Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-28-2019, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sanctum [6x01] Episode Discussion Airdate [04-30-19]

6x01: Sanctum

Tuesday, April 30 | 9:00pm EST

SEASON PREMIERE
Still reeling after receiving Monty’s message, a small group goes down to explore the mysterious new planet. Back on the Mothership, several members of Wonkru face the consequences of their decisions. Eliza Taylor, Paige Turco, Bob Morley, Marie Avgeropoulos, Lindsey Morgan, Richard Harmon, Tasya Teles and Shannon Kook star. The episode was directed by Ed Fraiman and written by Jason Rothenberg (#601). Original airdate 4/30/2019.

Basic Rules:
- Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

- No Character/Actor/ship Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

- Everything is a spoiler until it has aired. Please do not post any promos or promotional photos without a spoiler cut (only the TV promo that has aired is considered not a spoiler).

- Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
ICON
Old 04-28-2019, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting, April I AM SO READY!

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 04-28-2019, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t know if I am or not.
ICON
Old 04-28-2019, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been spoiled to high hell, so... I don't know.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 04-28-2019, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
I've been spoiled to high hell, so... I don't know.
Same, but I mostly meant the season starting and being able to start discussing it. I’ve missed it

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 04-28-2019, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am excited for discussion, for sure.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 04-28-2019, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always enjoy our episode threads on this board.
ICON
Old 04-30-2019, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, April!

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 04-30-2019, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the episode overall. Could have done without that one scene, but at least Becks will like it. And I thought the Bellarke scene was far superior to it, and it really liked that one, so I’m glad about that. Probably one of my favorite scenes of theirs in a while. Eliza and Bob just have that chemistry! Undeniable stuff, IMO.

Murphy was amazing in this episode, even though he was making jabs at Clarke. Murphy makes jabs at everyone, so it doesn’t bother me as much coming from him. But Raven . . . not my favorite episode for Raven. I should feel bad for her that Shaw died, but I had no personal attachment to him.

As much as I would love Murven, I don’t think it’s happening, and I’m do still love Memori, too, so I enjoyed their swimming scene.

Decent episode for Abby.

Octavia has infuriated me yet again.

Figured Kane would go back into cryo.

Loved the small Millamy moment.

Bellamy being the only one concerned when Clarke ran into the radiation . . . why am I not surprised?
ICON
Old 05-01-2019, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a lot of feelings right now that I need time to unpack.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 05-01-2019, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I’m definitely going to expand on some thoughts later.

I know you’ll probably switch icons soon, but for now, I love this one, Becks.
ICON
Old 05-01-2019, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I know you’ll probably switch icons soon, but for now, I love this one, Becks.
I saw a Bellarke gifset with the quote in my sig and was hit by a load of feels. And that scene, SO PURE.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 05-01-2019, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had some free time at work this afternoon, so I typed full thoughts up. Granted, I haven't rewatched yet.

New Planet (or Moon, as it turns out): I do like this change. Most of the sets last year were pretty dingy and disgusting-looking, with the exception of Eden. So it’s nice to see some bright, colorful sets, and it really does make it feel new and different. So far, the lighting is excellent!

Clarke: Wow, everyone was just taking their swing at Clarke in this episode, huh? I mean, I expected it, to an extent, and I understand it. I’ve always said that I have no problem with people calling Clarke out on stuff, but it’s frustrating to see her get called out when it seems that certain other characters’ wrongdoings have been absolved. Clarke is far from perfect, and I actually really like that about her. But lo and behold, who ran into the radiation to save everyone without a second thought? Clarke. I think a lot of it just depends on WHO is calling her out. Murphy can kind of get away with it because he’s snarky to everyone, Bellamy comes at it from a less judgmental place because he does understand, and it’s just different coming from him. Like, his tone is different. And if anyone has the most reason to be upset with Clarke, it’s Bellamy, but he wasn’t lashing out at her. I don’t think it came off particularly well coming from Emori or Shaw, and Raven . . . well, I’ll have more to say about Raven.

Bellamy: I called Bellamy a “boss ass bitch” in his own thread and am standing by that. I love seeing my man with a plan! It’s nice to see him being so in charge of the group, because he’s really well-suited for that role. I loved the little things, like him telling Murphy to behave, and he made some kind of joke that I can’t remember, but it made me laugh. I’m also glad that he’s taking the responsibility of taking care of Jordan seriously by making sure that he stayed behind. I’m glad he didn’t wake Octavia, and I understood why he wouldn’t want to do that yet. As for that Becho scene . . . yeah, Jason, all that off-screen forgiveness really landed well with your audience. I don’t really love the . . . I don’t know, it almost feels like pressure that’s being placed on Bellamy to forgive Octavia, and I don’t think it was meant to come off that way, but it kind of did to me. He doesn’t have to forgive Octavia, or even Clarke for that matter. (But I think what Octavia did was FAR worse than what Clarke did. Clarke was protecting a child.) He will forgive, because that’s just who he is, but let him do it at his own pace.

Bellarke Scene: Ah, I loved this! This was probably my favorite scene of theirs since . . . the 5x05 campfire scene? Wow, can’t believe it’s been that long. I’m excluding the 5x13 scene because I consider that to be more than just a Bellarke scene. Scenes like this still give me hope. I mean, the chemistry between them just radiates! Even the simplest of looks and smiles can convey so much. I had been wondering if Clarke knew that Madi had spilled the beans about the radio calls, as it had been left kind of unclear whether or not she’d overheard Madi telling him. Clarke has never struck me as the type who likes to be vulnerable, but homegirl played it a lot cooler than I would have been able to. And only Bellamy can tease her while also being sympathetic at the same time. The bottom line for me is that THIS is the story where we’re seeing everything play out on screen. This is the relationship where all the ups and all the downs are shown, so this is the one that makes sense for me personally to root for and be invested in.

Murphy: Oh, man, in terms of entertainment value, this guy is the MVP for sure! What a fun episode for my second favorite character! He got to go swimming with his girl, and he got to sing and practically put on a concert (loved that we saw “Knocking on Heaven’s Door” on there), and he got to kick in a door. I don’t expect Murphy to be super nice to anyone, so it didn’t really bother me when he was saying **** to Clarke. And she kind of shut him up, so you know, that all worked for me.

Emori: Small moment, but I loved Bellamy’s faith that Emori could fly the ship once Shaw died. I also loved how sudden it was at the end when she went after Murphy with that knife. Luisa went for it. In general, we got to see more of Emori tonight, and I think that’s a good thing, because I think a lot of people like Emori or at the very least don’t dislike her.

Miller: I was really glad to see them already starting to touch on Miller’s actions from season 5, as that season really turned me off to him and actually caused him to drop down from #7 on my favorite characters list to off the list completely. He can definitely climb back up in the ranks for me. We saw his guilt at the end of season 5 and are still seeing it now. Loved the brief Millamy moment. And I have to admit that I didn’t focus as well as I could have on the Mackson moment because I was too busy feeling rage and sniffing my Bellarke candle to calm me down.

Echo: She was sort of just there? I’m not saying that to sound mean, but she didn’t really do much of anything. She stood up for Clarke, which . . . oh, how do I want to put this? That’s good of her to do, I’ll admit, but it’s also transparent AF. And I mean that as a criticism of the writing, not the character. It’s very telling, IMO, that Jason would take all sorts of fan favorite characters and have them say mean things to Clarke, and then take Echo, who, let’s just face it, is not a fan favorite, and have her say something supportive. Even though she nearly killed Clarke back in 5x12. Personally, I’m bracing myself for a Mary Sue season for Echo. I think they’re going to use a tragic backstory and flawless Echo actions in the present to try to pressure fans into liking her. I mean, I hope I’m wrong, but that’s what I sense. I don’t know. Time will tell.

Raven: Gah! So frustrating. I want to get back to the level that I was at with season 4 Raven. I loved Raven during the first four seasons. I still love her, but . . . I started loving her a little less in season 5, and this first episode of season 6 didn’t do anything to help out with that. Raven has always been a bit judgmental, and that’s fine, because honestly, out of all the characters, she’s the one who has run a major risk of being too perfect. But she does have flaws, and that tendency to judge others is one of them. But I just think about the 5x04 moment between her and Clarke over the radio, and now this . . . and it’s really sad. If Bellamy isn’t even going to be upset to such an extent with Clarke, then why should Raven be? Also, I totally understand her being upset with Abby, but I don’t feel like you should basically taunt a recovering addict about their addiction, and that’s how it came across to me. Like, if you want to put up some barriers between you and Abby, then do it. That’s fine, and that’s probably even healthy considering what Abby did to you. But don’t assume she’s already thinking about her next fix. Try to have a little faith in her recovery, even if you don’t want to be a part of that recovery process. (ETA: I'm kind of rewatching now via Logan's episode reaction. Um, her saying, "The faster you fall off the wagon and kill yourself, the sooner we can move on." I'm sorry, but that's just awful.)

Shaw: Sorry to anyone who was a fan of Shaw, or to who was looking forward to seeing more of his relationship with Raven. That sucks. But personally, I never got invested in him, and I never got much out of his relationship with Raven. Let’s face it: Most all of the relationships on this show end up being pretty rushed, with the exception of a couple of notable ones. (I’m thinking of Bellarke and Kabby here.) I wondered why they were just having them jump into bed right at the beginning of the episode, and then when he died, I understood why. I think it’s clear that they intended the relationship to go further until Jordan got a different show. So now it just feels weird and kind of pointless, and I wish we hadn’t devoted so much time to it last season.

Abby: Pretty strong episode for Abby, actually. She’ll never be the character I’m most interested in, and I think her recovery was pretty abrupt and doesn’t really show an accurate portrayal of quitting drugs (considering the major extent to which she was addicted), but you know, if Abby’s going to stick around, I’m here for a storyline that shows recovery, since that’s a positive thing.

Kane: Had a feeling he wouldn’t be staying out of cryo for too long. That’s unfortunate, because HIC is such a good actor, but I’m really not sure what Kane’s role is on this show anymore. He’s still my 6th favorite character, and I just love the fact that he didn’t let Octavia walk all over him, but . . . yeah, I don’t know. Bellamy is so well-suited for Kane’s storylines these days. Man, the men on this show just drop like flies, though.

Octavia: Oh, goodness. I didn’t expect her to emerge from cryo as a changed person. But I’m just so frustrated that she doesn’t just COMPLETELY OWN HER ****! Girl, you screwed up in some major ways. Like Kane said, you were the one who insisted on fighting a war. You were the one who burned the hydrofarm so there were no other options. You were the one who led people into that gorge, where they died. I’m not saying that Kane is faultless, either, because he never did have a master plan last season. But stop trying to blame him or Abby or anyone else, and own your own decisions, Octavia! (I think it’s in character of her to not do so quite yet, though, so I don’t fault the writing here. It’s just frustrating.) I also don’t know what she expected Kane to do. Girl, you almost killed him yourself in that fighting pit. Obviously he’s not going to stay loyal to you. I don’t think you can really fault him for being a “traitor” in that instance. Would anyone stay loyal to a dictator who was a fraction of a second away from killing them?

Niylah: Sort of exists right now just to be a Blodreina enthusiast?

And last but not least . . .

Jordan: Wow, talk about an actor who can just gel right away with the cast! Shannon has done a great job of being a mini-Monty while still making sure Jordan is his own character, and I really enjoyed how it showed him getting emotional about his parents.

Episode MVP: Hmm, tough call. I’m debating between Clarke and Bellamy, and maybe even Murphy just for the entertainment value. Maybe Monty could be a posthumous MVP for even finding that planet for them? I have to think about this.

Some of you know my mom is watching this season, just like the last one, and she’s really starting to really enjoy it now that she’s met the cast members and hugged Bob. So I’m going to start including her comments, too, and it’s all just FOR FUN, because I think it’s interesting to see a more casual viewer’s perspective:

Shiit my mom says: I get a kick out of Bob doing that Bellamy voice! It’s so different than his normal upbeat accent.
Bellamy and Clarke try so hard to just be friends, but the sexual tension is just there! You can cut it with a knife, and obviously they’re meant to be together.
I got to stand next to Murphy in our photo op! Now I see him up on screen singing and acting a fool!
I don’t know what’s going on, but I like it.
I bet you wish they could have just cropped Echo out of some of the scenes. She was in the background of them all the time. It annoyed me, too.
I miss Harper. I love Harper. And Chelsey. (SAME, MOM, SAME!)
I can't believe I got to hug Bob, and now I'm watching him on TV again. And you've gotten to hug him more times than you can count!

Last edited by a little chaos; 05-01-2019 at 11:51 PM
Old 05-01-2019, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Clarke: Wow, everyone was just taking their swing at Clarke in this episode, huh? I mean, I expected it, to an extent, and I understand it. I’ve always said that I have no problem with people calling Clarke out on stuff, but it’s frustrating to see her get called out when it seems that certain other characters’ wrongdoings have been absolved. Clarke is far from perfect, and I actually really like that about her. But lo and behold, who ran into the radiation to save everyone without a second thought? Clarke. I think a lot of it just depends on WHO is calling her out. Murphy can kind of get away with it because he’s snarky to everyone, Bellamy comes at it from a less judgmental place because he does understand, and it’s just different coming from him. Like, his tone is different. And if anyone has the most reason to be upset with Clarke, it’s Bellamy, but he wasn’t lashing out at her. I don’t think it came off particularly well coming from Emori or Shaw, and Raven . . . well, I’ll have more to say about Raven.
It's different though because those wrongdoings would have been absolved over those 6 years in space whereas Clarke's wrongdoings have literally just happened, so her betrayal is still very fresh and very raw so it is no shock that they're coming after her.

I do agree with you about Murphy and Bellamy though, whenever Bellamy confronts Clarke it is always from a place of love and understanding, the man is literally so soft for her and struggles to stay mad at her for 5 minutes and I love that.

Quote:
Bellamy: I called Bellamy a “boss ass bitch” in his own thread and am standing by that. I love seeing my man with a plan! It’s nice to see him being so in charge of the group, because he’s really well-suited for that role. I loved the little things, like him telling Murphy to behave, and he made some kind of joke that I can’t remember, but it made me laugh. I’m also glad that he’s taking the responsibility of taking care of Jordan seriously by making sure that he stayed behind. I’m glad he didn’t wake Octavia, and I understood why he wouldn’t want to do that yet. As for that Becho scene . . . yeah, Jason, all that off-screen forgiveness really landed well with your audience. I don’t really love the . . . I don’t know, it almost feels like pressure that’s being placed on Bellamy to forgive Octavia, and I don’t think it was meant to come off that way, but it kind of did to me. He doesn’t have to forgive Octavia, or even Clarke for that matter. (But I think what Octavia did was FAR worse than what Clarke did. Clarke was protecting a child.) He will forgive, because that’s just who he is, but let him do it at his own pace.
I don't think Echo was pressuring him in any way, she was just being a supportive girlfriend to me. She gets how important Clarke and Octavia are to Bellamy and she has been dating the man for 3 years so she'll understand him pretty well at this point, as for the rest of your Bellamy points, I agree.

Quote:
Murphy: Oh, man, in terms of entertainment value, this guy is the MVP for sure! What a fun episode for my second favorite character! He got to go swimming with his girl, and he got to sing and practically put on a concert (loved that we saw “Knocking on Heaven’s Door” on there), and he got to kick in a door. I don’t expect Murphy to be super nice to anyone, so it didn’t really bother me when he was saying **** to Clarke. And she kind of shut him up, so you know, that all worked for me
Murphy was my MVP too. He earned points during this ep and man he's gotten sexier.

Quote:
Abby: Pretty strong episode for Abby, actually. She’ll never be the character I’m most interested in, and I think her recovery was pretty abrupt and doesn’t really show an accurate portrayal of quitting drugs (considering the major extent to which she was addicted), but you know, if Abby’s going to stick around, I’m here for a storyline that shows recovery, since that’s a positive thing.
I also find her recovery very unrealistic, and if she doesn't relapse this season then it is just poor writing, recovery is NEVER smooth sailing.

Quote:
Niylah: Sort of exists right now just to be a Blodreina enthusiast?
BUT NIYTAVIA. IT IS HAPPENING.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 05-02-2019, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I don’t think that scene was meant to come off as pressure, and I don’t think she was necessarily pressuring him. I just sense this . . . this expectation that Bellamy forgives Octavia, which we know he will, but I would really love for a character, any character, even Echo, to say, “You know, you don’t have to forgive her.” Actually, the same goes for Clarke, but I find Clarke’s actions more understandable, and I think Bellamy does, too, because he can so deeply relate with the Madi/Octavia parallels. That doesn’t mean that it doesn’t still sting, though.

Niytavia could be happening.
ICON

Last edited by April7739; 05-02-2019 at 04:55 AM