Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-29-2019, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, I can’t fathom that, either.
ICON
Old 06-29-2019, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m now trying to think if I’ve ever watched a show were I hated the lead can’t think of one.

It’s particularly rough being an Echo fan because she’s more hated than liked. But it’s also rough being a Bellamy, Lexa and Clarke stan, but with them they’re equally as loved so it’s easier for me to deal with if that makes sense.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-29-2019, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can’t think of a show I love where I hate the lead, either.

OH, WAIT! Lost! I used to love Lost, but I hated Jack Shepherd. Like, my feelings on him were very similar to my feelings on Echo. But that was such a large show with such an ensemble that I could get past it. I’m still pissed about how it ended, though, and have never rewatched since the series finale.
ICON
Old 06-29-2019, 02:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey all,

The constant tension on those episode threads is one reason why I haven't posted on the last two eps over there. Jeez. No matter what you say, you're wrong. I'm up for a healthy debate, but, it turns into clobbering time. Got too much negativity going on in RL to deal with that ****e.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a Bellamy fan first, and a Bellarke fan after that. But, I do see the value in ALL of the characters, especially over the whole run of the show. How could I be a fan of this wonderful show, and not feel that way?

I may not like Becho as a couple, but, I do think Echo is a total badass. I laughed at her so diplomatic reply to Madi's "let's kill em all" plan. Priceless facial expressions. Poor little Madi is so caught up in being the commander. That means nothing on Sanctum, kid. And I am here for that. Time to bury the whole flame/commander plot. Better yet, lets drop it into the anomaly, never to be seen again. I know, I can dream.

Madi and Jordan's naivete and impulsiveness is causing a ton of issues for Skaikru this season. I'm a little disappointed in how they have utilized Jordan thus far. He disappears for episodes only to be trotted out to judge Bellamy's actions. I would have thought that dear old Dad would have spilled the tea on "heart Bellamy " and his devotion to Clarke. Duh, Jordan.

I love the dynamic between Echo and Emori. And Emori was THE MAN in this episode. Luisa's face is so expressive. I scared the cat when I whooped when Emori called Bellamy back to tell him the truth. She really loves Murphy so much. I hope he deserves her some day. Murphy is true to character. Just when I start to love the guy, he disappoints. I'm expecting a turn around for him now. That is, unless he bleeds out. Nah, he's a cockroach. He'll be fine.

You can tell that Eliza is just loving portraying Josephine. I cackled when she laid her head down on Murphy's shoulder with that little smile. You all know the scene. Girl is on fire.

So much for Russel doing the right thing. My money is on Ryker to help Skaikru. And Priya is upset that Russel jumped his turn. Forget about murder, you butted in line. Hee.

No surprise at all with Xavier being Gabriel. I suspect Diyoza isn't gone. But. I do agree that she won't be pregnant when she emerges. And Octavia with the clean unmatted hair. So the anomaly is like a shower or spa. Can't wait until the Blakes reunite in the magical forest. I've always loved how Marie and Bob play off of each other.

Like a lot of folks, I feel for the Kabby fans. But they have had almost 3 seasons together. It seems that with HIC getting a new role. Kane may really be done for. Just the way things are going, I can see Eliza Taylor-
Morley and Bob Morley as the first two names in the credits for S7. I can really see Abby sacrificing herself somehow this season. Maybe a spacewalk (I thought that whole exchange between Abby and Raven was odd). Sad to say, but, I think it may be time.

Of course, I love that Bellamy had to drag non-Clarke off into the forest of darkest fears and deepest desires... alone. I hope we get some great dialogue between them and some scenes with just the two of them. For actors whom the writers refer to as "lightening in a bottle", I will be most disappointed if we don't. The chemistry is a given, but, I want more. After 5 1/2 seasons, I feel we deserve more.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, Modo! Glad to see you back here.

I really enjoyed reading through all your thoughts! “The anomaly is like a shower or spa” cracked me up.

I get what you mean about a healthy debate versus clobbering. (That’s a good way to put it, tbh). Like, for example I’m not particularly disappointed with the way they’ve utilized Jordan. I feel like it makes sense for him to be the wild card, and I don’t get the sense that he’s judging Bellamy’s actions. Well . . . maybe you’re right. Maybe he kind of is. But I don’t mind, because it’s helped bring heart Bellamy back out. And I don’t really get anything out of the dynamic between Echo and Emori, but it’s cool that you are enjoying it.

Nothing against Paige, because she’s a fantastic actress, but it’s driven me nuts that Bob has never gotten to be the second name in the credits. And I really want to see Abby die this season. She’s become so infuriating, and her storylines aren’t even interesting anymore because she’s so infuriating. We need some character reduction, and she’s one I can definitely stand to lose.
ICON

Last edited by April7739; 06-29-2019 at 04:22 PM
Old 06-29-2019, 08:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Hey, Modo! Glad to see you back here.

I really enjoyed reading through all your thoughts! “The anomaly is like a shower or spa” cracked me up.

I get what you mean about a healthy debate versus clobbering. (That’s a good way to put it, tbh). Like, for example I’m not particularly disappointed with the way they’ve utilized Jordan. I feel like it makes sense for him to be the wild card, and I don’t get the sense that he’s judging Bellamy’s actions. Well . . . maybe you’re right. Maybe he kind of is. But I don’t mind, because it’s helped bring heart Bellamy back out. And I don’t really get anything out of the dynamic between Echo and Emori, but it’s cool that you are enjoying it.

Nothing against Paige, because she’s a fantastic actress, but it’s driven me nuts that Bob has never gotten to be the second name in the credits. And I really want to see Abby die this season. She’s become so infuriating, and her storylines aren’t even interesting anymore because she’s so infuriating. We need some character reduction, and she’s one I can definitely stand to lose.
I guess I just see the potential for the Echo and Emori relationship. It was shown a little in S5, along with Raven in the mix. If we had gotten those flashbacks in S5, these scenes could have resonated more with people. Instead, we get little looks that are supposed to mean something deeper than what we have actually seen to this point. Fleshing out the bond between these women more would have been great. And it would have been a heck of a lot better than making Echo's main purpose be the male lead's gf. I was thrilled that Luisa was given such good material in this ep. Way overdue, IMHO.

I would really like to have seen Raven involved more with her Spacekru than mixed up with Abby. She is so removed from them right now and has no idea what is going on with Clarke. I miss her relationship with Bellamy.
Given how pissed she was at Clarke, I would think that TPTB would have played up that relationship more. Instead, we get whiplash from Raven's hot and cold interactions with Abby. They really don't know what to do with her this season. We have several episodes left, so I'm hopeful that they will finally give Raven something to do.

Was the spacewalk thing forshadowing? Could Abby get "floated"? I kind of hope they kill her off, too. This cast is way big, and I think Abby has run her course. Plus, it would be something for Clarke's storyline once she has been saved. Abby and Clarke have resolved their differences, so, there isn't much drama to mine from them now. Clarke is now the "mom" in the story. With her and Bellamy seen as the leaders of their people by the Sanctum folks, there really isn't a need for Abby. Or Kane, for that matter.

As far as Jordan, I guess I expected him to be more a part of things. There have been a couple of episodes that he either wasn't in at all or appeared minimally. They hyped his character so much that I guess I just expected more for his story. Perhaps getting stabbed will result in an epiphany of some kind for either him or Madi. I would hope that we would get to see what is happening with the captured Earthkru. I expect we may get some torture.

I can't believe that Bob Morley was listed 5th in the S1 credits behind Marie. I agree that he should have been billed 2nd, especially since S3. I also find it hard to believe that Finn was EVER considered the male lead. IMO, the best thing JR did was kill him off. It really lifted the series away from teen drama and led to the stellar Mt. Weather storyline.

Last edited by Modo1013; 06-29-2019 at 08:44 PM
Old 06-29-2019, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, Luisa got some really good material in the last episode. It’s been since season 4 that she really had anything substantial.

Totally agree with what you said about Abby and Raven.

One of my favorite things to do when watching seasons 1 and 2 is to watch Bob steadily creep up the cast list.
ICON
Old 06-30-2019, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Modo. I'm sorry that you feel this way, honestly it's making me so mad that multiple people are feeling this way now. You guys should be able to post freely without worrying about things like that.

I hope what you said about Abby sacrificing herself turns out to be true, honestly this character lost her relevance seasons ago and I'd only feel bad for Clarke mostly (if she dies) but they don't seem that close either so ... (girlfriend still doesn't know her own daughter is dead ) That would actually give good closure to the character and redeem her at the end.

They really need to showcase Jordan a lot more, Shannon is clearly talented and the character could add a lot to the table but is sadly under utilised so far.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-30-2019, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If they kill Abby, then some of her screentime could go to Jordan. Problem solved!
ICON
Old 06-30-2019, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I’ll pass on more Jordan

I don’t care much for Abby, but I feel people are being overly harsh about her body swapping Kane, if it were Bellamy or Clarke doing that for each other, or Octavia bringing back Lincoln that way, or Clarke bringing Lexa back that way and don’t forget Memori we’re willing to do that for immortality... obviously bellarkes and clexas, and Linctavias wouldn’t like other actors playing their faves but would they judge the morality side of it? Not so sure. I think Abby’s actions get judged more harshly because kabby isn’t as big as the other ships.

Obviously the Clarke thing is a whole other thing entirely

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-30-2019, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, I hadn’t thought about it that way. I like to think that I would still be critical of Clarke or Bellamy if they did what Abby did for to Kane, but I would probably be more willing to try to empathize. Although I’d be livid, as most Kane fans are, I assume, to see someone else playing the part.
ICON
Old 07-01-2019, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like I would feel the same way if it was Bellamy/Clarke in that situation. I wouldn't want ANYONE else to play them, it just wouldn't be the same. Really sucks for the Kane and Kabby fans though, show did them dirty.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-01-2019, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Soooo dirty.
ICON
Old 07-01-2019, 10:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not really angry at Abby for body swapping Kane. She is in love with the man, but, I also think her sense of purpose completely lies in saving him...by whatever means necessary. Over the course of the show, she has been shown to make some bad choices in the name of love. Clarke comes by this trait naturally. Lol. This obsession to save Marcus seems to be a continuation of her addiction storyline. IMO, it is definitely in character. It would also be in character for Kane to reject what she has done. From what we saw here, it looks like that just may happen.

I really want Abby to find out what they did to Clarke and have her go nuts on the Primes. Perhaps sabotage the whole process to make them pay. Maybe Marcus will eventually sacrifice himself to stop the cycle. He was willing to die in the pits in S5, so, I wouldn't count that out. If they are going to have one or both of Kabby exit the show, I can see them going out in a way that brings their characters full circle. Both of them lost their way in S5, so, a final redemption arc might be in the cards.

No one has really died yet this season. They dispatched Shaw so quickly and rolled right into Sanctum, so, you know something bigger is coming. They barely allowed Raven to mourn at all. With HIC being cast in a 21-22 episode per season show, I don't see him returning to the role. And what would even be Kane's purpose now? Or Abby's after the nightblood serum is finished?

I just feel that the leadership baton has definitely been passed on to Bellarke. It actually felt that way to me early in S4 when Kabby were talking about the "youth inheriting the earth". Neither one of them has any real authority now. Would they just be around to advise and share sage wisdom? Bellarke has experienced as much, if not more. They no longer need Kabby for that purpose.

There are so many characters on this show and new ones are coming in all the time. I just think Kabby's story has been told. Of course, this could be all wrong and we get cougar Abby and young Kane 2.0 in a hot romance. I honestly don't know how i would feel about that. If we got that before even one moment of Bellarke romance...sigh.

There are still 5 episodes left. Anything can happen. Thinking positive...
Old 07-01-2019, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, yes, I totally agree with you there, Modo. Except for the part about not being disappointed in Abby, because I am disappointed. I think you’re right that it’s very in character (her new addiction, like you said), but it’s just gone to show me how much I’ve grown to dislike her character. I’ve never been a huge fan, but this selfish decision is the straw that breaks the camel’s back for me.

Yeah, they’re just not needed for the storyline and really haven’t been for a while. Time to dispense.
ICON