

It's definitely the right thing.

Just a shame a great year fizzled out the way it did. He's still got some left in him, but there's only so many years in a career.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

He was saying on twitter how he lost to serena again.This time in doubles.Aah love him.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder who was Andy`s partner in the doubles match. He can always blame them if anyone asks him about the match.

Also i wondered if Andy was at the Big 12 Championship game on Saturday. I looked around for him during the broadcast, but didn`t see him. I`m sure he had plenty to say about the end of the game.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
I wonder who was Andy`s partner in the doubles match. He can always blame them if anyone asks him about the match.

Also i wondered if Andy was at the Big 12 Championship game on Saturday. I looked around for him during the broadcast, but didn`t see him. I`m sure he had plenty to say about the end of the game.
I don't think he went to it.I think he just watches it at home.Also mentioned on twitter that he has been really busy with all his Andy Roddick foundation work lately.

btw can i please be added to the Andy's aces list.Thanks.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

That`s great to hear that Andy has been busy with work on his foundation. It`s always nice to see him giving back and helping those in need.

BTW i`ve just added you to the list. Glad to have you on the team.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

After an extended offseason, Andy made his return to the court for the first time this year earlier today in Brisbane, Australia for the Brisbane International. He played his first round doubles match where he and James won in straight sets. Good win there for Andy. It`s nice to see him get a win to start out the new year. Plus i`m glad to see him and James teaming up for the first time in a while.

Andy will be back in action early tomorrow morning for his first round singles match, where he will take on Peter Luczak. Hopefully Andy can keep the good momentum going in this match tomorrow.

Anyway here are a couple of practice pics.

It`s always nice to see Andy hard at work with Larry keeping a watchful eye.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Earlier this morning in Brisbane, Andy played his first singles match of the year against Peter Luczak and he came out with a 7-6(5), 6-2 win. Good win for Andy. He got a nice tussle in the first set, but stepped up his play in the second set. I`m glad that he was able to take care of business in straight sets.

Anyway here are some pics from today`s match.

Good job Andy.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 01-04-2010 at 04:37 PM
Old 01-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

The collar on that shirt is very 80s.

Good to a see the first victory of the year.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah that collar does looks very 80s, although i think that it would look better if the shirt was white.